Stayed at the Capitol Hilton November 2012. GREAT location, central to EVERYTHING! Near Metro and around the corner from the White House. Medium size rooms, VERY comfortable beds! Large LCD flat screen TV. Strong shower and plenty of under sink storage for toiletries. Very nice, accommodating and helpful staff.
Here are the draw backs:
- No refrigerator in the room, so if you need one, simply request it and they will deliver it and NO CHARGE
- The heat is centrally controlled and it is turned on at a certain time of year....it was NOT on the last week in November and it was very COLD in the room. The good news is that they provided a space heater, again at no additional charge
- They have a nice gym onsite which also offers classes. The downside is that you have to be at a certain level of Hilton Honors membership in order to use the gym for free, otherwise if you have not reached that Hilton Honors level, you are charged $15 per day to use the gym. I was there for 4 days and it adds up!
- Hotel restaurant is VERY expensive for breakfast and forget about ordering room service... with the cost and the fees...FORGET ABOUT IT! If you want breakfast, plenty of great restaurants in the area plus the Cosi 1 block away is starting delivery service. So in the meantime, put your coat over your pajamas, walk a block to Cosi, bring it back to the room and have breakfast and hot coffee in bed that way!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hilton Hotels, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Capital Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capital Hilton Hotel Washington Dc
- Hilton Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hilton