My wife and I stayed at The Jefferson recently and had a wonderful time. We were greeted by several friendly porters, all wearing tails and sporting gold pins. They ushered us to an elegant reception area in the beautiful main lobby. There were busts of Jefferson and original documents penned by the man himself hanging on the wall. The reception area had a fantastic painting on the wall behind the desks. Overall, you really felt like you had stepped back in time when you walked through the doors. Everyone was very friendly and helpful, including one man who noticed us looking at the document display and came over to explain each piece.
The room was spotless and well-appointed, with beautiful furniture, a great bed, a fantastic bathroom (with the strongest shower I’ve ever seen in a hotel) and a flat-panel TV embedded in the bathroom mirror. We had room-service for breakfast, and the service was top-notch. It really showcased the attention to detail you can expect, from the warm and friendly person taking the order, to the table set-up in the room, and lastly to the delicious lemon ricotta pancakes…it was exactly how room service should be.
We had dinner at Plume, the main restaurant at The Jefferson. The meal was fantastic, the wine list was beyond compare, and the restaurant itself was absolutely beautiful. Once again, the staff didn’t miss a thing, and the sommelier was very helpful and enthusiastic.
Rather than trying to offer every amenity under the sun like a large resort property, the Jefferson takes a different approach and does a few things exceptionally well. This is a hotel that caters to people who want 5-star service in a quiet, elegant setting. In that regard, The Jefferson clearly hits the mark.
- Also Known As:
- The Jefferson, Washington Dc Hotel
- The Jefferson, Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Jefferson Hotel Washington Dc
- The Jefferson Washington Dc
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Jefferson, Washington's second most prestigious address. Distinguished, sophisticated and discreet, this 95-room luxury boutique hotel exemplifies all that its namesake, Thomas Jefferson, held dear -intricately thought-out design, twenty elegantly appointed suites, the most modern amenities including a petite spa, culinary excellence and exceptional personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Preferred Hotels, Venere, Fareportal , Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your The Jefferson, Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.