We stayed for 2 nights in early December and couldn't have been more impressed with the hotel and service. Upon walking in, you are not entering a conventiinal, bustling lobby but a cozy atrium of sorts and receptionists seated at desks over to the right bring you to the desks and register you in plush, seated comfort and offer refreshment. Their demeanor is very professional yet warm.
Along the walls hang a few original documents with Jefferson's signature as you walk to the elevators. They have retained some of the original markings of the historic hotel while elevating comfort and convenience during the renovation. The rooms are rather stately in their decor but still very comfortable and the bathrooms are large and have every modern amenity.
Maybe most impressive is the service. My husband took advantage of their free shoe shining and one article of clothing pressed services and both were carried out smoothly. In fact, my husband was waiting for the pressed shirt to return before dinner and realized it was already hanging in closet on a nice wooden hanger! And his shoes were waiting outside our door in the morning, nice and shiny :). They have turn down service which is actually worth something. Every evening we would return to find the room completely cleaned again and robes, slippers and water by both sides of the bed, reading lights on. But we never saw any maids! The hotel was so quiet it was as if we had it all to ourselves, and that invisible elves were cleaning everything. Incredible. The staff we did encounter was always warm and professional, with a ready smile and the doormen dress in top hat and coat tails. Lovely.
We would definitely stay here again if budget allows. A gem!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Jefferson, Washington's second most prestigious address. Distinguished, sophisticated and discreet, this 95-room luxury boutique hotel exemplifies all that its namesake, Thomas Jefferson, held dear -intricately thought-out design, twenty elegantly appointed suites, the most modern amenities including a petite spa, culinary excellence and exceptional personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Preferred Hotels, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your The Jefferson, Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jefferson, Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Jefferson Hotel Washington Dc