You added The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel to your Saves list
The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2100 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20008 (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #41 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Florencia, Colombia
“Perfect.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I went with my boyfriend and family to stay at this hotel at the end of July. The experience was amazing, the rooms are really nice, the staff, the location, everything. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
FairfaxatEmbassyRow, General Manager at The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind recommendation of The Fairfax at Embassy Row. It certainly makes us happy to hear that your group fully enjoyed themselves and that you would recommend staying at our hotel. Thank you for your great review and welcome you to come back and stay with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I come to DC for 4-5 nights nearly monthly....and used to spend a lot of time moving to get to platinum status of 25 stays....4-Points, Westin, etc...the Fairfax stopped my moving around...I liked the conceirge when he was at the Westin and now he is here...the bar tender and cocktail waitress recognize me and make me feel welcome- the lounge menu is great food and reasonable ( $12 for a burger and $10 for a wdge salad)....the neighborhood is embassy row and fantastic...3 blocks to Rock Creek Parkway for beautiful hikes....2 blocks to Dupont Circle and Kramer's Books and other local treats...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We’re delighted to hear that your experience at The Fairfax at Embassy Row has inspired you to stay with us each time you visit Washington DC. Our convenient location makes it so easy for our guests to make the most out of their visits and we’re thrilled that you have found it advantageous to yours. We look forward to welcoming you back time and time again and we thank you for your kind words for our staff and dining options.
Charlottesville, Va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We checked in for a romantic stay. We faced couple small issues at check in and we had some noise neighbors. But the management was very gracious and took action upon our complaint. They moved us to an upgraded room away from the noise. They also made arrangements for us to experience a true memorable stay on the next night. I am a world traveler and I understand that issues will arise, but how management responds is what makes the difference. I am so glad that they made the right call. The Front office manager was very gracious and we had a very enjoyable second night.
I totally recomend the Fairfax hotel if you are looking for a special hotel near the DuPont circle.

FairfaxatEmbassyRow, General Manager at The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
It is always our goal to provide the utmost in care to our guests and when circumstances arise that need our attention it becomes our priority to ensure that our guests are fully satisfied. Thank you for reaching out to us and allowing us to create the most memorable stay for you. We thank you for your kind recommendation and review of The Fairfax at Embassy Row and we look forward to welcoming you back again and again.
Vantaa, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Wow!

This was really a superb experience! I have traveled quite a lot around the world (business and pleasure) and seldom have I seen this good a combination of friendly and efficient service, wonderfully clean and comfortable rooms and a perfect price/quality combination.

The location is great. Two blocks to metro station. The area is very safe, clean and wealthy looking. You can choose wheather to walk downtown or take a metro train.

To be honest, I was expecting for a standard hotel experience but we got much more. My family (2 adults, 3 almost adult teenagers) was greeted superfriendly upon arrival by the bellboy, frontdesk and concierge. The rooms were very good, clean, classy, air condition good, bathroom good. Roomservice very friendly. Breakfast was pricy but tasty.

Somehow every little bit seemed to be a little bit better here than in this hotel than elsewhere. If I would compare this experience to a car - smooth and enjoyable driving : )

P.S. The gym was small but many times better than the ones you often see - cold towels and cold water!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We can honestly say that we’ve never been compared to an automobile before, but we truly enjoyed your analogy. Thank you for sharing your creative perspective and for noticing the little details that make The Fairfax at Embassy Row a wonderful place to stay. Feedback such as yours is a great compliment and we thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and appreciation for our hotel. We look forward to having your family stay with us again soon.
Portland, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

To be fair, I landed here because of an online travel deal. I have no choice. My company squeezes me hard on every expense.

So, right there, I've learned I am not in the target demographic of this hotel. This hotel wants luxury travelers, or executives with free flowing expenses, and I am just the dude who earns the money they spend on a place like this.

The good: clean, good location, expensive but reasonably good wi-fi.

The not-good: as a "travel deal" customer, my first room literally had the garbage dumpsters just outside the window, on the 2nd Floor (along with the conference rooms, the offices, etc.). After swatting the flea on my hand, I went to the desk, and was moved to another floor (albeit in what the fire map assured me was still the smallest room on the floor).

The maid service was as indifferent as I've encountered in 15 years of business travel.

So be it, you get what you pay for. I got a "deal" when I booked my travel, and they made sure I knew it.

My advice: don't think this place doesn't know they gave you a deal, if that's why you're here. I got the tiny room (despite being here mid-week ... "as if" they're full), indifferent service, and $13 extra per day for pokey but serviceable internet access.

Meh. It's a bed.

Room Tip: Stay off the 2nd Floor, and know the condition of your room is hostage to your daily tip.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
FairfaxatEmbassyRow, General Manager at The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
First and foremost, we would like you to know that regardless of how your room was booked, we strive to provide the most respectful and courteous service to each and every guest that stays with us. Secondly, our hotel adheres to strict standards and has had no reports of insects, continuing with our pristine inspection status. We take all reports very seriously and would immediately address a situation should it arise. We do apologize that your stay did not match the exceptional experience we wish for every one of our guests and we hope to be able to welcome you back to re-gain your trust in the future. Thank you for your review.
Muscat, Oman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This hotel is in a great location to see all the DC attractions, I think they must give their staff happy pills because these people are unconditionally pleasant ALL the time. From the assistant front desk manager Julie to the unbelievable Concierge Elizabeth you cannot beat this staff. The hotel is decorated fantastically, the rooms are huge, everything works. The location is great for local restaurants and a nice 30 minute walk to everything. The only thing I would make the manager aware of is the weekend staff in the bar are a noticeable step down in patience and interest, I went in at 11:40 for a nightcap and while speaking to a handicapped gentlemen we were told quite rudely to leave the bar is closing. I experienced another late night drink during the week with Eduardo and he was funny, patient and kind while achieving the same result. All over FANTASTIC team

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We’re delighted to hear that our staff conveys their enjoyment and love of their jobs through the service they provide for our guests. Your kind acknowledgement of their efforts is sincerely appreciated and we will be sure to share your comments with them. We do apologize that your experience was dampened a bit by one negative encounter and we will investigate as to why this happened. Thank you for sharing your review with us and we look forward to having you stay at The Fairfax at Embassy Row in the future.
Sheboygan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were pleased with this hotel. The location can mot be beat, easy walking distance to shops and restaurants. The staff was very helpful. Richard Simon was always our valet and always got our car quickly and with a smile. The restaurant that they have on the property 2100 Prime was OK. The appetizer was great, the main courses were a little bland, but the dessert was good. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking a moment to comment on your recent stay at The Fairfax at Embassy Row. We’re pleased to hear that not only our convenient location, but our staff and dining options added value to your stay. We appreciate your candor when it comes to describing your meals and we will discuss your comments with our Chef. Thank you for your review and we can’t wait to welcome you back.

Been to The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel

Address: 2100 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20008
#21 Luxury Hotel in Washington DC
#27 Business Hotel in Washington DC
#31 Family Hotel in Washington DC
#36 Romantic Hotel in Washington DC
Hotel Class:4.5 star — The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel 4.5*
The Fairfax at Embassy Row Hotel is a luxury accommodation in Dupont Circle by the White House, National Mall, and Lincoln Memorial. We have 259 guest roms, a grand ballroom, and several meeting rooms ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Starwood, getaroom.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Fairfax At Embassy Row Hotel Washington Dc
Westin Washington Dc
Washington Dc Westin
Westin Embassy Row

If you own or manage The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.