“Excellent Stay for the Money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carlyle Suites Hotel

Save Saved
You added Carlyle Suites Hotel to your Saves list
Carlyle Suites Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1731 New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20009 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for two offer
Ranked #19 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
Houston, Texas
“Excellent Stay for the Money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My first stay in Washington DC and I was told to stay at the Embassy Row/DuPont Circle area because it is safe and close to good restaurants and accessible to the train station. I compared different hotels in the area and checked all the ratings and found Carlyle Suite Hotel to meet all my criteria for a very good hotel at a reasonable price. True to the ratings, the hotel has great staff, the room is very clean and complete with everything that you need. They let me checked in 3 hours before the check in time which is always great after an early morning travel. I highly recommend the hotel and the location.

Room Tip: Request for a lower floor. I was given a corner suite with a complete kitchen setting.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
CarlyleSuitesHotel, Manager at Carlyle Suites Hotel, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Hey there esonnieratglobal2020! Super review for the Carlyle Suites Hotel! Thank you so very much! Thank you for pointing out the value of our Dupont Circle Hotel. We try to keep our rates reasonable and our amenities up-to-date! Hope you enjoyed the Tempur-pedic beds, kitchens and the gourmet Keurig coffee machines. If you make it back from Houston, please give us another try! Thanks again! MarcAnthony

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Had a really good three-night stay here. They'd given us a corner room on the 6th floor which easily fit two adults, a toddler and a baby in a portable cot supplied by the hotel. The kitchenette was handy for washing up baby bottles and the coffee was excellent. Beds were amazingly comfy.

The area is really pretty and mostly quiet, on a street with lots of embassies. On the Saturday night there was a drunken idiot shouting outside for a while which was pretty annoying but you run the risk of that in any city! There are plenty of good eating options nearby at Dupont Circle (about a 5-10 minute walk), including Firehook bakery which has loads of amazing pastries. There's a metro station at Dupont Circle too so it's pretty easy to get to most attractions (think most of the metro stations have lifts so you can take buggies around) and a big CVS pharmacy/ where you can get baby stuff and food and drink (not fresh stuff but things like pizza, cereal, snacks etc).

I had to email them before the trip to arrange the cot and they were really helpful and quick to reply. Didn't eat in the in-house restaurant but it looked quite nice. Staff were all really friendly, the hotel is a nice art deco-ey style and was well-kept. And all for about the same price as you'd get a characterless chain hotel room or an average b&b in the UK. I'd thoroughly recommend it!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the biggest.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear SMBXX - We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay (especially the comfy Tempur Pedic beds) in our Dupont Circle hotel! I am so happy you discovered Firehook Bakery! So delicious! Hope you had a safe trip back to Brighton! Cheers - MarcAnthony
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Pluses- decent location, free parking and (slow) Internet. Washer and dryer in basement. Clean, friendly staff. $13 Buffet breakfast w/custom-made omelets. Frig and microwave in room. Negative - older hotel, no movies available.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CarlyleSuitesHotel, Manager at Carlyle Suites Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Hi Roy! Thanks for the 4 circle review! Thanks for making a point to mention the location, staff and free parking we think those are our best amenities! Indeed we are an older hotel. We have been making improvements along the way such as adding 37" HD flat screen televisions by Samsung, Tempur-Pedic beds, gourmet Keurig coffee makers in each rooms and premium cable television. I will check out the WiFi for you to make sure we get it running again at full capacity. I am hoping we just need to reboot the router. Thanks for mentioning it. Roy - We are making enhancements every month! Be sure to give us another try. We promise you won't be disappointed! Warm Regards, MarcAnthony
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed one night in the Carlyle Suites while on a business trip and was very pleased with the hotel. The staff was friendly, competent, and helpful (I'm usually glad to get two out of three). The room was clean and had a very usable layout. There were a few decorating quirks such as a surface mounted electrical box and light switches in unexpected places that speak to the age of the building and the compromises that come with renovations. These did not negatively impact my stay, but I mention them in case you're very sensitive to a room's decorations. I didn't make use of the kitchen facilities in the room.

The location was great with a scenic 10 minute walk past embassies to the DuPont Circle metro station. There were also several restaurants and other retail near DuPont Circle with an easy hop to Union Station. I look forward to staying at the Carlyle on a future trip when I can spend a little more time there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
CarlyleSuitesHotel, Manager at Carlyle Suites Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Hi Bill! Thanks for the great review detailing your recent stay of our Dupont Circle Hotel!
Please do make it a point to stay longer... there is so much to do and see like the Phillips Collection Museum, a 20 minute walk to the White House, great food along 14th Street and an easy walk down the U Street Corridor or up to Adams Morgan for a little live music! If you come, try to plan it around Christmas time or even better... Cherry Blossom Season! It's a magical time of year! See you soon! MarcAnthony
Moncks Corner, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My friend and I decided to stay at the Carlyle Suites Hotel based on their trip advisor rating and we were very impressed with this hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and they even upgraded our room since we were not able to check in early. They helped us find our way around the city and made great suggestions on things to do. The room was very large & clean. I really felt this hotel was safe and the staff was trustworthy. In order to take the elavator to each floor, you must have a room key to insert. < Nice feature I thought. You could walk anywhere you wanted to go or just walk about 7 minutes to Dupont Circle and catch the Metro. I would stay here again for sure. Great Value & Clean Hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Hi Morgan! Your review is GREATLY appreciated and how sweet of you to mention the staff. I think they are our BEST amenity personally! (he he he). Thanks for mentioning the elevator key security feature too... some guests thinks its strange.... glad you found it kind of nice! Its funny, I actually look for that now when I travel. Please let us know when you are ready to revisit. We would love to personally assist you with your next reservation. Just email me at mcrimi@greataddresses.com. Warm Regards - MarcAnthony
Berrien Springs, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Because our daughter lives in the Dupont Circle area of the city, she has booked us into this hotel a number of times over the past 3-4 years. During every experience the entire staff from the doorman-bell hops through the front desk folks and manager to the housekeeping [very good!] seemed to know that the guests were special. Each seemed to go out of his/her way to be helpful without being obnoxious. Jordan and Simon were most helpful during our last visit.

The art-deco style is unique and well done, especially in the guest rooms.

Located a half mile east of Dupont Circle in a safe 'walking' neighborhood, one can blend
in that way or the staff will easily find a cab.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CarlyleSuitesHotel, Manager at Carlyle Suites Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you Longintheway for the lovely review and for frequently returning to the Carlyle Suites Hotel! That is the best compliment we could every receive! I will be sure to pass along your comments to the team, especially Housekeeping, Simon and Jordan. Please send our thanks to your daughter for sending you our way! Warm Regards, MarcAnthony and team!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Loved this place! The staff seemed generally interested in how I was doing, was I happy with my resteraunt choice, could they help with directions (yes!) how was I feeling? More than the usual "can I get you a cab?" or "help w your luggage?" Room was awesome with a small kitchen like area that had REAL dishes available along w a Keurig. A cafe style table w two stools allowed me to enjoy my coffee while not crowding my working area on the full size desk. Bathroom was updated with modern fixtures. Close to good places to eat, a nice bar area, and quaint neighborhood makes this a winner. Not sure how close to major attractions, but I was there on business.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ladysinger - How super are you to have written a review on the worlds largest hotel site! We greatly appreciated your words and hope you will come back to Washington when you not on business and have time to see our Nation's capital in all its glory! Until then! Happy Holiday's! MarcAnthony

Been to Carlyle Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!