Upscale. We stayed for several nights in May 2013. On May 8 there was some kind of an official event on the premises and the President of the United States himself participated. Thanks God we were travelling that day and didn't get under examination by the Security Service (not that we have something to hide, but this is never pleasant). Concierge called us one day before the event and warned that the whole block will be blocked by the Security Service and we need to have IDs on us to get inside. But all in all this is really classy hotel. Top notch. The concierge looked so important at his working desk as if he was an executive VP of some major investment bank on Manhattan. I was always in doubt whether I have to say "hello" to him or better not to bother such an important man. But the service was great. The room service very nice (I liked that they offered an option of salad instead of french fries with the club sandwich - healthy choice!) The room was exceptionally clean, the linen and all materials and furniture in the room were of really high quality (then again I would be surprised to have anything of lower quality for such price). Great minibar. The room itself was not large, but OK. The bathroom was great and very comfortable. Walking distance from the White House and the National Mall. Great place to stay, if you can afford it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Jefferson, Washington's second most prestigious address. Distinguished, sophisticated and discreet, this 95-room luxury boutique hotel exemplifies all that its namesake, Thomas Jefferson, held dear -intricately thought-out design, twenty elegantly appointed suites, the most modern amenities including a petite spa, culinary excellence and exceptional personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Amex, Expedia, Odigeo, BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Jefferson, Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jefferson, Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Jefferson Hotel Washington Dc