“Perfect location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Madison Hotel

You added Loews Madison Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Madison Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1177 Fifteenth Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$50 Credit or Pick a Perk
Ranked #51 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersBronze level
California
“Perfect location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I am a solo traveler and stayed 3 nights here a couple of weeks ago. The location could not be more perfect - steps from the metro and just a few more from the White House. My room was beautifully decorated, clean, and quiet. My only problem was upon checkout, they charged me twice for my room and it still has not been resolved. That aside, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Hotel Manager at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the location and decor of The Madison! However, I would like to apologize for the billing problems you experienced. We would like to get this issue cleared up for you as soon as possible. I will be contacting you directly to discuss this further.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Turkish first
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

A lovely setting. Very nice staff. Perfect location for touring.

Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

The rooms are very comfortable and clean. Everything was recently renovated, so its all new and modern.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
South London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Quirkily decorated rooms, Fantastically comfortable bed :)
Just a short walk from the whitehouse puts this hotel in a nice location - not far from Metro either to connect with Union Station and Metro Centre.

All staff very professional, polite, friendly and with great recommendations.
Bath deep enough to take an enjoyable one - and the Bath robe for after was a nice touch.
Would mosty definately be staying again.
Cleaning was to an exceptional standard, and down to doorman and maintenance staff I was made to feel welcome.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We just visited Washington D.C. for 4 nights and came home yesterday. This was our first trip to D.C. and I wanted to stay somewhere really special. Before I book a trip anywhere, I always read Trip Advisor reviews because the reviews are always spot on. Also, I am VERY particular about a hotel. We travel a lot and I spend considerable time researching different hotels prior to booking a trip. To me, the overall hotel experience can really make or break a vacation.

I had high expectations of The Madison based upon the excellent reviews posted here. I was not disappointed. The lobby is beautiful, the staff friendly and helpful, the hotel sparkling clean, the rooms quiet and comfortable, and the food delicious. We ate at Postscripts and The Federalist and everything was perfect.

When we arrived at the hotel before check-in, the hotel was considerate enough to provide us a room early. Every little detail was taken care of. I had forgotten my cell phone charger and the staff arranged to get me one to use during my stay. We ran out of coffee and someone delivered more coffee to our room within minutes. My husband loved the bathroom products so the front desk gave us extra upon check-out. If you need something, anything, the friendly staff is literally waiting there to help you.

My husband and I upgraded to an Executive Terrace room and we loved it. The bed was comfortable and the room was gorgeous. We even had a view of the Washington Monument from our terrace. After a long day of sightseeing in muggy D.C. weather, I looked forward to going back to this wonderful, welcoming hotel. Even the elevators were fast. We never had to wait for anything. This hotel is perfect and I would absolutely stay here again. I recommend it highly!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Executive terrace room!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I live in DC, and stayed here during a "staycation" for my anniversary with my husband a few weekends ago. We had an absolutely wonderful stay and I highly recommend this hotel to visitors! We were upgraded to a suite upon arrival, which was a standard room plus a nice chair off to the side and a desk area. The room was beautiful, the bed and linens were very fresh and clean, and the bathroom was beautiful and CLEAN. (Nothing is worse than dirt or mildew in bathrooms!!) I just cannot stay enough about how clean and beautiful the rooms were -- it knocked my socks off!

The following morning, we checked out and had breakfast at PostScript, which was very nice -- light, bright, tables at windows, with a great cup of tea and nice, refreshing menu options!

For area visitors, this hotel is in Downtown DC, 3 blocks from the McPherson Square Metro (White House/VA exit), which is on the Orange and Blue line -- connecting you to the airport, Virginia, GWU, Smithsonian, Capitol Hill, and Eastern Market. You're also 5 blocks from the White House in a nice neighborhood with plenty of restaurants in the area, or within a fast cab or metro ride!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

My family and I stayed here for Spring Break in April for 3 nights and it was very nice. Our room was spacious and nicely designed with comfortable beds and chairs. The bathroom was amazing and very modern and sophisticated. Our view however was not very nice, instead of a nice city street or courtyard we had a view of some alley and some taller buildings, so we kept the curtains closed. The lobby and service was great though. When we arrived on time our room was not ready so they gave us a seat in the lobby cafe and gave us a round of complimentary drinks and fries as we waited. The hotel was in one of the best city locations possible. Just blocks away from all the action in the city yet far enough that our room was quiet at night. We were three blocks away from the white house and Dupont Circle. There was a great cafe across the street called the Caribou Cafe that we used to get a quick breakfast to go with amazing croissents and apple strudels.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Loews Madison Hotel? Share your experiences!