“Wonderful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Madison Hotel

You added Loews Madison Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Madison Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1177 Fifteenth Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
$50 Credit or Pick a Perk
Ranked #49 of 131 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersBronze level
clarkwgriswold
“Wonderful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Discovered this wonderful hotel for my son's graduation weekend. I wanted somewhere a little away from the rat race of his campus on graduation weekend where the hotels fill up quickly. The staff, from the bellhops, car valets, desk staff to housekeeping, are wonderful. The hotel is tastefully decorated, well maintained and conveniently located. The only downside to the Madison is the whopping $50 a day parking charge.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GMMadison, Hotel Manager at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Congratulations! Graduation season is a very exciting time of year and we're glad to have shared this joyous occasion with you and your family. We know overnight parking in D.C. can be costly; our parking packages may be of interest during your next stay. We thank you for your review and look forward to welcoming you back to Loews Madison Hotel soon!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Turkish first
Panama City, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

A veteran of many journeys in over 40 countries in 5 continents, I won't allow mere amenities to impress me (though the Madison excels in this respect). Simply speaking, in 5-star hotels the difference is people. I arrived at 1:00pm from Boston (with a weird LaGuardia stopover, thanks Delta!) exhausted from week-end activities that took me from UMass Amherst, through Sleepy Hollow's Cemetery Ralph Waldo Emerson tomb in Concord, to Cheers in mid-town Boston to meet with prep school buddies from years gone. Guess what? Check-in's at 4pm and the hotel was packed. The Parisian recepcionist was so nice, under the circumstances... I needed to analyze my IPad's frail memory, so she informed me the whereabouts of an Apple store in nearby Georgetown, where I had my doubts cleared by a geek, while she kindly offered to store my luggage. Upon returning, looking like a sad puppy and tired as could be, the receptionist eyed me, left her work station and came over to where I was seating. She wanted me to stay at a corner room with a fantastic view but told me another room was available. I was so tired, I would have stayed at the room next to the kitchen! Voila, a simple act of kindness suffices to make the difference!!!
Of course the room is nice, I could spend several paragraphs describing the details but I´ll allow other guests to immerse into specifics. This young lady is worth her weight in diamonds. She´s the spirit of Loew´s. Bravo!!!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
We couldn’t be happier to hear about your recent stay. We will be sure to pass along your kind comments to our front desk agents. We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback and hope to see you again upon your return to the area - the pleasure was all ours!

San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed here four nights with my eight year old daughter and my mother. I was pleased with the size of the hotel and with our room. The room was lovely and clean, I prefer smaller hotels and this fit the bill. I did not care for the hotel service. It was not friendly and the porters were rather demanding in their tips. I always tip the hotel staff well but did not appreciate the bellman dumping all my luggage on me in the lobby before I checked in and then abandoning us with all of it rather than placing it on a cart to be brought up upon check in. He stood and waited for a tip as well but did not assist us further. Seemed odd. I wanted to book some different activites around town but the concergie said she was out of tickets and told me to go to a different hotel a few block away to get them. I've been to Washington D.C. many, many times and I bring different guests with me and this is the first time I've not been able to make reservations and get tickets well in advance from the concierge. The Internet in my room was not working the entire time I stayed there so I was unable to work from my room. In addition, I had to pay to use the business office they reserve for guests, even though my stay had complimentary Internet access (which did not work). I was able to make all my reservations on the Internet in the business office, but the concierge should have been able to do all of that for me and much more quickly than I as I had to look everything up. I wondered just what the concierge DID at that hotel? It really annoyed me that she was unable to assist me at all with any of our D.C. plans. She was rude to boot. We ate numerous times at the hotel restaurant and, although a bit pricey, the food was good. The wait staff was a bit of a mixed bag. Some of the waiters were very friendly and quite good but others were slow and the service poor. The hostess seemed pre-occupied and not friendly or efficient. If I'd had better service (bell staff, concierge, front desk), I'd have given this hotel four stars. I expected far more in the way of customer service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
We apologize for the less than satisfactory service you received during your recent stay. We strive to make each stay as comfortable and stress-free as possible and we regret to hear about the various inconveniences you experienced. Our concierge is generally able to book tickets in advance and we have taken note of your comments. Our Wi-Fi is currently in the process of being upgraded to prevent these types of issues from happening in the future. We thank you for your feedback and have shared your review with our team.

Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights in May 2013. As this was the last stop in a USA holiday, it's easy to compare with the previous five hotel stays; this was definitely the worst. The room (a "Deluxe two adults" room) was the smallest we had stayed in, with not even enough room to place 2 suitcases on the floor, without having to step over one of them!! To prepare the beds, we ended up with 6 pillows and a quilt thrown onto the already minimum floor space available!

The air conditioner had to be turned off over night, as it was extremely noisy every time it came on. The bathroom was adequate, but again, on the small side.

We were in a tour group for 2 of the 4 days, and the breakfast arrangements were a mess on the first day; excessive wait period for a table, and when we were placed under a cold air conditioning outlet, and asked to be seated elsewhere, we were told we would have to go out to the waiting area once again, and wait until another table became available!! I think the person in charge here failed "customer service 101".
While the hotel might be in a good location, I was surprised that reception used this as the rationale for the room being so small, indicating that there were other rooms in the hotel even smaller than ours!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Smart sort of place on a quite corner but very central. Keys don't work and though this was well known to staff it seemed to be my problem, otherwise service good, except in restaurant at breakfast which was fussy and intrusive. All bedroom doors slammed without any though given to soundproofing the frames, so it was Very noisy at night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

For the most part the room was clean, except the blinds need dusting. The bathroom was nice and the room was quiet. I didn't hear any of the other guests. The doormen were very nice, especially Romeo. He was very attentive and genuinely seemed happy. I ate at the restaurant downstairs, which was a little overpriced, but the food was very good and just what I needed. I would eat there again. There is a Caribou Coffee house directly across the street, which is where I had breakfast every morning. I had a breakfast and coffee for approximately $5.00. This hotel was in a great location. Taxi fare to the Department of Justice ranged from $7 - $11. Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed here on 4/11 for a business trip. The hotel itself was very nice with several dining options. We ate both breakfast and lunch here and both meals were above average. The only issue that I did have during my stay was when I checked out, I left my suit jacket, cufflinks and tie in the room. I did not realize this until 2 days later when I was checking out of the Westin in Georgetown where I extended my buisness trip into a pleasure visit. Upon realizing my error, I placed a call to the Loews and asked if I can swing by to pick up my jacket, assuming it would be in the lost and found. I was told that the lost and found was closed for the weekend and they would not be able to accomodate or even check to see if my items were indeed recovered. Oh well. I then called the very next day first thing in the AM. I received a call back at 5:30 PM from a nice young lady who took my info and informed me that she would check the room because nothing fitting that description had been turned in. She called me back the next day at 6 PM and informed me that nothing had been found, however she would keep searching and call me if anything showed up. It has been 1 month and nothing. Oh well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We're very sorry to hear about your missing suit jacket. We do collect all items found in our guest rooms so we can return them as promptly as possible. Having re-confirmed with our team, a jacket was never found in your room and we apologize for the lack of communication surrounding the issue. We thank you for your feedback and will use your comments to further improve our Lost & Found services.

Hotel Manager

Been to Loews Madison Hotel? Share your experiences!