“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Jefferson, Washington DC

You added The Jefferson, Washington DC to your Saves list
The Jefferson, Washington DC
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 16th Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20036 (Dupont Circle)   |
Special Price
15% Off This Summer!
Ranked #1 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Everything was outstanding....checking in, the concierge, the restaurant, the bar, the doorman and the private car and driver. The room was excellent with every attention to detail. I would definitely recommend The Jefferson Hotel and would look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

My wife and i stayed there last week for 5 days;from the time we arrived we felt the friendliness and attentiveness you expect from a 5 star hotel,you can also feel the history of Washington as you walk in.Room service was prompt and the food was good. Weather on the phone or in person all staff members were professional and friendly at all times, they all made our stay very pleasant.Location was great, close to most historic places.The restaurants at the hotel offer outstanding customer service make you feel great ,wonderful decor and table setting.They also offer private tour guides which i recommend ,very knowledgeable and courteous. Overall, thank you guys for a wonderful and pleasant hotel stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Urbano507,

You are very welcome! Sounds like your stay at The Jefferson was a memorable one, which is what we like to hear! I’m glad you were able to take advantage of all of our dining outlets and our in house historian.

We hope to see you again soon.

Dbueno@jeffersondc.com
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

The location, facilities and staff are simply wonderful. The common areas are full of charm (including a fun library and a terrific lounge and outdoor patio). The room was terrific. The service and attitude of the staff were excellent. I would stay at The Jefferson anytime I am back to DC.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

A high quality facility, with excellent staff and rapport, always trying to fully oblige request/s.
A good location/district for business but a little bit of a walk to the major monuments.
The rooms, bedding and bathrooms are much better than most but also above average prices.
The menus were surprisingly limited for a hotel of this std. No in room tea/coffee facilities though they were quick to supply an urn & tea bags on request, but without cups or sugar. Breakfast was predominantly hot only with 1x yogurt and 1x cereal choice. In room dining was also limited to simple fare and the same as the bar menu.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear EndodocAu,

Thank you for posting about your recent stay with us. I’m pleased to read that you found our staff to be warm and welcoming and that they were able to assist you with your needs while on property. I do apologize that cups were not delivered with your tea and I will be sure to bring this to the attention of our food and beverage manager.

I do hope to welcome you back soon!

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Very good location, highly educated staff. Once, we were going to the restaurant and wanted to call taxi but staff offered the hotel's car which was free as i understood (cadillac don't-know-the-model) to have a ride. We were at breakfast once and it was wonderful. Everything was excellent.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Atherton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Fabulous beauty everywhere; incredible service (ran out to drugstore for me at 11pm) and highly functional. only caveat is room was smallish. Great place. Lovely special rooms and bar, everything so thoughtfully conceived and a great sense of history too. what a treat.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear JDKjdk,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay at The Jefferson. I’m glad that you received great service from our staff and that you enjoyed the historical touches that are throughout the hotel.

We do hope you will visit us again soon!

Paris, france
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Very difficult to give an accurate, nuanced review of the Jefferson. During my recent 2 night stay I was struck by some really outstanding points but also by several important glitches.Given that the general manager has written to ask me for my comments-- a gerat positive by itself!-- I will give it a go.

The first thing that struck me when i walked in was the respectful way in which everyone in reception greeted me by standing up. This detail, which I only encounter in few hotels nowadays. sets the tone for the respectful formality that the staff uses for the guests. All the staff? Unfortunately not quite; the ubiquitous invisible guest service operators that centralize all calls ruin the good work of everyone else.

My suite had a Nespresso machine, which strangely was off and without water. I tried to fill it up and start it (never had to do this in any other hotel) but it did not work. i called room service and got guest service. After 20' when no one came, i called again and I got the answer by the same person: " ýou need help for switching on the Nespresso machine?" When fianlly the right person came, he did discover that the machine was faulty and brought it downstairs to replace it. I also asked for a kettle with 2 cups for making my own tea. The kettle arrived with 2 espresso cups, later the cups were changed for tea but still no spoons.

When i came into my room it was very cold at 64 degrees. I asked that it be set up in both bedroom and living room at 72 degrees and the receptionist who was with me adjusted the monitor. In the night, I woke up freezing and I called reception. i was informed that the heat adjustment can only happen centrally as the installation is too old for individual adjustment. He did call maintenance at 3 am to heat up the rooms, but in the morning the temperature in the living room was still 64. They then discovered that there was a maintenance problem So one whole day to get warm!

I asked room service by proxy via the guest services for some milk for my coffee-- in came a big glass of milk, impossible to pour into the small espresso cups. the waiter told me how terrible (his word) it was to deal with the guest services filtering all orders without them even knowing what was in the kitchen. My breakfast (grapefruit, granola and berries) took 40' to come. When i called to inquire where it was i was told 5-10 more minutes. Just then, my doorbell rang and the waiter appeared!

Incidentally, I had been made to wait till 4:20 pm to check in and the receptionist offered one free breakfast. At the end, i was offered the same free breakfast as compensation for freezing the entire night..................

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear BagsParis_france,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I’d like to apologize for some of the miscommunications that took place while you were on property. I can assure you that this is not indicative of our hotel and the level of service that we are known for. I’m looking into the issues that you had with our HVAC with our Director of Engineering to determine where the issue occurred so we can prevent this from happening again. With regards to the Nespresso machine, I apologize that you had a few issues getting it to work and that you received the wrong cups for your tea.

I will also be looking into your room service requests and why they were delivered incorrectly and within an unacceptable time frame.

We do hope that you will visit us again in the future so that we may present you with the level of service and hospitality that we are accustomed to delivering.