“Very comfortable and relaxing stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel to your Saves list
The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2100 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20008 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #36 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
New York City, New York
“Very comfortable and relaxing stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The reasons that made us choose this hotel were the excellent price we found on Travelocity, together with its convenient location, near Dupont Circle. I guess that if you are a young person/couple, this hotel should not be your first choice. The decor and quietness of the place is clearly not for young tourists. That being said, the room was a nice size and very comfortable. The hotel ended up being a very good choice for us.

837 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Greek first
Essex, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Great room, service and food. The hotel is beautiful, with a lot of attention to detail. The staff remembered us each and every time we were leaving for the day or arriving back to the hotel in the evening. The breakfast was outstanding, not your typical continental breakfast and lunch and/or dinner were tasty as well. Conveniently located near the metro station.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have been making annual visits to Washington D.C. throughout my life. There is no better time to visit than right now -- in the summer and autumn (P.S. the humidity has been very low this year!). I stayed at The Fairfax (a Starwood property) for 2 nights during July 4, 2014 and I had such a perfect time at The Fairfax I decided to return for 2 additional nights (July 18-20). With more than 250 rooms, this historic hotel offers choice; yet it feels "intimate," with a nice bar, a great breakfast room, and lovely homes & gardens just outside the hotel's door. The Fairfax is in the nicest part of D.C., perfect for strolling through tree-lined streets to one of the many affordable restaurants in the Dupont Circle area. The Dupont Circle Metro Station on the Red line is an easy 5-minute walk from the hotel, and the closest 5 stops on the Red line will connect you with Union Station and Judiciary Square (near the National Mall, museums and The U.S. Capitol building) and the 2 largest transit hubs in the city: Metro Center and Gallery Place - Chinatown. This hotel is my favorite for 3 reasons: the rooms were recently upgraded to the luxury level following a $27 million renovation, the Staff is well trained, and The Phillips Collection is right across the street from the hotel. If you are an art lover and you have not yet visited The Phillips, you are in for a huge surprise & a special treat. The Collection is first-rate and from Tuesday to Friday you may see the museum's collection with a pay-as-you-wish donation. The Phillips is the first U.S. museum devoted to Modern Art, and you may also visit on Saturdays from 10 am to 5 pm, and from 11 am to 6 pm on Sundays. I have lived my entire life in New York City, and I believe The National Gallery of Art and The Phillips Collection are as high in quality as any museum in Paris or New York; and of course you have to visit D.C. to view the sole painting by Leonardo da Vinci in the USA, as well as the monuments and the many free museums. During my stay, I visited the memorials to President F.D. Roosevelt and Dr. King for the first time, and I found their quotations alone worth a visit to D.C. No hotel is perfect, but The Fairfax is as close as it gets. The Management is willing to listen to you to make your stay enjoyable, and I found the staff polite and helpful during my 2 recent stays.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The Fairfax is a grand old hotel just off Dupont Circle in Washington, DC. Many years ago it housed one of the Kennedys' favorite French restaurants,the Jockey Club, and is now a member of the the Starwood Luxury Collection chain. It is OK, but I have stayed in better 4 Point hotels. The service was spotty. I arrived in a taxi in a rainstorm. No one came out to meet me, so I schlepped my suitcase (a carryon) to the door and up the stairs to the reception desk. Luckily I had an umbrella. They must have a wheelchair entrance somewhere, but it was not at the front of the hotel. The room was large, and had adequate 120V and USB power stations - but the 120V was very hard to get plugs in and out, and it pulled a prong out of my own USB converter. T The bathroom was small, and had inadequate space for my shaving kit and toiletries. he spare roll of toilet paper was balanced on the top of the toilet tank, sharing space with the spare towels - there was no towel rack. When I arrived in the room there was no bathrobe - I called the desk and ultimately one arrived. There was no bath mat - so I put a towel on the floor. There was no tub. The shower was large, but the door was positioned so that it was a long stretch to the shower control, so arm had the initial cold water freeze as I rotated the handle to hot. The bed was comfortable, the flat screen good, the wifi a little on the slow side. The bar was pleasant - I took advantage of the the SPG Gold free drink because the NAS people who reserved the room for me paid for WIFI. There was an adequate exercise room, but no pool, sauna, or hot tub. So, an OK hotel - but not up to the Luxury Collection standard. Certainly not my first choice in DC.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side, not the Mass. Ave. or 21st St. side of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
FairfaxatEmbassyRow, General Manager at The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
We certainly do appreciate the time you took to share not only the parts of your stay that you enjoyed, but also those that may need more of our attention. We would like to point out that we do offer handicapped access in our lobby with a power wheelchair lift. The experience you described right from the time you arrived is certainly not what we want for our guests and we will be sure to share your comments with our staff. Your review will help to reinforce our need for stellar customer service. Thank you for reaching out to us with your concerns. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back for the luxury experience you have come to know from our brand.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Cant get a better location, better room, better price...not to mention tge great service from the staff who was thougtful and attentive at all times without been in your face
Loved it and glad i found finally a great hotel in the city

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Hearing that you feel The Fairfax at Embassy Row is your home-away-from-home makes us very happy. We strive to provide our guests with the utmost in comfort and care and we thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our staff’s efforts. Please come and stay with us again soon!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This hotel is conveniently located to the Metro station, and there was even a close stop for our Big Bus tour. Very friendly staff and room was beautiful. A little on the older side but it complemented our historical tour of DC. :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
How nice that your recent trip to Washington, DC was made even more memorable by your stay at The Fairfax at Embassy Row. Our central location makes it easy for our guests to make the most out of their stays and we hope we can look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you for your review.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

a great find in the heart of DC. Great service by the staff , great room, clean and spacious. easy access to all sites and points of interest either by public transportation or taxi. Great rapport quality and price. Will be back and recommend to family and friends!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel

Address: 2100 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20008
#10 Best Value Hotel in Washington DC
#19 Luxury Hotel in Washington DC
#26 Family Hotel in Washington DC
#28 Romantic Hotel in Washington DC
#31 Business Hotel in Washington DC
Hotel Class:4.5 star — The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel 4.5*
The Fairfax at Embassy Row Hotel is a luxury accommodation in Dupont Circle by the White House, National Mall, and Lincoln Memorial. We have 259 guest roms, a grand ballroom, and several meeting rooms ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Otel and Venere so you can book your The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Fairfax At Embassy Row Hotel Washington Dc
Westin Washington Dc
Washington Dc Westin
Westin Embassy Row

If you own or manage The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.