“Outstanding service from Front Office” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel to your Saves list
The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2100 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20008 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #44 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Outstanding service from Front Office”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I had a long weekend at the hotel with my family and I can state that this stay was really remarkable in terms of the facilities and also the service we received. I have to underline the super friendly and outstanding service we received from the Front Desk team. My adress is clear for my next stays around that area. Thank you...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

753 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Greek first
Chicago suburbs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Room well-furnished, bed very comfortable. Bathroom modern and clean; shower's water pressure is superb. Hotel has classic "old school" decor: dark paneling, framed prints and photos of DC buildings. Hotel quiet and classy. Action is 2 blocks away at Dupont Circle.

• Stayed April 2014
ewellis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I've stayed at this property many times over the years (dating back to its incarnation as a Ritz) and have generally been pleased. This last trip was an exception. My 12 year old and I arrived in the early evening on a Saturday, tired after an overseas flight and looking forward to hot showers and bed. After an excruciatingly long check-in process (20 minutes), the front desk clerk finally found us a room and sent us off -- unescorted. Unfortunately, however, the room he sent us to was already occupied. Yikes! We returned to the front desk and after another 15 minutes or so, we are sent off to another room. This room was small, with an ally view, and lots of wear. There were stains in the carpet and the porcelain on the tub was chipped badly and lousy, tacky patch had been applied. To make matters worse, there seemed to be a number of late night partiers in the hotel. On three separate ocassions in the night, a drunkard banged on our door. It was hellish.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

The hotel staff were all very helpful, but I was very impressed that when I left a couple of small but important items in my room the lost and found officer helpfully packaged them up and sent them on to me. I enjoyed my stay as the hotel is in a very good location and the rooms comfortable.

Stayed April 2014
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Me, my wife and two kids stayed at this handsome hotel for three nights . The staff was very friendly and welcoming. You need to try the roomservice to see what a good service means. The bell staff opens the doors like automatic doors:)) we never find a chance to touch the doors:)) very kind people working at this hotel. The location Dupont Circle is a super place , in the heart of the city. Will visit this hotel again for sure.... We strongly recommend this luxurious and friendly hotel.

Stayed March 2014
Warwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed at this hotel in the past and have just finished a 10-day stay here. I am moved to write this review to acknowledge the sterling service offered by all staff. With so many hotels to choose from in DC, I was looking for some place offering a touch more character - The Fairfax has this in spades.

All staff are friendly and happy to help to make your stay as comfortable as possible. They know what's going on in the City (as you may expect) but they also have the inside track on where to go on particular nights (if you're by yourself, want quiet, want a crowd, want it nearby etc - you name it, they know it!)

Having stayed there for a semi-prolonged period, I was greeted by name both coming and going in the mornings and evenings. Little touches like this make the place feel more homely, adding to the experience. After I left, I realised I somehow managed to leave a personal item in the room. No bother - an email to the hotel and I received a confirmation that the item would be couriered to me. What else? Some random things:

- I enjoyed a perfect martini (or two) in the bar and the banter with staff and patrons alike was always welcome.
- Breakfast is efficient - useful for quick eats so you can get to your appointment. The many staff on duty make sure you have everything and service was always quick.
- Lots of stories surround the hotel with many famous faces having stayed or eaten here - the ones concerning Sinatra being my favourites.

A special acknowledgement to Ertug Ersoy who coordinated my stay impeccably despite a busy schedule.

In short, I'll be back - why would I stay anywhere else?

Room Tip: Depends on what you like/dislike - ask at check-in
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Moncton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Loved this hotel, room was little small but had a kind of retro charm. Bed was very comfortable and staff were very helpful, helping us find restaurants in the evening and even making reservations for us.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel

The Fairfax At Embassy Row Hotel Washington Dc
#12 Romantic Hotel in Washington DC
#23 Luxury Hotel in Washington DC
#32 Business Hotel in Washington DC
#40 Family Hotel in Washington DC
Hotel Class:4.5 star — The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel 4.5*
The Fairfax at Embassy Row Hotel is a luxury accommodation in Dupont Circle by the White House, National Mall, and Lincoln Memorial. We have 259 guest roms, a grand ballroom, and several meeting rooms ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Tingo, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.