“Great location, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel

You added The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel to your Saves list
The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2100 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20008 (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #29 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Bayonne, New Jersey
“Great location, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed her for almost a week and found the location to be close to restaurants and the metro station. The hotel itself is a bit dated and the platinum perks are a bit antiquated. There is no club level room or free drink perks ect offered at check in for SPG Platinum members. A regular upgraded room is just slightly bigger than a regular room. I requested a better room after the third night stay and was upgraded to a Jr. suite. The suite had a separate living room but a single vanity. The wifi is free and there is a self catering business center. The Concierge is very knowledgeable and friendly. In fact, so is the rest of the staff that we encountered. This hotel stay didn't really remind me of other luxury collection I have stayed at overseas but I understand that the expectations are a bit different in the USA. Overall it was a moderately priced hotel for DC and I enjoyed my stay. The beds are fantastic and you will sleep like a champ.

Room Tip: Make sure to get the best upgrade possible for more room and comfort.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We just got back from our first trip to DC and the entire family loved staying at the Fairfax. I was concerned that the younger kids might not fit in at what seemed like a more business oriented hotel but, that wasn't the case at all. The rooms were great and the beds extremely comfortable. It was the customer service though that made the experience. Every employee that we interacted with made us all feel special. The concierge we worked with the most....Quatina....really stood out though for truly exceptional service. She helped us plan every detail, recommended perfect restaurants and helped us navigate around the city on the Metro. This hotel might cost a bit more than another you are considering but if you value customer service...and need the help of the Concierge.....the Fairfax is worth it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
FairfaxatEmbassyRow, General Manager at The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
We love families at The Fairfax at Embassy Row and we’re very pleased that you and yours had such a memorable experience while here. Thank you for taking the time to specifically mention members of our dedicated staff that impressed you with their service. We appreciate your gracious review and look forward to welcoming all of you back for another exceptional stay very soon. Thank you for your review.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Really enjoyed our visit at this hotel. Ideally located at Dupont Circle, a couple of blocks from the Metro and also close to the share bikes. We found plenty of resturants nearby -- need to try Larry's Ice Cream. The room was spacious and clean, very nice shower with a temperature gauge.
Very comfortable bed -- firm not saggy like most hotel beds.

The front desk staff and the concierge were very helpful and friendly. Will visit here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
What a wonderful compliment it is to learn that you will stay with us again at The Fairfax at Embassy Row on your next visit to the area. It sounds like you had a wonderful time taking in all the sights and were able to return and get a comfortable night’s rest in our Signature Bed. Thank you for your kind compliment for our staff and we can’t wait to welcome you back in the future. Thank you for your review.
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My family and I were in DC for a brief visit recently and were fortunate to have stayed at The Fairfax. We had read wonderful reviews online before selecting our hotel and I'm happy to say that our stay exceeded our expectations. Not only was the facility comfortable and lovely, but it was centrally situated and beautifully located. Perhaps what made our stay most special was the attentive care given to our family by concierge, Peter Gill. He quickly figured out what would appeal to our various needs and in short order made recommendations for museums, activities and restaurants that were perfect for us. The best thing is, I noticed that he advised other guests just as attentively. Right before we said our good byes to the staff at the hotel, Peter said to let him know when we'd be back--we plan to!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
It makes us very happy to learn that the interactions with our staff added such enjoyment to your stay at The Fairfax at Embassy Row. Our staff strives to accommodate our guests at every turn and your gracious acknowledgement of their efforts will make their day. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and thank you for your great review.
Glendale, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I've stayed at a few Starwood Luxury Collection hotels and they are usually lovely with a high standard of service. When looking for a hotel in DC this was one of the only ones available at the time for under $300 which I did find curious.

The good:
Great location near shops, restaurants and the Metro. Comfortable bedding with great sheets. The gentlemen that work the valet area are all very helpful and kind.

