The Fairfax hotel delivers a reasonably luxurious experience in a great location in DC.
Here's what we experienced....
- Great location near Dupont Circle and, if you are able-bodied, a good 20-25 minute walk to the middle of the mall or to Georgetown.
- Cordial, friendly, responsive staff (front desk, bell staff , phone operator/guest services)
- Excellent service in the Jockey Club restaurant; yeah it could be considered pricey.
- Very nice breakfast and breakfast service (full breakfast will run you around 50 bucks for 2)
- Older building with traditional interior if you are looking for a change of pace from modern design (we like modern but the traditional worked well considering the location)
- Nice bed linens and pilows
- Great water pressure and lots of hot water
- Nice soap/bathroom ameneties and huge superabsorbent bath towels
- GREAT acknowledgement of Platinum status SPG: we were fortunate to be upgraded to a nice 2 room suite on the 7th floor even though we used points for the entire stay. We received a very ample fruit basket and high end bottled water- delivered to the room
- Flat screen screens
- Relatively quiet part of town (our room was very quiet but we are not sure if those on lower floors get the street noise
- Walking distance to good restaurants and Starbucks (a block away)
- Functional Gym with new cardio equipment and a set of dumbells up to 50 pounds (it appears they had a complete set up to 65 based on the weight rack but the weights over 50 were missing)
- The bed was OK but it was definitely not a real pillow top. It was somewhat firm. The nice linens and pillows helped make it more comfortable. I slept pretty well even though I prefer pillowtops
- Housekeeping did a good job cleaning the room but we only got turn down service on 2 of the 4 nights we were there. When they did it, it was good (chocolates on pillow, slippers on a white mat next to the bed
- We received morning newspapers 2 out of the 4 nights
- 30 bucks a night for parking although that is actually pretty good for DC and the parking on street was hard to come by (but you can find more expensive valet charges in DC)
Someone paying $500 or more a night for a suite would probably have a problem with this uneveness in the turndown service and newspaper delivery but hopefully they are just breaking in some new housekeeping people.
The bottom line is that we enjoyed our stay and the smaller feel of this hotel and we would probably consider staying there again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairfax at Embassy Row Hotel is a luxury accommodation in Dupont Circle by the White House, National Mall, and Lincoln Memorial. We have 259 guest roms, a grand ballroom, and several meeting rooms ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Starwood, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairfax At Embassy Row Hotel Washington Dc
- Westin Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Westin
- Westin Embassy Row