“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Madison Hotel

Save Saved
You added Loews Madison Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Madison Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1177 Fifteenth Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
$100 at Iron Chef Eatery
Ranked #32 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

My spouse and I stayed here the weekend of May 2-4 and had a wonderful stay. We arrived early around 11am on Friday and they were able to check us into our 6th floor deluxe king room. I was impressed they allowed early checkin and we were quite happy having had an early flight and we just wanted to nap. Our room was spacious and the king bed was really comfortable. The bathroom was a good size and had premium toilletries. The OnDemand movie selection was pretty good, though expensive ($18 for newer movies!) Depsite this, it was our weekend getaway and worth the splurge. We ordered room service one night and it was quick. Overall, we were impressed with the service at the hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
GMLoewsMadison, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Dan M,
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback from your recent stay. We were very happy to hear that you were able to check in early and start your getaway off on the right foot. It was great to read how much you enjoyed our rooms and how comfortable you found the beds. We appreciate your thoughts and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,
Justin Adam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Turkish first
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I recently went to Washington DC for a conference. The conference hotel was booked and so I booked at Loews Madison. This hotel was just better than the conference hotel according to friends that was staying at the conference hotel. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable about the surrounding area. The only knock I have would is better equipment in the fitness center is a must have.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear John B,
Thank you for your review. I’m excited you got the chance to try Loews Madison and that you enjoyed your stay during the conference. We always focus on friendly, personalized service so I’m glad you experienced this and got tips from our knowledgeable staff. Regarding our 24-hour fitness center, we are currently looking at how we can make improvements, and I appreciate you providing us with this feedback.

I hope we will get the chance to welcome you again to Loews Madison should your travels bring you back to Washington, DC.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

In town for one night only, one night only and had some points to burn so I chose this hotel. To keep it short and sweet the service and hotel rooms were nice. The bed was nice, comfy and I got some good sleep. I did not get a chance to have breakfast and try room service or test out the gym. I did have a drink and food at the bar and juan took great care of me. Only problem that sticks out is that when we pulled up to check in the door guys didn't ask did we need help nor say anything to us! We were the only people out front. They were too busy talking! Get it together guys! If I had paid money this would have been a problem.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Playerham42,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I’m pleased you found our hotel and overall service nice and enjoyed a comfortable night’s sleep. Although your trip was too short to try all our offerings, I’m glad you enjoyed the food and drink at our PostScript restaurant and bar. I want to apologize for the lapse in service at your arrival and any inconvenience this caused you. It’s our priority to provide welcoming service from the very first moment, to the last, and I have discussed your concerns with my team to ensure top notch service is always delivered. Thank you for providing us with feedback – it’s critical to ensure we’re exceeding our guests’ expectations.

Thank you for choosing Loews Madison. I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back, anytime you travel to DC. Coming in Summer 2014, we’re excited to open a new restaurant by Iron Chef Jose Garces, so perhaps you will get the chance to check it out.

Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

The service of the hotel was great and very attentive to our need. We were early to check in so they allowed us to use the large bathrooms in the fitness centre to freshen up after our flight and stored our luggage for us. Rooms facing the street are a little bit nosy, I would try to get a room on the other side. Also, the concierge is very helpful. However, I would not use the Bus tour they recommend, called Big Bus. I would do the Trolley tour instead.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear fashionfinds,
Thank you for your review. I’m glad to learn you experienced great, attentive service - something that is always our focus! We’re eager to accommodate guests in any way we can and realize early arrivals happen, so I’m glad it worked out for you to be able to freshen up in our fitness center restrooms.

I’m excited you had the opportunity to meet our vibrant, knowledgeable concierge team. They know the city very well and make a number of different recommendations based on guests’ preferences. Thanks for adding your tip for other travelers. Regarding room choice, in any urban setting, street-facing rooms can experience some city noise, although we’re pleased by the positive guest rooms feedback we frequently receive.

