You added The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel to your Saves list
The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2100 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20008 (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #34 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have been staying at the Fairfax for years. I consider it my home when I am in Washington. The property is aging but elegant. Accomodations are very comfortable, and food is excellent. The bar is cozy and inviting. But the best part of this hotel is the staff. The staff have been with them for years, some for decades, and they go out of their way to make one feel welcome and valued as a client. After several years away, when I pulled up in front of the hotel, the bellman said, "I thought you had a red car." He was correct. The last time I had stayed there I did indeed have a red car. I was amazed that he remembered.

Compared to other luxury hotels in DC, the price is reasonable as well.

The location of the property is excellent. It is a wonderful neighborhood for a walk, and the hotel is very close to the Philips Collection.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
FairfaxatEmbassyRow, General Manager at The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
We can’t thank you enough for your continued loyalty to The Fairfax at Embassy Row and for your kind recommendation to others. It’s wonderful that you feel right at home when staying with us and it has certainly been our pleasure to welcome you as a guest. We look forward to your next visit with us and we hope it’s very soon. Thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Turkish first
Pacific Northwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at the Fairfax for two nights. The staff was very friendly and helpful, first rate service. When my original room only had a shower, they happily moved me to another room with a bathtub. There was some sort of temperature governor on the faucet that was set too low, so a repairman was sent up to fix the problem within 5 minutes of my complaint.
The lounge bar was remarkable for several reasons. First, it is lovely and clubby with nice wi-fi. The lunch special included the best tomato soup I've ever had. Tea is served correctly, in a pot, with a cup and saucer, fitting the sort of British riding/sailing club mood. I was working so the waiter moved the table around so that I had enough room to spread out and work. Very attentive service.
The bar had very helpful and fun staff who took obvious pride in their work, refusing to use bottled lime juice for the best whiskey sour I've ever had--fresh lime only.
I didn't eat in the restaurant, the once the famous Jockey Club, but the fabulous grand marnier souffle can be enjoyed in the bar. The bartenders were kind enough to rush my souffle order in to make it before closing. The souffle is the best anywhere, and I'm told the same person has been in charge if these works of art for 30+ years. Ditto for the person assigned to the steak tartare. I didn't try the steak but it will be the first thing I try on my next visit. The folks making these dishes are a national treasure. The scene, mood and the style is all Mad Men, for real.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor have showers, no bathtub. Fitness room was very nice.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Well, we’ve never been compared to the stylized scenarios depicted on Mad Men before! Your review was refreshing and fun to read and we thank you for letting us know how happy you were with your stay at The Fairfax at Embassy Row. Our dedicated staff works very hard to ensure each and every guest’s needs are met and that you leave here fully satisfied with your experience. It seems we met that goal with you and we thank you for letting us know. We hope you are able to join us again in the future and thank you again for your review.
Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The hotel staff were very friendly, and the location near Dupont Circle was excellent. I'd give it 4.5 if I could.
I had a room facing the street, 2nd floor, and had no trouble sleeping with the window open. The rooms were of decent size - only thing I missed was a bathtub rather than just a gigantic shower. :)
Possible minuses for some:
Very expensive bar, as well as breakfast ($24, before tips).
No seating section in lobby.
You have to pay for wifi (or use the free wifi in the lobby).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your recent stay at The Fairfax at Embassy Row. We do appreciate hearing that our staff provided excellent service and that you enjoyed a restful night’s sleep. Please don’t hesitate in the future to let us know of your preferences so that we may provide you with the accommodations that best suit your needs. Please accept our apologies that your stay was not everything that you had anticipated and we would hope to be able to welcome you back for the exceptional stay that you deserve. Thank you for your review.
Plainview
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The service people were terrific...the room was comfortable,clean,with magnificent paintings of DC...the bar is comforting,room service is right on the food was great...the location can't be beat...and the price was right....

Room Tip: I would think any room is a good room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
It is always our goal to provide our guests with an experience that is second-to-none and it seems we accomplished that during your recent stay. Thank you for your gracious compliments of our staff, accommodations and decor. We will be sure to let them know how much you enjoyed your experience. It would be our pleasure to welcome back to The Fairfax at Embassy Row very soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night on a short business trip. The location couldn't have been more convenient: about 15 minutes from Regan National, 1.5 blocks from the Metro, on the very charming Embassy row, steps away from Dupont Circle. From the check-in, every single staff member was courteous and helpful. I stayed in a superior room on the 5th floor. Although there was no view, it was quiet, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was modern. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
FairfaxatEmbassyRow, General Manager at The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
It's wonderful to hear when a guest appreciates the charm of the area that surrounds The Fairfax at Embassy Row and its convenience to the rest of Washington, DC. We can't thank you enough for your kind words regarding your stay and for your compliments for our staff. Thank you so much for your recommendation and the great review. We look forward to your next visit and hope that it's soon.
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a conference that was at the Hilton. Walking distance to the Hilton. Superior king room was nice but on the smaller side. Very clean. Very comfy beds. Great bathroom! Room service was very helpful with an "order ahead" breakfast option. No noise at all. Only issues were one that this was an older hotel, and so there wifts of mildew. I think my allergies did not take so well to that. Also, it was very warm in our room and our temperature gauge could not do much about it. Hotel staff took a look at it while I was at the conference, but the issue was never resolved. Perhaps it is not something that they have control over, being an older hotel. Overall I really enjoyed my stay though.

• Stayed November 2012
It was great to welcome you to The Fairfax at Embassy Row during your recent conference. Please accept our apologies regarding any difficulties you may have experienced and we are working on addressing your concerns. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed a restful night's sleep and took advantage of our convenient room service during your stay. The pleasure would be all ours to welcome you back for another great stay in the future and we thank you for your review.
Long Beach Island, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We spent the weekend @ this lovely hotel. Steps away from Dupont Circle and the Metro. Lots of places to eat nearby. The room was very small but well equipped. Not much of a view. We were very busy and did not spend too much time in our room so that was good. Very helpful staff. A very enjoyable stay. We would return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Fairfax at Embassy Row with us. With all the area has to offer, we're thrilled that your weekend included a chance to explore and enjoy the wonderful eateries surrounding our hotel. We're looking forward to your return visit and we thank you for your kind review.

Been to The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel

Address: 2100 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20008
#22 Luxury Hotel in Washington DC
#22 Family Hotel in Washington DC
#31 Business Hotel in Washington DC
#32 Romantic Hotel in Washington DC
Hotel Class:4.5 star — The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel 4.5*
The Fairfax at Embassy Row Hotel is a luxury accommodation in Dupont Circle by the White House, National Mall, and Lincoln Memorial. We have 259 guest roms, a grand ballroom, and several meeting rooms ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Starwood, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Fairfax At Embassy Row Hotel Washington Dc
Westin Washington Dc
Washington Dc Westin
Westin Embassy Row

If you own or manage The Fairfax at Embassy Row, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.