You added The Carlyle Dupont Circle, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
The Carlyle Dupont Circle, a Kimpton Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1731 New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20009 (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Loyalty Rewarded
Ranked #45 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
New York City, New York
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Great location, friendly staff (Abou- you the man), and clean rooms (kitchen included!)
Def best hotel in this price range- wish I could've stayed longer than just two nights.

Will be my go to hotel for future business trips in the area :)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Bria D, Manager at The Carlyle Dupont Circle, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
HenryChangNYC, thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! I am glad our location, rooms and price worked great for you! I am SURE Abou will love your comment! But I totally agree with you! He IS some kind of awesome and we are lucky to have him! Thanks again Henry, you always have a home away from home with us! We will see you soon!!

Bria D.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I was new in Washington DC didn't really know where to go. I checking in this hotel was the best decision ever. Rebecca was great she is the boom she helped me everything I needed. She was always a phone call away.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you cynthe1 for letting us know you enjoyed your visit! I will pass on the thank you to Rebecca, I am so happy she was able to make your stay memorable. We hope to welcome you again soon!

Bria D
Centurion, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I'm just finishing my first stay at this hotel, 12 days on business (so I've had ample time to get to know if). You can find fancier in DC, but I doubt that you can find a better value or nicer staff. It's one of the many places in this town that has been converted from small apartments to hotel suites - a trend that goes back at least to the '80's. But this is the nicest of that type that I've seen. My suite was clear, well-furnished, and comfortable. Housekeeping was excellent, front desk personnel as helpful and friendly as could be. The General Manager, whom I met at breakfast, said that they are going to do some room renovations, but honestly my room was just fine as is. I did not try the restaurant for dinner, but the full American breakfast is excellent - $15 if not included in your room rate. An interesting mix of clientele - business people, international tourists, and NGO groups. 5 minutes on foot from Dupont Circle and the Metro station there, so very convenient. Recommended!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back, away from New Hampshire Ave. and the elevators, are very quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Bria D, Manager at The Carlyle Dupont Circle, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, September 22, 2014
Hi Phil C, thank you for taking the time to review us! Five stars is music to my eyes (If that’s possible!!)! I’m so glad you enjoyed our converted rooms, staff and delicious breakfast! Renovations are coming soon and we are excited to improve our guest’s experience. Can’t wait to see you again soon!

Bria D.
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We had a room with two double beds, a pull-out couch, and a kitchenette. The decor was modern and clean. The beds had Tempurpedic mattresses and were very comfortable. Although the bathroom was nice, the sink, toilet and shower were all in the same small room with just a couple hooks to hang wet towels (we had six people). There was a small room just outside the bathroom with a stool, counter and mirror, but there were no additional places to hang towels. They had a card saying that they would not switch out towels unless we put them on the shower floor in an effort save water, but with no places to hang your towels to dry, I don't see how that would work (we only stayed one night). Our solution would have just been to put all the towels on the floor, as much as I believe in water conservation. A very small problem overall, though.

We loved the location and walked to the DuPont Italian Kitchen for an al fresco dinner that was a block away. The hotel was about three or four blocks away from the DuPont Circle Metro Station, and we took the metro to the National Mall (Smithsonian stop) to see the monuments at night. I absolutely loved the location of the hotel.

The hotel offers $39 valet parking per day, which we took advantage of because we were exhausted from our sightseeing, but I later saw a parking garage about a block away that offered overnight parking for $22. So, if you're cost-conscious you may want to check it out. Their breakfast buffet looked like it offered a lot of food, but it was about $15/person. We chose to again walk to a little cafe for breakfast.

Overall, a very nice hotel, but if you're cost conscious, be sure to take advantage of the great neighborhood around it.

Room Tip: Corner rooms had a great corner window to really see more of the area.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Lizann T, Front Office Manager at The Carlyle Dupont Circle, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2014
Dear EFGH_12,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with other travelers. I am pleased that you found the Carlyle Suites to be lovely as described. We are also quite fortunate to be in such a remote and quite location which is also Metro accessible and work out well for our guests. I can understand the concern for parking as we try to maintain reasonable pricing for this area.
We also appreciate the comments regarding our green program and will take your feedback into full consideration.
Overall, thank you for selecting the Carlyle Suites and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best Regards,
Lizann Thompson
Front Office Manager
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We just returned from 4 nights at the Carlyle Suites. We selected it for the DuPont Circle location and because of the high reviews on Trip Advisor. We originally booked the smallest room with one double bed and thanks to an alert from Trip Advisor was able to rebook a room with two double beds for an even lower rate. We were in room #328.

