I stayed here on a number of occasions on business trips to DC, and this hotel is really special. It's a far cry from the boring, look-a-like big chain hotels, and not much more expensive. The rooms are spectacular with their period furnishings. The lobby is gorgeous and recalls a far more refined and sophisticated period of travel. The staff is just fantastic, they are incredibly attentive, and they all seem to appreciate that they work in a historical landmark building.
The location is great, just a few blocks north of the White House, and within walking distance of most of downtown DC businesses and restaurants. My wife and I love this place, and my only regret is that now that we live in the DC area we don't visit it as often as we used to. If you are looking for a truly exceptional and unique experience that is as diametrically oppposite as possible to the big chain hotels this is the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Jefferson, Washington's second most prestigious address. Distinguished, sophisticated and discreet, this 95-room luxury boutique hotel exemplifies all that its namesake, Thomas Jefferson, held dear -intricately thought-out design, twenty elegantly appointed suites, the most modern amenities including a petite spa, culinary excellence and exceptional personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Preferred Hotels, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your The Jefferson, Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jefferson, Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Jefferson Hotel Washington Dc