The not so great
The common areas where you get of the elevators all have a really off putting smell. Our first room had obviously been "deodorized" from the previous guest/guests smoking so it smelled like Febreze plus old smoke. I called the front desk and they offered to move us which was good. Bellman arrived with new keys, we headed off to new room only to find that room was obviously a downgrade - no tub, no sofa, much smaller than previous room. If you give me a room that is unacceptable (smoke) then make sure you move me to an equivalent or upgraded room. Since we would only be there to sleep we accepted the new room.
Our room had 1 plug available to us at the desk (none by the bed) - in this age of iphones/ipads/laptops that's just crazy.
Both mornings housekeeping attempted to enter our room at 8am.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us in regard to your experience at our hotel. It concerns us greatly to hear that your accommodations did not meet your expectations, especially since our property is a 100% smoke free facility. We do apologize for any inconveniences that occurred due to your room change and we will share your comments with all departments in the hopes of pre-empting any further situations such as this. Thank you for review and we hope to be able to fully impress you with a future visit to The Fairfax at Embassy Row.
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I wish I could do 3 1/2 stars on this one, but the service and location were so good I will give them the bump up instead of down. I liked being among the embassies, it was awesome to see all of the architecture and it was easy walking distance to some of the big sites and awesome restaurants. The service was also very good, every single employee I came across was very nice and welcoming. The hotel does feel like old luxury, but the key word is old. In my room the furniture was worn and stained, except for the bed, which was pretty comfortable. My room was very small, the bathroom was a decent size, but I had a very unfortunately placed window in my bathroom with no more than a sheer shade on it! Call me a prude, but I didn't want the people on the opposite side of the hotel seeing all of my business, so I tried to rig a towel to cover it without much success. I asked a few of my coworkers if they had similar windows, but it sounds like it was just me. I can't exactly remember the room number but I think it was 412 or 414. The only other gripe I have is that you have to place an order to get bottled water, which of course involves a service charge on top of the already expensive water. I just ended up walking to Starbucks at the end of the block for water. If I was paying with my own dime I think I would go for one of the more modern hotels in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for mentioning the convenient location of The Fairfax at Embassy Row. While we’re very happy to learn that you were able to explore the area a bit and that your stay was made enjoyable by the services interactions you had with our staff, we are disappointed that your accommodations did not fully meet your expectations. We will have our Housekeeping staff look into adjusting the privacy levels within the bathroom in your room and we appreciate you letting us know about this issue. Additionally, all of our guest rooms come with two bottles of complimentary water, which we replace daily. We would hope to be able to welcome you back and have the change to fully impress you with everything we have to offer. Thank you for your review.
Cumberland, Rhode Island, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My son and I were in DC for a few days for a get away and I am very happy we chose this hotel. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean but a little small. The location is great, it's near many restaurants and the Metro which is very easy to navigate. The hotel staff were genuinely friendly and made us feel welcome. I would definitely recommend staying here if you want somewhere to eat and sleep. It doesn't have a whole lot for kids to do, but I really didn't want to spend my vacation sitting by a hotel pool anyway.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the outside of the building, otherwise you will be just looking at the inside of th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We are so glad that The Fairfax at Embassy Row was part of an enjoyable weekend for you and your son and that you had the opportunity to explore our wonderful location. There are so many interesting and educational places to visit in the Dupont Circle area, and our convenient location makes it easy to get to each and every one of them with ease. Thank you for your kind review and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back very soon.

Been to The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel

Address: 2100 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20008
#19 Luxury Hotel in Washington DC
#22 Family Hotel in Washington DC
#27 Business Hotel in Washington DC
#31 Romantic Hotel in Washington DC
Hotel Class:4.5 star — The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel 4.5*
The Fairfax at Embassy Row Hotel is a luxury accommodation in Dupont Circle by the White House, National Mall, and Lincoln Memorial. We have 259 guest roms, a grand ballroom, and several meeting rooms ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Starwood, Orbitz, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Fairfax At Embassy Row Hotel Washington Dc
Westin Washington Dc
Washington Dc Westin
Westin Embassy Row

If you own or manage The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.