“Pet friendly.... and, the rooms are clean!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carlyle Suites Hotel

You added Carlyle Suites Hotel to your Saves list
Carlyle Suites Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1731 New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20009 (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #27 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
wasington, dc
“Pet friendly.... and, the rooms are clean!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I am a DC local. I needed a place to stay with my cats while I had work done on my condo. The location is walking distance from Dupont Circle, the rooms are very reasonably priced, and they take animals at no additional charge! The staff was extremely nice and helpful. They helped me get my cats upstairs. The room was small, but charming. I had a kitchenette in my room that included a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, and dishes. I had a tempurpedic mattress. And, I had a good hot shower.

It is extremely difficult to park in this neighborhood. The hotel has a few spaces that are free on a first come, first serve basis. If you drive, be prepared to pay for parking.

The hotel does not have a gym, but they offer a pass to Washington Sports Club. Dupont Circle has the nicest WSC in the area. It is about 5 blocks away.

Room Tip: I had a room facing the front/New Hampshire Avenue. This provided good light. I did not have any...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
CarlyleSuitesHotel, Manager at Carlyle Suites Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear RemoveYourShoes - Love your screen name by the way, because I do each and every time I come home! We hope you cats felt at home in our little Dupont Circle hotel... Thanks for the 5 star review and we hope to see you again our friend! Hope the work in the condo was seamless and fabulous! MarcAnthony

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
North Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We planned an impromptu trip to DC and needed a hotel. We found a room at the Carlyle at a very reasonable rate. The room was fully equiped with a working kitchen, eating area and large bathroom. We were very impressed with the great value for our money. The room was very clean and well maintained.
We appreciated the free wifi and excellent service provided by the staff. Also, there is complimentary parking available, which is a huge benefit in DC.
The hotel is situated very close to Dupont Circle, which means the metro is closeby. There are also great restaurants in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
"Great Value for the Money" - What else could we ask for!!! Thank you SATraveller25! We just love you for the 5 circle review! Thank you my friend and hope to see you as a guest soon!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have stayed at many DC hotels. I would rate this one of my best experiences.
The entire staff were friendly, helpful, professional and seem happy to work here.
Neighborhood is residential yet a short walk to everything I wanted.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Hi Susan - Really? You would rate this one as the best experience? I LOVE THAT! Thank you! Thank you for the review and taking the time to mentioning us on TripAdvisor! You always have a home at our little DC hotel in Dupont Circle - MarcAnthony
Helensvale, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Spacious comfortable room, separate kitchenette, walk in robe, bathroom and good size lounge area with convertible bed and comfortable main bed. We, 2 adults and a 9 year old, felt very comfortable here for our 3 nights stay.

Reception staff always smiling and friendly. A small walk (say 5 blocks) to the metro and simple metro swop to Washington Mall area that opens up many tourist areas. 1-2 blocks to many restaurants and convenience stores. Nice neighborhood.

Service levels were good and attentive. Overall a nice stay with no issues, smooth check in and check out procedures.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sonjabs! What else can I say but THANK YOU for the 5 circle review!? Smooth checkin and check-out are the basics and glad we made the grade! Your approval and review make a big a difference to us. Warm hugs, - MarcAnthony
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Well situated in a central and convenient neighborhood. Amiable staff. Rooms are spacious, quiet and well organized and include a kitchenette which is very convenient. Great that they accept pets. My chihuahua Allegro felt welcomed (despite not recieving a treat on check-in). Would definitely return next trip to DC.

Room Tip: We had a room facing an alley way which was quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Rosaline - Your kind words about our DC boutique hotel are very appreciated! Thank you for speaking to our central Dupont Circle hotel location, our firendly staff and pet friendly DC hotel accommodations! Warm Regards - MarcAnthony
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The Carlyle Suites Hotel is excellent. With helpful bellhops and a friendly smile and greeting everytime you enter, when they welcome you home, they mean it. With a great location 1 block from a main resturant street and a short walk to the bus stop and Dupont Circle, the location of this hotel is superb. The room was large and very clean. We were upgraded to a larger room free of charge as it was our first time staying at the Carlyle. With a special thank you to Bernadette and Abou. The free Wi-Fi was reliable and great to have. This hotel overall was excellent. We will definifitly stay at the Carlyle again!

Room Tip: Theron what I can tell, all rooms are great, floors 2-7 are non-smoking and floor 8 allows smoking.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jayden - Verry Clean, friendly smiles and free WiFi is all we can ask for! Thank you for the kind review! Hope you had a safe trip back to Queensland! Warm Regards - MarcAnthony
Perth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I liked this hotel - although the silver and black Art Deco theme is a bit overdone,and the metal furniture is a bit clunky, it really has a lot of plus points. The room is spacious and well laid out; there is plenty of room to move around with distinct living, dining, sleeping areas. The bed is excellent. Storage space is good. The shower is excellent. I didn't watch much TV but it is large flat screen. My room faced the back and there was literally no outside noise to disturb sleep. The location is reassuringly quiet and residential and is surrounded by good places to eat and bookstores. A taxi to the World Bank cost only $7-8 and it takes about 15-20 minutes to walk down 19th St.

I didn't have much engagement with the staff but where I did they were pleasant and helpful. I had to cancel my previous booking because of Hurricane Sandy and a quick phone call was all it needed; and similarly my re-booking was efficiently dealt with. I would happily choose to stay there again.

Room Tip: A room at the back is exceptionally quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Carlyle Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!