We just returned from our mini getaway in Washington DC and were so pleased with our experience at the LM. The hotel shines with cleanliness and care. From the moment we arrived, the staff made certain everything went exactly as we hoped it would.
The rooms are very comfortable, updated and well appointed. Everything you need including mini bar, iphone ready alarm clock. Beds, extremely comfortable.
During our stay we took advantage of using the complimentary FIAT rides to get us to some of our destinations. This was a partnership between Loews and FIAT to offer a free (NO HASSLE) courtesy ride within a certain radius of the hotel...what a great way to get a free ride and check out the car. We used it twice and many thanks to Brandon our driver and Kalib who coordinated our times.
I would highly recommend this hotel as it was central to everything we wanted to see and well within walking distance of most of the sites (10 mins from The White House).
Just a note for travelers coming in from Dulles Int. Airport. I recommend the following method of travel...catch the Washington Flyer (Door 4 Arrivals)...pay $10 and it will take you to the West Falls Metro Station. Depending on time of arrival (during peak hours it costs a little more to take the Metro), you simply take the Orange Line to McPherson Station. Go up to street level and the Loews Madison is less than a 5 min walk north (on the east side). Could not be more simple and I believe its the cheapest way. From Dulles it took us about an hour and a bit.
BTW...almost everything we did was free. I was expecting to pay to get into some of the monuments/sites but all Smithsonian Museums, the Zoo, Arlington etc were all free. Great family getaway for those on a budget.
Hope this helps...good place for sure and we will be back with friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Become a part of history when you stay at Loews Madison Hotel. Located in the heart of downtown Washington D.C., Our hotel has been honored to host distinguished guests including Elizabeth Taylor and John F. Kennedy. Our unmatched dedication to service has made us the first choice for political and social leaders, global travelers and families seeking the cultural legacy of our nation's capital. Only a short stroll from the White House, Embassy Row, and National Mall Monuments, Loews Madison Hotel is a refreshing destination for corporate stays, relaxing getaways and unforgettable gatherings. Appointed with sophisticated furnishings, our Washington, D.C. Luxury hotel features a collection of rooms and suites with amenities fit for a president. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, Priceline, BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Loews Madison Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Madison Hotel Washington Dc
- Madison Washington Dc
- Madison Hotel Washington Dc