“The best Hotel in DC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Madison Hotel

You added Loews Madison Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Madison Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1177 Fifteenth Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Sightseeing Tour
Ranked #58 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“The best Hotel in DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We are happy the the Loews Madison has been restored and operating at 100%. I was happy to see some of the wonderful hotel staff still there. Kaouthar Bouhaouala, Concierge is just amazing! She can make things happy when no one else can! She really knows the meaning of "customer service"! They will be our primary hotel when we have meetings in DC. Thank you Kaouthar for all the wonderful things you do. We love you so much. Thank you for always going above and beyond the call of duty.

Chicago Connection!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GMLoewsMadison, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Pamski921,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed the new decor and rooms as we restore the Loews Madison Hotel back to its storied reputation. We are so glad that you got the opportunity to be served by Kaouthar. She truly is a gem and one who really is the epitome of guest service. We look forward to welcoming you back again anytime your travels bring you to DC.

Justin Adam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
West Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Lia is a treasure when arriving at the front desk. Check in is a breeze thanks to her luminous smile that goes on for days. Naveen and Lia are exceptional managers. Everyone there is always looking for ways to make sure that your day is going just great. We had a terrace room and the view was truly wonderful. We could see the Washington Monument. Everything we wanted to do was within walking distance of the hotel. The room is as large as most small apartments is our city. When trying to get our airline all squared away the night before our flight the next day, I ran into a lot of trouble but the concierge took over an hour with me helping me get everything squared away. Without him, I would have gone crazy and given up and had to do it all at the airport the next day and been even more frustrated. I celebrated my birthday there that Saturday night and they made me feel like a queen. The restaurant and bar staff are all very attentive and know their jobs very well. The food is excellent!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GMLoewsMadison, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear TheArdsofSC,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear how wonderful your getaway was and glad to know that our team members played a big part in creating that experience. We have already shared your kind words with Lia and Naveed and have recognized both for their exceptional service. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Loews Madison Hotel soon.

Chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I feel bad writing this review, particularly since I was working and not paying for the room. However, I did register my concerns with the front desk folks -- and they really must attend to the basic challenges that face the hotel. I thought or hoped my room would be quiet -- it was at the end of the long hallway, far from the elevator and facing the courtyard. But, to my great sadness, the air conditioning unit -- which did not really work -- was so noisy that I could not sleep. Further, when I checked in, I asked for a non smoking room -- the front desk person assured me that the whole hotel was non smoking. Well, darn, it isn't. My room stank of old wet tobacco. And, since the air conditioner did not work -- the unit was cold but no air came out -- like having a block of ice but no fan. Anyhow, the smoke smell was just overwhelming. I ended up with a bloody nose. In addition, the bed was just cheap feeling, hard and lumpy.

It is a good location and the lobby is pretty. But, the room quality was so poor because of the ventilation issues (and no, you can't open the windows), that I cannot recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get an odd numbered room. The even numbers face the courtyard which has the AC equipment and...
Dear travelarmchair,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are sorry to hear about the challenges you experienced while with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed our location and the lobby decor. We hope to have the chance to welcome you again as our guest the next time you visit Washington DC.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel and the service at the front desk is the best I have ever had (I used to work at front desk many years ago) and they were friendly and efficient. The President of Somalia was there during my stay and it did not interfere with our stay and we were not ever inconvenienced as a result. Food is average, service was super, bar was great although due to some renovations elsewhere. Sitting outside was great:). Highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear RedneckAristocrat,
Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay at the Loews Madison Hotel. We are delighted to hear how friendly and efficient you found our Front Desk team members to be. We appreciate the great feedback and are very excited to hear that you would highly recommend our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back anytime your travels bring you to the DC area.

Kind regards,
SouthGa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I spent two nights at the Loews Madison Hotel and was pleased to find it a nice Washington, DC hotel, recently refurbished and in a convenient location, not far from the White House, Convention Center and DuPont Circle area. The front desk staff was friendly, efficient and helpful, and the doormen and bellmen were always quick to hail a cab, open the door, grab a bag - very nice. My room was fairly small, inside and on a lower floor with a view of the air conditioning system, but I had booked on Hotwire so I'm sure the "full fare" customers get better views so no issue here! :-) But the room was clean and fresh, nicely decorated and very quiet (a benefit of not being on the street side). I didn't eat on-site, but the lobby bar had a nice atmosphere, and my colleagues and I enjoyed a nice after-dinner conversation over drinks there. One little complaint - the 24-hour business center is a pay-as-you-go internet connection - a disappointing trend in high end hotels these days - I mean, if the Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn can offer free internet in their business center, why not a luxury hotel? All in all, a very pleasant experience and a nice choice in DC.

Dear SouthGaTravelGuy,
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us. You are absolutely right about our convenient location just steps from all that DC has to offer. We appreciate the kind words about the service all of our team members provided and we are happy to know that you had a wonderful experience overall. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Elk Grove Village, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I booked a 4 night stay with Loews Madison for my mom's 83rd birthday. Tthe concierge Kaouthar and Hotel Manager, Justin found out what a special trip this was and went over and above to make sure our stay was perfect. The service and customer care was outstanding and they made us feel like royalty. The rooms are very clean and nicely decorated, beds are amazing and i have never seen such clean bathrooms before this hotel. Another plus for me was believe it or not, the elevators, We never had to wait. So many hotels have you sitting there forever trying to get an elevator and at the Madison, even during the busy hours, elevators came amazingly quickly. A nice touch in the rooms is the Kuerig coffee maker with hot tea and coffee which was especially appreciated on our return from all day sight-seeing, We saw a lot of the city and not much compared to the Loews Madison. Even when our tour guide picked us up from the hotel he said we made the right choice and that this was the best hotel in town. If you want quality, luxury, customer service and special attention to detail, this is the hotel.

Room Tip: pay a little extra for a luxury room on a high floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GMLoewsMadison, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear kimt21,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay with us. We are excited to know that we were able to make your mom feel so special for her birthday getaway. Creating memorable moments is our goal for all of our guests and it is great to hear that we were able to do that for your family. We will certainly share your kind words with our team as they work so hard every day to ensure our guests feel right at home in our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Loews Madison Hotel anytime your travels bring you to DC.

St Helens, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The Madison is a great hotel with a long standing reputation of good quality and excellent service, I was not disappointed. The hotel looks fantastic following the recent refurbishment. The rooms are decorated to a high standard and the public areas are both stylish and comfortable. The lobby bar will be closed for a little longer but please don't let this put you off as there is another bar area which is just as good. The food served in the restaurant is of extremely good quality and I would recommend it to even the most discerning diners, Especially the NY Steak Strip which is to die for!
The location is wonderful, being just a few blocks north of The White House and very easy to navigate the city from. I would like to say a big thank you to all the staff for looking after me during my stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Lesley1210,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Loews Madison Hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and found the hotel to be extremely pleasant. We appreciate that you liked our new decor and took advantage of all that our fantastic location has to offer. Our team works exceptionally hard to provide a supremely comfortable environment for all of our guests and it is great to know that was done for you. We look forward to welcoming you back any time your travels bring you to Washington DC.

Kind regards,