Thank you very much for choosing Loews Madison! I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back anytime you visit DC.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. We booked the room about 3 months in advance and requested two travel cots as we were travelling with our 20 month old twins. Central reservations confirmed our request and said that they will give us a king room to accommodate the cots better.

After a long flight from the UK, we arrived at the hotel at 3pm. The receptionist wasn't really helpful and gave us the keys without explaining where the elevator or room were. We arrived to the room to see just one cot. We called them and they said that they will bring another one. Well, it took them more than 5 hours!, which is not ideal when you have two babies really tired after a long trip. Apparently it was a very busy weekend but I believe they should have bear in mind that I made the request 3 months in advance!

The room service was awful, the kids menu is full of salt, which is really surprising. The door men were really unhelpful. On our last day it was raining a lot, we have several suitcases, and the two babies and none of them helped us, they seemed to be more worried about talking to each other or being on the phone.

I will never come back to this hotel when back in Washington.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear Gepmo,
Thank you for letting us know your feedback – it was disappointing to read your comments and certainly not reflective of typical guest feedback for our property. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences during your visit. As a parent, I can certainly understand your frustrations and want you to know that I have personally discussed your experience with my leadership team, including our chef, so we make the corrective actions to ensure top-notch service and food is delivered. Our focus is always to be helpful, friendly and prompt so our guests leave our property with a desire to return. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please feel free to contact me at (202) 587-2660. I can assure you your experience is not typical of our hotel, and I hope you will reconsider visiting us in the future.

Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I stayed in this hotel in April 2014. Unfortunately, I got ill as I arrived there. The hotel staff were amazing! They called a doctor, who arrived within an hour; he was very good. They served meals promptly in my room, and brought me all I needed. Every morning the concierge would call me to inquire how I was and if I needed something. They were extremely kind and helpful.
It is not nice to be ill when travelling, but the hotel staff made me feel protected. I am very grateful
The rest was all nice, good food, pleasant room, etc

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear StephanyJ_12,
Thank you very much for taking time to review your experience. I’m sorry to hear you fell ill while traveling but am so pleased by how well our Loews Madison team took care of you. You’re right, being sick during travel is extra unpleasant – I know our staff understands that, and it sounds like their genuine care and concern was very evident. I’m glad we could quickly get a doctor for you and attend to all your needs promptly. I hope our staff’s kind attitudes helped you through the situation, and you were on the mend quickly.

Now, it sounds like another trip to DC is in order! I hope we will have the chance to welcome you again to Loews Madison and pamper you. Thanks again for the kind words and feedback.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I had to spend a few days down in DC for work and then for personal reasons. I feel terrible that I don't remember the name of the agent that checked me in but she was UBELIEVABLELY warm and welcoming! The doormen were always good for a warm "hello" and "have a great day" when flying in out and out of the hotel all day for meetings. The rooms are really spacious, calming and wonderfully comfortable. Since I am a gadget geek I appreciated outlets at every turn!

If you are ever craving a good soup and sandwich don't forget to order the Roast Pork Sandwich from In-Room Dining!

Worth the extra $$$ every time, trust me, you will see the value!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear nycnrf00,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your kinds words about our team and the overall comfortable environment we work hard to create. I’m delighted to hear our staff made a great impression. We’re fortunate to have passionate team members, from the doormen, to our welcoming front desk crew to concierge, housekeeping, and beyond.

Thanks for pointing out the little touches, like outlets throughout guest rooms for your convenience. We strive for our rooms to be a welcoming retreat, and I’m glad you felt this way.

I’ll pass on your dining kudos to our culinary team! They have added several new menu items, and our team is excitedly preparing to open a new on-property restaurant this summer 2014, an Argentinian steakhouse by Iron Chef Jose Garces!

We look forward to welcoming you back for business and pleasure, and hope to see you soon at Loews Madison!

Cheraz Ecker

Been to Loews Madison Hotel? Share your experiences!