First visit to Washington. Hotel is centrally located 3 blocks from the White House virtually opposite the Washington Post office.
Taxi was £40 from the airport. Reception staff appeared to be multi lingual. Quick and efficient check in. Nice room with 2 very comfortable double beds. About 10 pillows per bed!! Room was modern and well cleaned. Downside was a bit erratic air conditioning, but we were doing that much walking each day did not really notice it too much.
Very expensive minibar, over 200 dollars for half bottle of spirits is excessive, one would imagine catering for the business man, not your typical tourist. Ice is free of charge via room service which can be a pain.
There is not a vast choice of bars / restaurants nearby, but they can be found.
This is a very nice hotel centrally located if you are looking to see the sites or on business.
- Also Known As:
- The Madison Hotel Washington Dc
- The Madison Hotel
- Madison Washington Dc
- Madison Hotel Washington Dc
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Federalist styled building, European atmosphere, multilingual staff; conveniently located just four blocks from the White House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Olotels, Amex, Travelocity, TravelClick, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Loews Madison Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.