“Great stay for business” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Capital Hilton

Save Saved
You added Capital Hilton to your Saves list
Capital Hilton
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 16th St NW, corner K & 16th Street, Washington DC, DC 20036 (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Rates from $159!
Ranked #81 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great stay for business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I chose to stay at the Capitol Hilton for a recent business trip because of its close proximity to the office I was visiting. I got in around 9pm and was tired so I was grateful that the check-in process was incredibly quick. The concierge was very helpful in giving me a list of restaurants for dinner, but alas most of them were too formal/pricey for what I was looking for. I opted for room service instead. It came very quickly—in fact so quickly I was still out of the room checking my email in the lobby. Room service didn’t leave a note or anything so I had to wait for them to come back and the food was a little colder than desired =/. However, one amazing thing was the staff at the front desk. I needed to print a few documents but didn’t want to go to the pricey business center for one staffer offered to print it at the front desk for no charge. I know this is typical, but he even gave me a card so I can email him other documents I might need to print in the morning (which I did). Overall very satisfied.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

1,174 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

This was my first time staying at a Hilton hotel. I was pleased with the friendliness of guest services. Everyone was so pleasant. Check in was a breeze. The room was a little on the small side but very clean. It rained my first night there & my signal on tv kept fading out. I loved the black out curtains in the room...makes napping during the day AWESOME!! :) The concerge was great & very helpfl. We needed several things throughout our stay and the staff was happy to assist us. The housekeeping staff was great! The doormen were great! Everyone seemed to really enjoy their job which made my stay pleasant. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012
Imane B, Manager at Capital Hilton, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your Tripadvisor review. Your gracious feedback is quite refreshing and very reassuring. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and your visit to the Nation's Capital. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to the historic Capital Hilton in the future
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Just got back from DC tonight awaiting hurricane Sandy in Rehoboth Arrived with semi-flat tire Mohammad the awesome door man saw it so I knew I was in for problems before heading home today after conference called AAA they arrived no spare tire; Mohammad cleared crowded area to allow tow truck to come and get my beamer out of there to mak's for new tire. He is prince and his staff is awesome I can't imagine a more difficult job watching all that craziness in such a small area. Everyone in that hotel could not have been nicer - housekeeper warmest greeting; breakfast women awesome and so was food; bar staff quick and professional and actually cordial to a 60 year old woman - me. Only downside was room facing 16th on fifth floor only flimsy curtains the heavy curtains don't move across them. Allows in more sound and light than needed. I guess cause gentlemen's club across street wanted to see us hot old ladies even if we were only watching weather channel and asleep by 11.

Room Tip: get room not low floor facing 16th st
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
beachwood, ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Biked down from the C&O and was worried where to keep our bikes. Showed up at the hotel and it was "no Problem" whatsoever-keep them with the bellman and take them out when you need them. Perfect.Besides that the hotel is plush comfortable, quiet and the beds are to die for. And the location? Pretty much perfect-lots of restaurants and just a short stroll to the the White House and Mall...Couldn't be happier with the way the staff accommodated us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Cancun
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

It's a Hilton, nothing spectacular but great location. What it seriously lacks is service. In 24 hrs i have received 9 different room card key because they never work, i have had to wait to somebody to take my to my room because the card keys don't seem to work (mine and all others in executive floors. Today the guy at front desk seemed to barely care about my problem and my (obviously) bad mood (just minutes ago). Finally at my room... I have not a single towel. Yesterday cockroaches at the coffee machine, and the manager: "Really?" C'mon!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
gbrown231, General Manager at Capital Hilton, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Again I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced while staying with us. I’ve worked team members to correct all issues mentioned. Thank you once again for your comments and we hope to have another chance to serve you.
Hartford, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I spent a week here in October. It is close to the White House and in a good part of town. Service was adequate. It is not opulent and fairly expensive but such is DC. I had an executive suite on a private floor (card access). Nice place with a sofa bed and second TV. Very quiet room. Bathroom small but adequate for 1-2 people. Bed was comfortable. There was a continental breakfast in the executive lounge. Not much else. I am glad I didn't pay a fee for lounge access. Not very exciting. Rarely had a concierge on duty. They advertised hors d'oeuvres in the evening but never anything out when I checked. Health club was attached and free to Hilton Honors members. It was ok but nothing to brag about. Again, would not pay for the experience.

Room Tip: Upgrade with points, not $.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lincroft, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

The room was a good size and the bed was comfortable. Nice location super close to the White House. Everything was very clean and requests made for extra towels and toiletries was answered very quickly. Concierge was knowledgeable and pleasant. Down sides...the noise from the street was pretty loud until around 2AM and we were charged 13.99 twice for one day of wifi use. When I called to inquire about the double charge they said it was "per device" and we had used 2 ipads. Kind of lame as we weren't told about that ahead of time.

Room Tip: We were in 794 was very noisy at night.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
We appreciate your feedback regarding your experience at our property; we are sorry to hear about the inconvenience with the noise and cost of our wireless internet service at our hotel.. While we do charge an additional fee for wireless internet, we try to be competitive with other hotels and offer quality services and amenities in our guest rooms. We hope you’ll consider staying with us again.

Been to Capital Hilton? Share your experiences!