“Elegant Hotel with Excellent Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Jefferson, Washington DC

You added The Jefferson, Washington DC to your Saves list
The Jefferson, Washington DC
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 16th Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20036 (Dupont Circle)   |
Special Price
15% Off This Summer!
Ranked #1 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
New York City, New York
“Elegant Hotel with Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Very professional atmosphere. Stunning entrance and memorable stay. We look forward to staying again the next time we are in DC. Located in the middle of everything and close to public transportation.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear john-hana,

Thank you for your positive review of your recent stay at The Jefferson. We are pleased to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

rjenny@jeffersondc.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Vale, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

In looking for a luxury, dog friendly hotel for a weekend getaway, I found The Jefferson. The hotel is 4 blocks from the White House and walking distance to the National Mall and monuments, close to a nice residential area. My room was a "premier" room on the 6th floor with a view of the Washington Monument. The room was very well appointed and the king bed was extremely comfortable. I thought I would miss a bathtub, but the walk-in shower was great. The staff was welcoming and attentive. My dog is not a small dog, and he was welcomed with treats every time we were in the lobby. Also, I could leave him un-kenneled in the room (as long as your dog is well behaved). I really appreciated that I could go to the museums and he was comfortable in the room. (Dogs are allowed on the National Mall and monuments, just not in the buildings.) I walked most everywhere, as driving in DC can be challenging. However, when I did need my car they provided it promptly. They charge $45 a day for parking (valet only) but that includes in-and-out. I ate at the Quill on the terrace for both lunch and dinner and my dog was welcomed there, also. The food was very good and the sommelier was extremely knowledgeable. They have an extensive wine list. I had a great rate, booking directly with the hotel. What an enjoyable two days in D.C. and thanks to the staff at The Jefferson for making this such an awesome stay from the minute I arrived.

Room Tip: Upper rooms are very quite (6th floor up).
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The Jefferson is one of the best experiences I've had with Hotels. The Leela in Mumbai, the Four Seasons in San Francisco, and the Jefferson rate as my top 3, The Jefferson is #1. Keen attention to detail, kind and attentive service, with a perfect breakfast in the restaurant and the best night's sleep I've had in ages, make this hotel untouchable. The room was utterly quiet, even though it faced 16th street, and was incredibly comfortable. I'm already looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I travel all over the United States and this was mine and my husband's first trip to Washington. We wanted to stay somewhere special so we decided to give the Jefferson a try since it was a 5 star hotel and was number 1 on Tripadvisor. Our experience from the moment we got here was outstanding! We felt like royalty right from the beginning. From the manager taking us to two rooms that we could choose from, from the Concierge, Lynn, who was always available with a smile willing to help. We were fortunate to have our breakfast included with our rate and to say it was like being treated like royalty! The atmosphere in the restaurant was stunning, a setting as lovely as any in any european country with white glove treatment. The turn down service with chocolates, the ice and complimentary water that they bring to your room accompanied by cookies was also an added touch. Every morning, muffins and coffee were available with togo cups. After a long day touring, you came back to the hotel and were offered fresh lemonade! When it was raining, they didn't let you leave the hotel without borrowing one of their umbrellas. We can't say enough about this hotel. Please treat yourself to this wonderful experience. PS The internet was without a doubt the fastest internet of any hotel we've ever stayed at.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I called today to ask questions regarding the hotel's amenities. I was greeted and serviced so nicely, that the call ended in a reservation. THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE...EVER! I am a believer that the hotel experience begins way before you actually step into the building. Kirsten (sp?) delivered. She spent ample time making certain that all of my requests were considered, and she even included cost in the options. I am anticipating a fantastic stay in a few weeks and will be sure to share the experience!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear LocalNewOrleans,

I would like to thank you for your very positive review regarding our reservations process. On behalf of all of the staff here at The Jefferson we look forward to welcoming you to the hotel and to our nation's capital. If there is anything that we can assist you with in anticipation of your stay, please do not hesitate to ask.

Ramsbottom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights with our 2 teenagers. I'd requested adjoining rooms and was contacted by email shortly after booking that this would be the case and it was. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable, very attentive and helpful staff. Nice little touches each day in the room like homemade shortbread, fresh cherries, kids had chocolate covered pretzel sticks. The location was very good, just a few blocks down the road to the White House. I made use of the pre booking in advance rate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our 'minimoon' and boy, was it a great setting to start our new life together. With a turndown service and very attentive doormen, we felt well looked after. We also participated in their summer 'Where's Tommy' adventure, receiving a free Thomas Jefferson bobble-head for our efforts. My only negative comment would be that there was confusion around our arrival from Baltimore. After calling them, we were under the impression they had booked a taxi. But when we emailed to confirm, they then stated they don't book taxis. We needed to find our own way into the city. Also, people coming from Europe will find their website very confusing. View the fine print to get the total cost including tax as it's not displayed well when booking.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Megan H,

On behalf of the staff here at The Jefferson we’d like to congratulate you on your recent marriage and are honored that you chose our hotel to celebrate your “minimoon”. I am glad that you were able to explore our nation’s capital with Tommy; what a fun way to see Washington! I would like to apologize for any confusion with regards to your transportation from Baltimore Washington Airport. We do have a dedicated car service to assist the transportation needs of our guests and any inquiries about transportation are typically determined prior to check-in. Unfortunately, due to local regulations taxis are not able to schedule pickups in advance at any of our three airports. Thank you for your suggestions with regards to our website as we are always looking for ways to improve our guest’s experience from online to on property. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Jefferson in the future.