My husband, teenaged son, and I stayed 5 nights at The Jefferson. We came to Washington to see the sights for spring break. We booked a deluxe suite and were pleased with the generous space and amenities. With a teenager having that space was especially welcome to us. It is rare to have an ample selection of towels in a bathroom -- I really appreciated that! The tv in the mirror is a nice touch, too. I soaked my weary body each night in the tub and enjoyed the tv at the same time! The shower was wonderful - so nice to have such good water pressure -- and it was a nice size, too. It was nice to arrive to a room that had bottled water, fresh fruit and even chocolate covered pretzels waiting the first night. Several nights we found salted caramels and other goodies left for us as well. We enjoyed breakfast in the dining room each morning and found the menu to be excellent and service to be attentive without being intrusive. The fitness center is very small but the equipment is extremely well maintained, and I liked finding a fresh towel and bottle of water at the treadmill each morning. After a day of walking, walking and more walking it was refreshing to be welcomed back by doormen who genuinely seemed happy to see us. The concierge had wonderful dinner recommendations - we didn't have a single bad meal! My ONLY complaint is that I wished we could have had firmer pillows -- that's just a personal preference and likely not a big deal to most. I left a note for housekeeping asking for additional pillows and we returned to several -- there was a genuine desire to make us feel comfortable and we appreciated that. Our final night I insisted my boys (husband and son) dress for dinner and we ate at Plume. It was excellent -- the service, presentation, and flavorful dishes made for a magnificent ending to a fabulous stay. Other reviews remarked about the price -- indeed the property is pricey but in Washington most everything is -- here you'll find value for that price, elegance and old world charm (not to mention history) that's missing at big chain hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Jefferson, Washington's second most prestigious address. Distinguished, sophisticated and discreet, this 95-room luxury boutique hotel exemplifies all that its namesake, Thomas Jefferson, held dear -intricately thought-out design, twenty elegantly appointed suites, the most modern amenities including a petite spa, culinary excellence and exceptional personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, Preferred Hotels, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your The Jefferson, Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jefferson, Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Jefferson Hotel Washington Dc