The bed was comfortable, the shower was good, liked the little dressing area next to bathroom. Our biggest peeve was that there was no chair to sit in. There was a small high table with two stools but that is not a place to sit and relax. If we wanted to read we had to sit in bed. And it would have been handy to have an electrical outlet near the table. There was just one power strip between the beds.

There were no towel racks in the bathroom so we could not dry out our towels so we couldn't be "green" and reuse them.

When I asked the front desk about transportation to IAD the only curt response was "take a taxi." Which is $70. When I asked him about SuperShuttle or the Silver Line Metro, he said, "yes, you can call them."

We ate at Dupont Italian Kitchen on 17th two nights, and really enjoyed Kramerbooks Cafe for three breakfasts and evening cocktails.

When we return to Washington DC we will stay in the same area but may check out another hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Susu A, Manager at The Carlyle Dupont Circle, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2015
Hello LoveToTravel524,

I sincerely appreciate your comments as these give us the opportunity to continuously focus on improvement. Your experience with said agent does not reflect our guest service philosophy and I deeply apologize for that. I will share your review with the team to ensure this does not happen again.
Our amenities are designed to make you feel right at home, such as our tempur-pedic beds, spacious guest rooms equipped with kitchenettes and dressing areas adjacent to the bathrooms and I’m happy to hear that they were all to your liking. The Carlyle Suites is in the process of renovations and your suggestions will come in handy to improve the guest experience in our guest rooms. Thanks again for staying with us and hope to welcome you back in the future.

All the Best,

Susu
Normal, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

The Carlyle Suites is delightful! I have stayed at numerous hotels in the district and the Carlyle outshines them all. The room was large and included a kitchenette, and had windows that opened onto a quiet tree lined street. Best of all the staff were absolutely outstanding. All were friendly, and very helpful but I wish to especially thank Rebecca and David - you are awesome!. The location is perfect - a short walk to the metro, DuPont Circle restaurants, other shops and is in a pleasant, safe walkable neighborhood. When I come back to DC, the Carlyle is where I will stay. I simply loved it!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Bria D, Manager at The Carlyle Dupont Circle, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Janet G,
Thank you for sharing your delightful 5 star experience at the Carlyle Suites! It is very gratifying to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that you consider us the “Best Hotel in DC”! Thank you for your kind words and I cannot express how lucky we are to have Rebecca and David! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to our city!

Warm Regards,

Bria Del Villar
Front Desk Supervisor
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I was immediately impressed by the style and decor of this hotel upon entering the lobby. It has a distinctly art deco decor, which felt modern at the same time. The room, or "suite", was a small apartment equipped with a small kitchen, powder room, bath, and main bedroom with living and dining area. This is big by the standards I am used to! The room was very clean. The staff was polite and helpful. Thank you, Rebecca, for helping out with directions. The hotel was just busy enough to feel vibrant, but I never had to wait for service. The location was perfect for my needs, being very close to Dupont Circle. I walked everywhere, and felt safe. The neighborhood is also quite beautiful, and I enjoyed looking at the homes as I walked to my work every morning. My only criticism is that the internet was slow.

Dear Christina M,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the Carlyle Suites Hotel! We appreciate the time you take to share your experience with other travelers. My apologies regarding the wifi not operating at blazing speed upon your connect times, this can sometimes be as a result of several guests connecting simultaneously however I am delighted that you were impressed by all the comfort and style at our Art Deco landmark. I will be certain to recognize Rebecca for a job well done is providing those directions to you to make travel easy around the city.
If travel allows you to return to the Nation’s Capital, you are always welcomed at the Carlyle Suites!
Best Regards,
Lizann Thompson
Front Office Manager

Been to The Carlyle Dupont Circle, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!