“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Hay-Adams

You added The Hay-Adams to your Saves list
The Hay-Adams
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16th & H Sts. NW, One Lafayette Square, Washington DC, DC 20006 (National Mall)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Discover DC
Ranked #2 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
New York
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Our stay at Hay Adams this past August was outstanding. We were in DC for a long weekend. My husband, 6 year old daughter and myself. The staff was incredibly helpful without being at all pretentious. A rare gem.

Room Tip: We chose an inside room because we wanted limited noise at night. It was a perfect choice.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I can not say enough wonderful things about the Hay-Adams staff. I recently got married at the hotel, and the weekend was absolutely perfect! The entire staff was gracious and went above and beyond to accommodate every request and ensure the comfort of our family and friends. It was truly amazing. The rooms are absolutely stunning, you don’t feel like you’re in a hotel! And, the catering staff—wow! Our reception was a dream come true—food was delicious, service was excellent! Alison Okobi and her team were an absolute pleasure to work with and plan our special day!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HansBrulandHA, General Manager at The Hay-Adams, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Kate S.,

Congratulations! We are thrilled you chose us to make your wedding day special. Thank you for the wonderful comments about our team – they really do go above and beyond to make our guests’ experiences memorable. I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. I hope you will contact me personally for your return to our beautiful property for your anniversary. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Hans Bruland
VP/General Manager
hbruland@hayadams.com
202-638-6600
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Hay-Adams is grand and luxurious in everyway. I stayed here as part of a small group holding a meeting at the hotel. Was informed at check-in that I had been upgraded to a "junior suite" - lucky me! The room was large with a seperate seating area, finely furnished, clean and comfortable. I enjoyed the Bose Wave CD player provided with a selection of CD's. Nice touch. Comfortable bed. Bathroom was functional and modern. Public spaces are beautiful and reminiscent of a bye gone era of quality construction and great attention to detail. The view of the White House from the roof top is unique for DC. Front desk staff was professional and helpful. Overall I could not ask for a better experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear DineOutOften10,

What a splendid review! The preservation of traditional charm and luxury is a key element in making our hotel very special. And our views truly are the best in the City! I will pass along your thoughtful comments to our team, who will be encouraged by your remarks. We look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful hotel soon.

Hans Bruland
VP/General Manager
hbruland@hayadams.com
202-638-6600
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is a "grown-up" hotel although our three children very much enjoy staying here. There is the air of privacy and security and all the staff get to know the guests very quickly. Superb service....I highly recommend a suite interconnecting with a second bedroom for families. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in DC. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012
Pepin, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful historic hotel very close to the White House. Short $16.00 cab ride from DCA. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable but the service is what sets this hotel apart from other hotels in the area. The doormen felt like old friends, always willing to help with any request. It is an expensive hotel but you truly get an amazing experience at the Hay Adams. Starbucks is a block and a half away, don't let the long line scare you, it moves very quickly. Stay here if your budget allows, you won't be sorry.

• Stayed July 2012
Landenberg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed at the Hay Adams over the weekend, and were very happy with our stay. I chose the hotel mostly because of its proximity to The Mall, and the overhang for valet parking/unloading. I was traveling with my special needs daughter, who requires a wheelchair, so the latter feature was really a must. The hotel's positive reviews also reinforced my decision. I would love to stay at this hotel again. The staff was friendly and very polite and professional. The hotel itself was beautiful, and had a historic (but not stuffy) feel. Despite the upscale look of the hotel and staff, I felt perfectly comfortable wearing shorts and t-shirts, and I felt my 8 year old was treated very warmly. The hotel really went above and beyond my expectations as far as service. From the moment of our arrival, we were promptly assisted by valet and bell services with our luggage. When we required our car from Valet, it came very quickly, and when we ordered from room service, our food always arrived in well under 30 minutes. I can't recall ever staying at a hotel where the service was so consistently prompt.

Montclair, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

...as the second best address in Washington, DC. Every detail is attended to by the finest staff. Lovely architectural features and soothing decor, plus a stunning view from our 8th floor suite. Special thanks to the world's most attentive reservationist, Ms. Gina Pratt, who provided detailed descriptions of the rooms and services available. We could not have been happier and look forward to returning.

Room Tip: If possible speak with the wonderful reservationist, Gina Pratt.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Hay-Adams? Share your experiences!