“Impressive Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Jefferson, Washington DC

Save Saved
You added The Jefferson, Washington DC to your Saves list
The Jefferson, Washington DC
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 16th Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20036 (Dupont Circle)   |
Special Price
15% off Suites Mid Week
Ranked #1 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
Mount Morris, Michigan, United States
“Impressive Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Choose this hotel from online reviews of the best hotels in the DC area. This was not as close to the main attractions in DC, but it was a short 10 minute taxi ride. The hotel was very impressive upon walking in the door. From the lovely floors and high ceilings to the rich wood furnishings and sharply dressed staff. The rooms were spacious and tastefully decorated. Beds were VERY comfortable and the linens crisp and elegant. No heavy bedspreads, only a lightweight duvet. Hotel was quiet and staff helpful in every way. I called the front desk to inquire as to where I could purchase a curling iron because I had forgotten mine at home, she said she would call me right back. 10 minutes later they delivered a brand new curling iron to my room. There was no charge for this item on our bill. When I asked about it I was told that it was "complimentary". I would highly recommend this hotel, not just for the exceptional service, but for the sleeping experience alone it was worth the price. I did not inquire if a spa or pool was available, as I would not have had time for that anyway.

Room Tip: Higher floors had remarkable views of DC monuments..
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
charlotte, nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is an impressive hotel. Service here is unbelievable, from the pre-arrival email, the concierge, the hostess at the restaurant, the doorman, the bartenders everyone was always smiling and ready to help. The attention to detail was great- complimentary ice tea, shortbread cookies, lovely complimentary bottled water in the rooms, light jazz softly playing in the room. We had a one bedroom suite on the second floor, ( the bird room), it was fantastic, it had a good size patio that opened from French doors off the living room as well as a soaking tub complete with bath salts. My husband needed a shirt pressed it was returned to the room in the closet within 2 hours. Turndown service was a pleasant surprise. The bed was extremely comfortable. We used the " house car" to go to dinner a great touch. We had cocktails in the bar again excellent service and innovative menu. Everything was top notch. Almost didn't want to leave the room/hotel to go sightseeing. I have to say this is the best hotel I have stayed in stateside and well deserving of the #1 ranking.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very nice hotel, good location close to the White House and other attractions like the Smithsonian, polite and friendly staff. Thought my room was very nice, only complaint is that for the price you pay you would expect a bath in there but mine had only a stand-up shower, and the view was pretty much non-existent as I was facing the wall of another building.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Just returned from four wonderful nights at the Jefferson with my 16 year old son. From the pre-arrival email and reach-out from the Concierge to the departing help with luggage, this stay was impeccable. I cannot say enough about the service at this Hotel. Each staff person was more friendly, helpful, unobtrusive and accommodating than the next. The food was fantastic. The rooms and all public areas are so beautifully appointed. Luxury all the way but understated and elegant and classy. We just loved every bit - the breakfast room where we also had Afternoon Tea on Sunday, the Quill with live piano music and the Book Room to play games. The staff made each moment smooth with travel directions, cars, assistance at every turn. Felt like a private home. Could not have been more elegant and comfortable. We were miserable leaving :-).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel was amazing! Probably the best staff in a hotel my husband and I have ever encountered!!! The room, although not large, was very comfortable. The linens on the bed were beautiful and made for a wonderful nights sleep. The bathroom was beautiful, spacious and extremely clean!! The shower head was great and felt wonderful after being out and about all day. The service in the restaurant was spectacular. We ate breakfast every morning and the food was delicious. We had breakfast included in our daily rate, or it might have been rather pricey to eat there everyday. Breakfast for the two of us was about $95 with tip. Our last evening we ate at Plume and it was a wonderful dining experience. We were also greeted warmly whenever we either left the hotel or came in to the hotel. The iced tea in the afternoon was a nice treat! We did take cabs everywhere, usually about a $10-15 fare. We even took a cab to Old Town Alexandria which was $25. We are not subway people so the cabs were the easiest for us. The tour the hotel recommended was great, 6 hours and very informative. All in all, DC was a great trip and this hotel was wonderful!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

As a local of DC I of course have seen and know of The Jefferson but had not visited. Impressed from the moment of check in to check out. Staff extremely courteous and helpful. Beautiful style throughout. My suite was magnificent. Bedding gorgeous and quite comfortable. When I was not working, most of my time was spent in the bathing suite. I had such a great time I forgot I was there on business and forgot I was in my own hometown. Peace. Thank you to the entire staff. I plan on coming back (this time with my husband)!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I am pretty loyal to the Willard here in DC but they now have some serious competition! I had just spent several days at the Willard and a friend was coming into town and wanted to try out the Jefferson so I moved over for 2 nights. The Jefferson pretty much has everything right! The staff were outstanding, the hotel beautiful, and one of the the best things for me was the awesome soaking tub in my Deluxe Suite! Not many hotels, have soaking tubs and it was not something I was actually expecting but when I walked into my room and saw it I was one happy girl!

The location is great, the room/bed more than comfortable and of course what makes a 5 star hotel a 5 star hotel is the staff and this is definitely a 5 star hotel. They are completely unobtrusive yet there to fulfil every wish.

I HIGHLY recommend this hotel if in the DC area.

Room Tip: Get one with a soaker tub.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Jefferson, Washington DC? Share your experiences!