Starwood and the Luxury Collection have really stepped up their game with this property. My stay was three nights right as the Cherry Blossoms were in full bloom. The new SPG iPhone app showed my room type (upgraded) three days before check-in...which was pretty great.
- Was upgraded to a Deluxe Suite which was incredibly spacious, comfortable and functional---big bathroom, big desk, TVs in both rooms. Room was clean and well kept. Towels in the bathroom are super soft and huge.
- They use Remede toiletries which is the same as Starwood's most upscale brand (really awesome stuff). Get a couple of sets to take with you for use at other hotels.
- Staff is incredibly accommodating, professional and on-point. One morning I asked concierge for collar stays. None. Later that day he stopped me as they had gone to Brooks Bros to stock up.
- Old school charm (dark woods, florals) that I like every-so-often.
- Strong WiFi (although at a cost for everyone other than Platinum members)
- Great area of town - steps from Metro, tons of wonderful restaurants and a CVS.
- AC is strong and gets cold (for those of use who like that).
- I can see how light sleepers may have some trouble. Being in a major urban area, there's a lot of noise, but the windows could use re-sealing.
Areas of Improvement:
- Pillows are mega soft feather. If you really need a supportive foam pillow, bring it yourself (bc they don't have it).
- While I appreciate the "complimentary continental breakfast"...it's really underwhelming here. For $10 extra, you can get full breakfast which adds only watery eggs, potatoes and bacon sausage. Not worth it.
- Wine reception on Tues for Gold/Platinum members. They could really take this up several notches to make the frequent stayers feel at home.
One last piece of advice. Lock your hotel door when you're in your room. Specifically, know that they have a great turndown service. Let's say, maybe, you're taking a shower in your room and you've neglected to lock the door (and/or put up privacy sign). If you're in the shower, and you're startled by a noise in your room, you may step out of shower to check out said noise...and there may (just may) be a maid in the room turning down your bed. Oh my stars!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairfax at Embassy Row Hotel is a luxury accommodation in Dupont Circle by the White House, National Mall, and Lincoln Memorial. We have 259 guest roms, a grand ballroom, and several meeting rooms ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Priceline, BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Otel, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairfax At Embassy Row Hotel Washington Dc
- Westin Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Westin
- Westin Embassy Row