“search no further this is the place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Carlyle Dupont Circle, a Kimpton Hotel

You added The Carlyle Dupont Circle, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
The Carlyle Dupont Circle, a Kimpton Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1731 New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20009 (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Valet Parking
Ranked #48 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
Bellevue, Washington
“search no further this is the place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

WOW! 6 days at the Carlyle for business was the best hotel stay ever. The staff is wonderful. They make you feel at home and comfortable. The room was quiet and the bed heavenly; best nights sleep ever. I normally miss my bed at home but this time I miss the hotel bed! BUT the pièce de résistance was TWIST the restaurant. Mediterranean with a lot of Moroccan influence was a total delight. I cannot sing their praises enough. Every dinner was a treat, but I did get hung up on the Tiramisu. If you have to be in DC or want to go to DC, you must stay here. You will be so happy. This is a more European style hotel and it is just a delight. I would recommend this for anyone who wants to relax and be comfortable and enjoy wonderful food. When was the last time you had a real Ceasar salad where it was really good and you ate all of it because you enjoyed every bite? Needs more stars!

Room Tip: I was on the 8th floor very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

My favorite part of my three week stay at Carlyle Suites was being welcomed home by the staff as I returned at the end of the day. The service by all the staff I encountered was impeccable and made all the difference during my long trip.
The beds were nice, a little harder than I am used to, but one of the nicest hotel beds I've ever slept on, a small but efficient kitchen and overall very clean.
I look forward to spending another 3 weeks at the hotel upon my return to DC.

Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Found a great deal last minute through the hotel (not a website). The hotel staff was very nice, making me feel very comfortable throughout my stay. Room was wonderful, clean, and very comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Ormond Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Just returned from a 5 day stay at Carlyle Suites and would highly recommend a stay at this property. If you are looking for the Ritz Carlton don't stay here. If you are looking for a very comfortable, well maintained, very friendly, and well located in a nice area of DC than strongly consider this property. The staff are very friendly and helpful from the front desk, to the door personnel, and the restaurant staff. My room was well maintained and NOT worn (as mentioned in another review). The towels were first class, the bathroom appearing recently redone, the beds comfortable and the house keeping staff made sure the room was well maintained during our stay. The breakfast buffet was convenient and always gave our young ones a great start to our busy days. The cost of the buffet was reasonable (by big city prices) and was taken care of by a wonderful staff each morning. If you are looking for a very comfortable place to base your DC stay at a reasonable tariff strongly consider this property. Jeff

Room Tip: Lots of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
West Palm Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I stayed here with my 12-year-old son for 4 nights during spring break. The rooms were very clean, modern and comfortable, and we especially liked its location in a safe, quiet residential area near Embassy Row and DuPont Circle. It was a quick 5-minute walk to the Metro. All the staff were very friendly and helpful and the kitchenette, microwave, Keurig, and refrigerator were great for quick breakfasts before our day-trips. We definitely will return on our next trip to DC

Room Tip: The forced air heating unit was excellent. We were there during a cold snap, but our room was on a h...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I was much more pleased the first time I stayed here. The hotel is still in a quiet area of D.C. within easy walking distance of the Metro and DuPont Circle. It still has very comfy Tempurpedic beds. But the room I had this time was not as clean and very, very worn. Moreover, it was on the third floor overlooking a back alley that was filled with noisy mechanicals and the dumpster that gets emptied at 4am. At least that's what I think the loud bang was. I choose this hotel for its peace and quiet, and I didn't get anything close to it this time.

I was also annoyed, albeit only slightly, when the housekeeper failed to restock the Keurig K-cups in my room. When I called the front desk, they told me I could come down and get some. Thanks, I guess. How about you bring them up?

I also have a complaint about their room rate policy, if it even is that. I just don't like it when any hotel advertises a rate and then tells you they can't give you that rate on the dates you need, EVEN THOUGH THE HOTEL HAS ROOMS available. Yes, you can have a room, but no, you can't have it at that rate. While they may have the right to do this, it is a business practice that I find tremendously offensive.

This is definitely not a 5-star hotel. It is probably not a 4-star hotel either. But it is a solid 3-star that needs some updating and a review of its pricing policy before I will return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Simon A, Front Office Manager at The Carlyle Dupont Circle, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear 0567cg,
I am so sorry to hear that your second stay was not as quite nice as the first one. As you already know, this is not the impression we want you to depart with. Please help me know a little more about what happened so we can improve it and make it right for you. My direct e-mail is sattagba@carlylesuites.com or you can contact me directly at the hotel number 202.234.3200 ext 4901.
I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Best Regards! Simon Attagba, Front Office Manager
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

The hotel was very nice , great art deco decoration , really nice rooms with tasteful furnishings , the staffs there were always ready to help and were really friendly , the checkin was quick even though i was early . My bed was comfortable , the room was big enough , i had a very nice two nights there . Great location .

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear lucy x,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with others. I am very happy to hear that your two nights were very nice and you found the staff very helpful.
We know we will see you again on your next visit to Washington.
Best Regards! Simon Attagba, Front Office Manager