The Madison is a very lovely hotel in a perfect location, walking distance to great restaurants and under 2 miles away from the Mall and the Smithsonian museums. The door men are excellent, always greeting one pleasantly and welcoming one back to the hotel. Some are quite warm and personable in their demeanor too, which I appreciated. I wish I could say the same for the front desk. I never saw a smile and though they were efficient and professional, their attitudes were lackluster at best.
The lobby area is gorgeous and an area I normally dislike in hotels (the hallways on the room floors) were nicely done as well. The room was "cosy" and my husband loved the bed, finding it very comfortable. I found it very comfortable as well except for the noise from construction. This is my strongest complaint. I knew the hotel was in the process of renovating and took my chances booking, asking for a quiet room away from the floors under construction. I appreciate that any well-managed property must renovate from time to time and patrons benefit from these inconvenient and costly efforts but it is disappointing to have one's stay effected by it. One morning it was as if large drills and electric saws were being used right above my head. It definitely did not sound as though there was an entire floor between our room and the construction floor, which is what I was "promised". Maybe sound just travels far too well through the walls. It probably doesn't effect most of their visitors stays if they are there for business as my husband was but I was not and also became sick during our stay. I needed to stay in bed but was driven out of the room by the noise and actual shaking of the walls during the day.
I was also perturbed when one day I had forgotten to leave a tip and returned from my days activities and found that house-keeping had left dirty glasses in the room, not re-stocked the coffee area or all the towels. Basically, the bed was made and I had pretty much done that already. The next day I remembered to leave the tip and a nice note and found the room perfectly attended. I have found that it is better to leave a daily tip; it makes sure the person cleaning your room gets it the day they clean and it also seems to result in better service.
I use the fitness center in every hotel, whether I travel for work or pleasure and found the Madison's more than adequate. Full rack of free weights as well as nautilus machines, 3 treadmills, elliptical and stationary bike. A mini-fridge with chilled towels was provided along with newspapers and water.
We ordered room service one evening (apple pie a la mode and french fries) and found the service very nice and the prices reasonable. The apple pie was mostly pie, not so much apple, and the french fries had a seasoning that was delicious if a little too salty.
All in all, my husband really enjoyed his stay at the Madison and I would give it 3.5 stars if I could. If it weren't for the noise, I would definitely give it 4 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Become a part of history when you stay at Loews Madison Hotel. Located in the heart of downtown Washington D.C., Our hotel has been honored to host distinguished guests including Elizabeth Taylor and John F. Kennedy. Our unmatched dedication to service has made us the first choice for political and social leaders, global travelers and families seeking the cultural legacy of our nation's capital. Only a short stroll from the White House, Embassy Row, and National Mall Monuments, Loews Madison Hotel is a refreshing destination for corporate stays, relaxing getaways and unforgettable gatherings. Appointed with sophisticated furnishings, our Washington, D.C. Luxury hotel features a collection of rooms and suites with amenities fit for a president. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Loews Madison Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Madison Hotel Washington Dc
- Madison Washington Dc
- Madison Hotel Washington Dc