“Beautiful hotel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Jefferson, Washington DC

You added The Jefferson, Washington DC to your Saves list
The Jefferson, Washington DC
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 16th Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20036 (Dupont Circle)   |
Special Price
15% off Suites Mid Week
Ranked #1 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
“Beautiful hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I have been there in July 2014. The hotel is in a great location. only 10 minutes walk to the white house. The staff is friendly and the room is huge with a comfortable bed. I liked every moment while i were there. If i have a chance to visit Washington DC again. This hotel will be my first choice.

Room Tip: Suite is the best.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Lovely place to stay with excellent staff and a lovely environment. Rooms are well sized and nicely decorated. Excellent bed. Some rooms are without baths so make a special request if this is important to you. We were quickly moved once I asked for one with a bath. Concierge is excellent. Our standard room looked on the building next door so no real outlook but made up for by the excellent room. Book a higher category room if a view is important to you. Some noise from the air-conditioning units on the lower levels so higher rooms are advisable if possible.

Food in the restaurants was excellent and the book room delightful.

Will be return to this lovely hotel.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear SydneyAlan,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay. I was pleased to read that the guest room and amenities were to your liking, and your compliments regarding the service you received are truly appreciated. I will be sure to speak with our Director of Engineering regarding the small issue you experienced with noise levels in your room.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

For my retirement my wife booked a few days at the Jefferson. This 5 Star is absolutely wonderful. From the moment you arrive you are treated like family, and they go to great lengths to make sure everything is perfect. Here I must mention their staff who are phenomenal. One particular person named Vivian who was at the front desk when we arrived, took the time to show us around the hotel to show us the various areas of the hotel while also giving us its history ,and pointing out Jefferson artifacts. She really didn't have to do this. All during our stay she would ask us where we had been as well as telling us about restaurants she had visited and enjoyed. The entire experience was outstanding and we would highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Joe60811,

Congratulations on your retirement! I am pleased to read that you and your wife chose to celebrate at The Jefferson, and that you both enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our staff, especially to Vivian and the Front Office team.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

it had been a few years since I'd been in the hotel and the remodel of this Washington classic hotel worked a magical transformation. It's now even more elegant with a much lighter (and more beautiful) feel than the stuffy, dark hotel of bygone generations. The hotel retains its historic feel--you'll definitely know you're in a DC landmark from the artwork, marble floor, and crown molding. The small patio is subtly set off from the street by landscaping and perfect for a meal or just happy hour. The hotel is an easy 5-10 minute stroll down to the White House (Lafayette Park is three blocks down 16th Street) and the National Mall and Washington Monument lies directly beyond that (the Washington Monument is about a brisk 20-25 minute walk). The Metro is three blocks away as are the shops of Connecticut Ave. It's located directly across the street from the National Geographic Society's headquarters, which has an excellent museum. Easily accessible to the Monuments, museums, and sights of the city.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear ZukiMini ,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay. We love hearing from guests who have experienced The Jefferson throughout the years, and your compliments about the new features and redesign are truly appreciated. I hope to welcome you back again in the future!

Guttenberg, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The quote in the title of this review is a quote from my 3-year old son during our two-night stay in May 2015. He and his 5-year old brother were immediately sold on The Jefferson upon check-in when the receptionist rolled out the red Radio Flyer wagon of stuffed animals for them to choose a gift.

The hotel services and ammenities exceeded my husband's and my expectations and raised our standards for all of our future hotel stays. The Jefferson offers a complimentary coffee bar in the morning and (very delicious) iced tea during the day. The complimentary wi-fi signal was a stable 10-15 mbs (download) which easily supported our 4+ devices for internet surfing and video streamining with no lag or interruption. The hotel also provides free sparkling and still water in custom frosted glass bottles, which I assume are reused (as opposed to recycled). Having recently returned from a business trip at a large chain hotel that charged $3 for a small plastic bottle of water, I was grateful for this extra "perk" that is also environmentally friendlier to boot.

If you stay at The Jefferson, be sure to spend time in the Book Room/Library, which has a collection of books published during Jefferson's lifetime. My favorite section, however, are the newer books inscribed by the authors who have been guests of the hotel. The books may be borrowed by hotel guests during their stay, and I will admit that it is quite a thrill to read books that have passed through the hands of the authors themselves.

Location-wise, the hotel is in a quiet area of DC that is near restaurants, shopping and major city sights. (Look down 16th St from the front of the hotel, and wave to the First Family.) Our family felt very safe walking around the area, and in spite of being so close to downtown, we heard absolutely no street noise in our room.

Speaking of the room, we were in room 201 (Deluxe King with bath tub) which has a queen-sized bed and a large bathroom with a shower and a soaking tub which was so large that my kids thought it was a pool. The tub and plentiful supply of bath salts was so inviting, both my husband and I were compelled to take advantage of soothing soak (in front of the TV in the mirror!) after a long morning at the National Zoo.

(Detailed Room Info: Although room 201 doesn't have much of a view given its position in the building, the room was still bright in the morning. The room is directly above the lobby, so the higher ceiling of the front entrance makes one of the windows about 1/6 the size of the other floor to ceiling window. There is also a large and high counter (again, due to the lobby ceiling) that left little room to walk by the bed to the desk, but that we considered it a minor inconvenience and minor trade-off for the luxiourious bathroom.)

We did not eat at the restaurants, but we were guests for a private dinner in the Wine Cellar. The wine, champagne and service were wonderful. The 5-course dinner was well-prepared, but it wasn't spectacular. Had it been spectacular, we probably would have been more inclined to have brunch at the hotel, but I suspect we will be returning The Jefferson one day to try brunch, afternoon tea and that luxourious bathtub.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have bathtubs. Call to request a room with a tub if you need one (especially for smal...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Dear cyno503 ,

I was pleased to read that The Jefferson received a stamp of approval from your sons, and that you and your husband were equally satisfied with your stay. Additionally, I am glad that you enjoyed the guest room amenities as well as some of our common areas including the Book Room.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back in the future!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I really wanted to like this hotel since i've researched hours before deciding on it.

Plus(es):

1. Location
2. Comfy Bed
3. TV behind the washer's mirror

Minus(es):
1. Disregardness for Attentive Service: They told me that i can check in 15 min, but an hour later I called them and the room was not ready yet.
2. No Cleaning Service unless you pressed the Cleaning Service Button
3. They do not replace the depleted body lotion and used hand soap on the second day
3. NO Car Service as promised: they werent available on Sunday, but also Monday, and all the days we stayed there, nor is it available to go to the airport or train services, so we cab all over.
4. Butler walked into our rooms accidentally 3x while we took an evening nap.
5. ROOMS are SMALL.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear UtopianJournal,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay. While I’m glad that you were able to enjoy our location and some of our amenities, I’d like to apologize for some of the inconsistencies you experienced during your stay and would enjoy the opportunity to discuss your overall experience with you further. I can be reached at your convenience at the email and number below.

(202) 448-2300
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Everyone in this hotel aims to make you feel at home. There is coffee in the morning, sweet tea in the afternoon, and a bite of chocolate at night. An elegant, flower-filled dining room, a quiet and welcoming library, and a buzzing bar offer something for everyone. Special thanks to Chris, the concierge, who gave me a tour of the hotel's paintings. This is an outstanding hotel, truly lovely.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Camille T,

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent visit, and that you experienced great service during your stay. Your assessment that there is “something for everyone” at The Jefferson is truly appreciated, and I will be sure to pass on your compliments to Chris and the rest of our staff.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future!

dbueno@jeffersondc.com

Been to The Jefferson, Washington DC? Share your experiences!