“Many Claim to be Top-Notch - These Guys Actually Are” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Jefferson, Washington DC

You added The Jefferson, Washington DC to your Saves list
The Jefferson, Washington DC
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 16th Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20036 (Dupont Circle)   |
Special Price
15% off Suites Mid Week
Ranked #1 of 131 Hotels in Washington DC
Los Angeles, California
“Many Claim to be Top-Notch - These Guys Actually Are”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This is a lovely property with well-trained staff and excellent service. The breakfast I had in their restaurant was really one of the loveliest I can remember, and the dinner menu is superb. There is no substitute for great service and The Jefferson has that in spades. What an enjoyable experience - I will be back.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Princeton and Charlottesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The Jefferson is a truly superb hotel--discrete, sophisticated, luxuriously equipped. As with most great hotels, what separates the Jefferson from others is its commitment to service, which was truly first rate. I would time my visits to Washington based on when the Jefferson has availability. A classic without being stodgy, I only hope that the Jefferson can hold onto to its updated but classic stance and resist becoming more like every other hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear CavalierJCS,

We hope to! Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay at The Jefferson. I am pleased that you experienced service that exceeded your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Have a happy holiday,

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Perfection is the only word! We stayed here for a romantic getaway and left happy as clams. A hospitality business is only as good as its staff and these fine people are beyond reproach. The valet staff, the front desk, the concierge desk….everyone at this establishment is a wizard when it comes to anticipating needs and carrying out requests with kindness and professionalism. Our room was one of the most comfortable I have ever stayed in with the mattress and pillows being almost impossible to leave. Our deluxe room was on the small side but ingeniously appointed and perfectly illuminated to maximize its luxurious appearance and functionality. The bathroom shower was amazing! The concierge was helpful on multiple occasions (starting days before we even checked in) and breakfast at the restaurant was excellent. I wholeheartedly recommend everyone try The Jefferson!!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Momtravel33,

I appreciate you taking the time to post about your recent stay at The Jefferson. I was pleased to read that you found our staff to be welcoming and helpful during your stay; I will be sure to pass along your praise for our staff and we do hope that we can welcome you back in the future!

Have a happy holiday!

Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed in a Deluxe Suite in mid-October. It was spacious and elegant. I thought the soundproofing to the outside was pretty good. You could hear traffic occasionally, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. However, internal soundproofing could have been a little bit better. Sometimes I heard footsteps upstairs and doors slamming down the hallway. Otherwise, the suite was pretty quiet for its urban location.

The location was very good. We walked everywhere - from DuPont Circle to the National Mall.

The bed was comfy, although more pillows would have been nice. The bathroom was large and luxurious with perhaps the best shower I have experienced in a hotel (very strong spray).

We had room service for dinner one evening and for breakfast every day (it was included in our rate). Food quality could be improved. I wasn't too impressed. The coffee was decent, but the cafe latte was surprisingly awful.

Service overall was friendly, but nothing over the top. There were some folks who did not appear to be overly enthusiastic, which is normally the standard for five-star hotels.

If the Jefferson wanted to improve its room service and overall hotel service, I would advise the hotel to look to some of its competitors in the region, such as the Salamander Resort in Middleburg, Va.

Room Tip: The suites are spacious and luxurious.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear lawahoo2001,

I appreciate you taking the time to post about your recent stay with us. While it seems that you enjoyed much of your stay including our location, beds and our bathrooms, I’d like to apologize that the food quality did not meet your expectations and that there were some issues with outside noise. I will be sure to discuss this issue with engineering and our floor staff so that they may be more aware of this when servicing each floor. I will also follow up with the front office staff to ensure that we are greeting each guest with a warm welcome.

I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future so that we may have another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had a marvellous five days at The Jefferson in September. A really first rate experience. Quite apart from the very high standard of service and facilities at the hotel, for us it was the staff who made our trip especially memorable.

The hotel also has the advantage of being within walking distance of most of the sights and sounds of Washington DC.

We had a really smashing trip - and it was made even more special because we were staying at the Jefferson.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Dear JulieR26,

I was so pleased to read that The Jefferson was able to assist in making your trip to Washington, DC a special one and I will be sure to pass along your kind words about not only the hotel facilities but also the staff.

I do hope that you will visit us again should you find yourself back in the states!

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We loved the small scale and beautiful decor of the hotel. Our suite was spacious and beautifully appointed. The bath was spacious and the shower was the best hotel shower ever! We travelled with our two young daughters and they had a great time, with lots of attention from the friendly staff. It was our oldest daughters birthday and they sent cupcakes and a lovely card to our room. Their restaurant was disappointing, and very expensive. I would stay at the Jefferson again, but I would not return to Plume.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Beautiful Hotel, Wonderful Staff , Close to all Washington DC has to offer just blocks from the Whitehouse and the Metro. this property has a lot of History so be sure to ask for a tour or ask the concierge for the history and be sure to visit the book room next to the bar

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Samantha L,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us! I was pleased to read that you found our location to be convenient and that you had a chance to speak with our concierge team regarding the hotel’s great history!
I hope we can welcome you back soon.

dbueno@jeffersondc.com

Been to The Jefferson, Washington DC? Share your experiences!