“4 Star experience at great price!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carlyle Suites Hotel

Save Saved
You added Carlyle Suites Hotel to your Saves list
Carlyle Suites Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1731 New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20009 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for two offer
Ranked #12 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Santa Monica, California
“4 Star experience at great price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has everything ... Friendly & helpful staff; large rooms with separate dressing area, sofa/sleeper sitting area; large tv that swivels from seating area to bedroom area; a kitchenette w/ Keurig coffee maker, dishware, fridge, microwave, and stovetop; and it close to restaurants, metro, and grocery store.

Our group of 5 stayed here very comfortably for 7 days! It has a cool Gatsby style in exterior and lobby with all modern in room style.

• Stayed June 2013
dtrezevant, Manager at Carlyle Suites Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Hello calgal405 ! ! !

Our entire team were humbled by your kind words in your review! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH! It is not often we have a chance to serve such a seasoned traveler. We look forward to seeing you next time you are Washington DC - from all of US at the Carlyle Suites Hotel - our deepest regards, David Trezevant, Resident Manager

1,311 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
hong kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a decent place to stay for 3 days that Wouldnt break my pockets but simultaneously Wouldnt compromise quality. I've stayed at the Avenue Suites before and loved it because of its all inclusive amenities and reasonable room rates (200/night avg) and I assumed from the other reviews I read that for the price, I could expect the same from Carlyle Suites. On to the point; when I walked in, the place had a really heavy and dark decor and vibe...it seems reminiscent of an Untouchables movies scene where you'd expect to find a murder chalk line around the next corner. Overall, your satisfaction with your room will totally depend on your expectations and quality threshold. I personally didn't like the dreary color scheme through the entire hotel, the limited dinner room service hours (5pm-10pm), the false advertisement of them having a fitness center when in reality they provide you with a one day pass to another location, VERY limited free and tight parking availability. I stayed in room 622(right near the elevator). The fridge didn't work, but otherwise everything else was operational. The kitchenette came equipped with a two eyed stove-top, Keurig coffee maker, fridge, microwave. The bathroom has no tub. No movies on the tv system if you're looking to veg out in the room. The bottom line is, if you're looking for a place to lie your head after indulging in DC's finest whilst keeping a few more dollars in your pocket, you won't sweat staying here. If you're into the wholesome hotel experience like myself, I recommend spending a few more dollars at the Avenue Suites.

Good afternoon Lawonin,

Thank you for share your experience with us! ! ! We review all guest comments with all of our teams always in an effort to improve our guest experience. We apologize that we did not give you our very best of service during your last stay. We look forward to having another privilege of welcoming you back again in the near future. Please contact me directly at dtrezevant@carlylesuites.com so I may make your arrangements personally. My best regards, David Trezevant, Resident Mgr.
Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The staff is very friendly and helpful.
The hotel is near restaurant row in two directions. It is in a neighborhood so you'll find what ever you need nearby. Taxi to the pier or the big train station was only $12.00 ish. So taxi travel is cheap in DC. Easy to walk around or grab a cab for about $5.00 to the neighborhood stuff.
My room had dust rising in the sunbeams from the sofa and chair cushions when I sat down. I was not happy and asked to have the furniture vacuumed. Don't think they did because the towels I covered everything with were still there.
I am missing a dress I wore on the airplane and which did not come home in my luggage.
Janice, at the hotel said it was not reported found. Where oh where did my expensive dress go? Would I go back? No.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Good afternoon KittyKatzONLINE,
First let me say . . . I simply apologize that we did not give you our very best of service during your stay. I would also like to know more about your experience personally - at your convenience of course PLEASE feel free to contact me directly at 202.735.8915 at anytime or email dtrezevant@carlylesuites.com.

When you do return to Washington DC I hope that you give us another opportunity and I will personally make all of your arrangements during your entire stay. Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community! My sincerest regards, David Trezevant, Resident Manager
Putnam Station, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife and I enjoy staying at The Carlyle Suites, very much. The rooms are suites. The staff have always been friendly and helpful (thank you David). They have a parking lot. They allow pets. It is in a nice part of town, convenient enough. You do not have to hit the ground running when you walk out the front door. There are plenty of hotels in Washington to choose from. Why don't you just go elsewhere, and keep The Carlyle Suites available for my wife and I.

Room Tip: Be polite to everyone.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
WELCOME HOME MARK ! We will miss you terribly until your next visit to Washington DC!
From our family here at the Carlyle Suites Hotel to yours! We can't wait to see you both again ! ! !
David Trezevant, Resident Mgr.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Very friendly welcome and check in, comfortable rooms with all the right amenities, great price. It may not be the fanciest hotel, but its got it in aces where it counts.

Overall, a great stay, in a great location, great staff, great service.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Snowbo! It was our sincere pleasure to take care of all of your family the last couple of days!!!!

Thank you for your sharing your vacation in Washington DC with us! I look forward to seeing all of you personally again when you return... My sincerest regards, David Trezevant, Resident Mgr.
Ann Arbor, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely three night stay here. Our room is a good size, with lots of light, windows on two sides and a kitchenette (the Safeway is nearby!). Everything is comfortable and convenient. The only criticism is that one morning we didn't get our wake up call, but otherwise this was a wonderful, Art Deco, convenient and comfy place to nest in DC. It would be a good place for a family or a couple. Good bet!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
dtrezevant, Manager at Carlyle Suites Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Good evening LJS13, THANK YOU for being a senior contributor to the TripAdvisor community! It was an honor to have you stay with us! I look forward to seeing you when you return to Washington DC. our best regards, David Trezevant, Resident Mgr.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Fabulous hotel and great base for our recent family holiday in DC. Kitchen in room was perfect for cooking our breakfast each morning and the local Safeway store perfect for stocking the fridge. Staff all really helpful. We can't wait to return!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Good evening Jonathan! It was a a pleasure to have you stay with us! We are so glad to hear that your family had a wonderful time with us! Thank you for choosing us and for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community! We look forward to seeing you & your family many more times in the near future!

Our sincere regards, David Trezevant, Resident Mgr

Been to Carlyle Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!