“Glamour and Grandeur Just Steps from Dupont Circle” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel

You added The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel to your Saves list
The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2100 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20008 (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #29 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Houston, Texas
“Glamour and Grandeur Just Steps from Dupont Circle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was attending oral arguments at the Supreme Court this month and was only in the city for one night and was delighted to see that the Fairfax was offering the best rate of any Starwood property in the city that evening. Unfortunately, harsh weather that day caused cancellations of 3 flights i was booked on, and when I called the hotel to let them know I might not arrive till after midnight, they assured me a wonderful room would be waiting. I managed to arrive at midnight, exhausted after an all-day travel ordeal, and reception could not have been more welcoming. The delightful Sonnelle went out of her way to place me in a spectacular, spacious top-floor room and to make sure my every need was met. She also suggested a superb dinner spot (Kramerbooks) just a few blocks from the hotel and still open at that late hour. The hotel is magnificent--the former DC residence of at least 3 former Presidents and Vice Presidents and just about every other famous politician or celebrity who has ever lived in DC. The location is in the tony Embassy side of Dupont Circle, just a few minutes walk from the Metro. The feel of the hotel is glamour and grandeur, elegant, rich, and perfectly tasteful and stately. Breakfast is served in the hotel's lovely Capitol Room. The entire staff is welcoming and professional, and they all--especially the wonderful Sonnelle--will make you want to return again and again. I just wish my stay could have been for more than 1 night.

Room Tip: The top floor rooms are spacious and have lovely views of the area embassies
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I loved everything about my stay here - customer service was great, the hotel is clean and the rooms are spacious. I only wish I had stayed longer than 1.5 days... I will definitely return.

*I did stay here about 2.5 years ago, I wasn't able to select that far back when completing this.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I travel for work and have stayed in several hotels in DC, but The Fairfax is by far the nicest hotel so far- both in terms of service and quality. The hotel is located in Dupont circle and has a traditional look; very regal. The staff is very friendly and accommodating the whole time I was there. I have to give a special shout-out to Sonnelle, who was the person who checked me in. She was so nice and super insightful by giving me recommendations for local places to eat and things to do on my downtime - five start service all the way. I will definitely stay here again in the future!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This hotel is great, the people treated me like a celebrity and greeted my family with a warm welcome. The room was very elegant and the bed was comfy. The lobby has a cozy feel and the people at the front desk greeted me every time I walked inside the hotel. The Fairfax defiantly deserves five stars

Stayed April 2015
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My wife and I stayed at the Fairfax over the weekend and had a great time. The staff is amazing. We met Scott (Food & Beverage Manager) who has to be one of the nicest guys in the hotel business. He made sure we had everything we needed while dining for dinner and breakfast the next morning. The room was amazing and we had an overall great experience.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Paradise Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed at the Fairfax at Embassy Row three times in the past year (ironically I lived at the property for 10 months in 1992 when it was the Ritz Carlton & I was there for a business assignment). I cannot say enough about the impeccable staff - front desk; bellmen; housekeepers; etc. My daughter moved to Washington DC a year ago and this is the only place I even consider staying. On my most recent visit last month I was so impressed with Sommelle at the Front Desk. She went above and beyond to insure we were satisfied with every part of our stay! I plan to return in June!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
FairfaxatEmbassyRow, General Manager at The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
We are so honored to be your favorite place to stay when in Washington, DC, and we thank you for sharing your story! It will be our pleasure to share your compliments with our staff, as we’re sure they will make their day; thank you for acknowledging them in your review of The Fairfax at Embassy Row. June will be here very soon and we look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you for your kind words.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Traditional style hotel. Clean. Short walk to Metro. Great neighborhood with lots of restaurants and beautiful buildings (and embassies). Kind of nice to of more central DC, quieter. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The Phillips Collection is across the street, which is a great art museum.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
The Phillips Collection is a must-see when visiting the Dupont Circle area and we’re thrilled that the location of The Fairfax at Embassy Row made it easy for you to enjoy. Thank you for your very kind comments for both our staff and property and please, come back soon!

Been to The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel

Address: 2100 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20008
#19 Luxury Hotel in Washington DC
#22 Family Hotel in Washington DC
#27 Business Hotel in Washington DC
#31 Romantic Hotel in Washington DC
Hotel Class:4.5 star — The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel 4.5*
The Fairfax at Embassy Row Hotel is a luxury accommodation in Dupont Circle by the White House, National Mall, and Lincoln Memorial. We have 259 guest roms, a grand ballroom, and several meeting rooms ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Starwood, Orbitz, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Fairfax At Embassy Row Hotel Washington Dc
Westin Washington Dc
Washington Dc Westin
Westin Embassy Row

If you own or manage The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.