“Great Hotel (But you'll pay for parking)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Madison Hotel

You added Loews Madison Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Madison Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1177 Fifteenth Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
$50 Credit or Pick a Perk
Ranked #51 of 131 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chandler, Arizona
“Great Hotel (But you'll pay for parking)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here on July 4th this past year. I 'Pricelined' on the Name Your Own Price function and got it for $80. Beautiful hotel, great location just 3 blocks from the White House and 5 blocks to the National Mall and Washington Monument. Lots of great restaurants in the neighborhood. Room was great, very nice amenities. Downside, EVERYTHING costs money here, which should be expected when staying at a 4+ Star hotel in a major city. One expense however, was still a little much. Valeting the car (the only option for parking that was given, and again, keep in mind it was July 4th in the Nations Capital) was $49 a night. Thats a little steep in my opinion.

Room Tip: Request a east or north facing room. South and west you'll have offices staring right into your...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

This was a great room. My husband and I drove down with another couple just to spend one night in DC. We arrived at 9:45 am and our rooms were ready! Their concierge is more than accommodating and the rooms were great-very clean and full of toiletries. The location is perfect for wanting to meander around the area. If you scout out for deals, you can get an adequate rate. I highly suggest this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
, Hotel Manager at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for your five star review! We're happy to hear you took advantage of our toiletries - we recently starting carrying C.O. Bigelow skin care products which have wonderful fragrances and are made with organic ingredients. We look forward to your next visit!
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Very comfortable and affordable. Great location for romantic get away or perfect for business travel. Ok for travel with kids but, not many options for kids. Although many of the DC sites are so close by you'll have plenty of options for the kids.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I had to travel to DC for business at short notice and my admin assistant booked this hotel as it was the best priced and close to where my meeting was to be held. I was not sure what to expect as I'm more used to using national hotel chains, but was pleasantly surprised. The service was excellent, the room very clean, the staff very friendly and check-in/check-out was quick and efficient. They even upgraded me to a suite for the same price without any request on my part. So, my review of the room is based on a suite.
The suite was clean and comfortable with a king size bed with a very comfortable matress. It appeared that the hotel was renovated not too long ago as the suite had a new look to it. The bedroom was spacious with a desk and sitting chair. The bathroom was very spacious as well and had a very nice and comfortable shower as well as two sinks. All amenities needed were present including a scale. The living room and dining area was separated from the bedroom by a door. There was a nice couch and table for 4 which made working in the room very convenient and allowed our team to meet.
A definite plus was the free wifi. Finally a hotel that caters to the business traveler. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant and breakfast in the breakfast room. Both were good and reasonably priced for DC. The only negative was the parking. It was rather high in price according to some of my fellow travelers and they were somewhat slow to retrieve the car upon our departure. The tax ride from National Airport to the hotel was only $13, including tip.
Overall, I was very satisfied with my stay at this hotel and will definitely put this hotel on my list of preferred hotels for DC.

Room Tip: The suites are definitely more spacious than the rooms. If possible get a suite.
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed there for 3 nights on a family trip. The rooms were small but comfortable. We had a room with two queen beds and there was just enough room left over for us to walk around. The bathroom was also small but well appointed. The chairs in the room were leather, which was a nice touch. The service we received was generally good and friendly. Parking was expensive but on par with the other hotels in the city. They had a nice restaurant and we had a great breakfast every morning that was included in our package. We were happy with out experience and would return again.

• Stayed June 2012
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I had a reservation. The madison hotel purposely gave away my room and did not compensate me. sent me to the university club. The club was pleasant but my point is simply what hotel does this to their guests? Shame on you Madison for treating your guests so badly and for not caring. I cannot recommend this hotel to you after my experience.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I stayed at the Madison for 3 nights for a conference. It's not where I usually stay when I'm in DC but I was pleasantly surprised. It's a big business hotel which usually means that it's sprawling and impersonal but the Madison was especially welcoming with a nice lobby, busy bar and comfortable rooms. The staff was friendly and helpful in suggesting local restaurants and providing directions. I had breakfast at the hotel and the food was good but the service was a bit bumpy. The conference facialities were not the most modern/refreshed but served the purpose just fine. My room rate was a negotatied rate for the conference and was especially reasonable given the location and level of service.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that doesn't face the street as there is a lot construction in the area (that...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Loews Madison Hotel? Share your experiences!