A veteran of many journeys in over 40 countries in 5 continents, I won't allow mere amenities to impress me (though the Madison excels in this respect). Simply speaking, in 5-star hotels the difference is people. I arrived at 1:00pm from Boston (with a weird LaGuardia stopover, thanks Delta!) exhausted from week-end activities that took me from UMass Amherst, through Sleepy Hollow's Cemetery Ralph Waldo Emerson tomb in Concord, to Cheers in mid-town Boston to meet with prep school buddies from years gone. Guess what? Check-in's at 4pm and the hotel was packed. The Parisian recepcionist was so nice, under the circumstances... I needed to analyze my IPad's frail memory, so she informed me the whereabouts of an Apple store in nearby Georgetown, where I had my doubts cleared by a geek, while she kindly offered to store my luggage. Upon returning, looking like a sad puppy and tired as could be, the receptionist eyed me, left her work station and came over to where I was seating. She wanted me to stay at a corner room with a fantastic view but told me another room was available. I was so tired, I would have stayed at the room next to the kitchen! Voila, a simple act of kindness suffices to make the difference!!!
Of course the room is nice, I could spend several paragraphs describing the details but I´ll allow other guests to immerse into specifics. This young lady is worth her weight in diamonds. She´s the spirit of Loew´s. Bravo!!!
- Also Known As:
- The Madison Hotel Washington Dc
- The Madison Hotel
- Madison Washington Dc
- Madison Hotel Washington Dc
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Become a part of history when you stay at Loews Madison Hotel. Located in the heart of downtown Washington D.C., Our hotel has been honored to host distinguished guests including Elizabeth Taylor and John F. Kennedy. Our unmatched dedication to service has made us the first choice for political and social leaders, global travelers and families seeking the cultural legacy of our nation's capital. Only a short stroll from the White House, Embassy Row, and National Mall Monuments, Loews Madison Hotel is a refreshing destination for corporate stays, relaxing getaways and unforgettable gatherings. Appointed with sophisticated furnishings, our Washington, D.C. Luxury hotel features a collection of rooms and suites with amenities fit for a president. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Amex, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Otel, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Venere, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Loews Madison Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.