Surprisingly this hotel is in SPG's "luxury" category- which , from the décor I wouldn’t say it was.
That said, I have more positive to say about the hotel than detracting.
Myself and fiance stayed here for 4 days, 3 nights in June.
Let me start with the positives: GREAT location such much to do and see in the Dupont circle area which is an amazing place for dining options. GREAT staff.
The reception staff was efficient and genuinely warm and courteous. We had our room keys in less than 3 minutes I think. The bell staff was always ready with a smile and umbrella when the weather got tricky. Transport was quick and easy to come by.
The gym is fairly good if not a little tight with only one small area with weights leaving the rest of the footage to cardio machines mostly. We used this 3 times in 4 days and it was always clean, with cold towels, and stocked water.
Room service was pretty prompt, though on our first night they did not have the wine we ordered they brought a better comp without charging. The soup was forgotten, and this was brought promptly with no charge.
The quality of the food was very good.
Other calls to the guest services were also promptly attended to and with a smile. We felt very welcome. The do-not disturb sign was taken seriously and our room was quite and far from the elevator.
The property has stairs that can be used to go from floor to floor which I like, because I dislike waiting for an elevator.
The overall décor of the place is moody/brash with poor lighting in the rooms and dingy carpet. Bathroom was cramped for two people and we were staying in a suite.
So overall, while we enjoyed the location and the staff, the room itself was not one we wanted to lounge around in when the weather was bad, ie, not cheerful or romantic.
If you got a good price and the local is more important to you than décor, this is a good stop.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairfax At Embassy Row Hotel
- The Fairfax At Embassy Row Hotel Washington Dc
- Westin Washington Dc
- The Fairfax
- Washington Dc Westin
- Westin Embassy Row
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairfax at Embassy Row Hotel is a luxury accommodation in Dupont Circle by the White House, National Mall, and Lincoln Memorial. We have 259 guest roms, a grand ballroom, and several meeting rooms ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Amex, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Starwood, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Olotels, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.