I stayed here for a few nights for business. The check-in was ok - I note the clerk wasn't all that friendly but I talked to another clerk the next day and she was great - very friendly and courteous.
Positives: The room was very charming - the rooms were as depicted in the hotel's photos. The thermostat worked very well and was very quiet. The bathroom came with a shower/tub combo; it was roomy and equipped with higher-end products. The room also has flat screen tv, nice fluffy towels, robe, firm mattress and fairly firm down pillows, as well as nicer sheets. The hotel had two sets of elevators and I never had problems getting down to the lobby. Very friendly doormen and room service attendant who showed up promptly with my pre-ordered breakfast nearly every day (except the last day - a different attendant) on time. Also, the location is fantastic - only a block from the DuPont Circle metro station, a 24 hour CVS, local bars (Hotel Palomar has fantastic bar/restaurant and is just behind Fairfax), restaurants, and an easy walk to central DC areas.
Some room for improvement: I had asked for a quiet room and was placed on the third floor in a room that faced the building next door that was just a few feet away. I had to keep the curtains drawn all the time as people in the next building could see straight into my room. This wasn't a problem for me, as I was away most of the day and only used my room to sleep in. Also, you could hear the traffic noise (mainly when a bus went by) but it didn't really bother me and the area is so quiet anyway at night that noise was not a problem.
The room service was quite adequate for most of my stay (I only had breakfast ordered in so I can't comment on the quality of other food). The only problem was that on the last day, the maid had forgotten to leave the pre-order menu in the room, so I had to call for my breakfast and it took them an hour to get it to me, unlike the prior days. A minor annoyance and fortunately didn't interrupt my schedule but annoying nevertheless.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairfax At Embassy Row Hotel Washington Dc
- The Fairfax At Embassy Row Hotel
- Westin Washington Dc
- The Fairfax
- Washington Dc Westin
- Westin Embassy Row
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairfax at Embassy Row Hotel is a luxury accommodation in Dupont Circle by the White House, National Mall, and Lincoln Memorial. We have 259 guest roms, a grand ballroom, and several meeting rooms ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Starwood, Priceline, BookIt.com and Venere so you can book your The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.