“my saviors” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Capital Hilton

Save Saved
You added Capital Hilton to your Saves list
Capital Hilton
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 16th St NW, corner K & 16th Street, Washington DC, DC 20036 (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Rates from $139!
Ranked #81 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“my saviors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Just got back from DC tonight awaiting hurricane Sandy in Rehoboth Arrived with semi-flat tire Mohammad the awesome door man saw it so I knew I was in for problems before heading home today after conference called AAA they arrived no spare tire; Mohammad cleared crowded area to allow tow truck to come and get my beamer out of there to mak's for new tire. He is prince and his staff is awesome I can't imagine a more difficult job watching all that craziness in such a small area. Everyone in that hotel could not have been nicer - housekeeper warmest greeting; breakfast women awesome and so was food; bar staff quick and professional and actually cordial to a 60 year old woman - me. Only downside was room facing 16th on fifth floor only flimsy curtains the heavy curtains don't move across them. Allows in more sound and light than needed. I guess cause gentlemen's club across street wanted to see us hot old ladies even if we were only watching weather channel and asleep by 11.

Room Tip: get room not low floor facing 16th st
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
beachwood, ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Biked down from the C&O and was worried where to keep our bikes. Showed up at the hotel and it was "no Problem" whatsoever-keep them with the bellman and take them out when you need them. Perfect.Besides that the hotel is plush comfortable, quiet and the beds are to die for. And the location? Pretty much perfect-lots of restaurants and just a short stroll to the the White House and Mall...Couldn't be happier with the way the staff accommodated us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Cancun
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

It's a Hilton, nothing spectacular but great location. What it seriously lacks is service. In 24 hrs i have received 9 different room card key because they never work, i have had to wait to somebody to take my to my room because the card keys don't seem to work (mine and all others in executive floors. Today the guy at front desk seemed to barely care about my problem and my (obviously) bad mood (just minutes ago). Finally at my room... I have not a single towel. Yesterday cockroaches at the coffee machine, and the manager: "Really?" C'mon!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
gbrown231, General Manager at Capital Hilton, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Again I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced while staying with us. I’ve worked team members to correct all issues mentioned. Thank you once again for your comments and we hope to have another chance to serve you.
Hartford, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I spent a week here in October. It is close to the White House and in a good part of town. Service was adequate. It is not opulent and fairly expensive but such is DC. I had an executive suite on a private floor (card access). Nice place with a sofa bed and second TV. Very quiet room. Bathroom small but adequate for 1-2 people. Bed was comfortable. There was a continental breakfast in the executive lounge. Not much else. I am glad I didn't pay a fee for lounge access. Not very exciting. Rarely had a concierge on duty. They advertised hors d'oeuvres in the evening but never anything out when I checked. Health club was attached and free to Hilton Honors members. It was ok but nothing to brag about. Again, would not pay for the experience.

Room Tip: Upgrade with points, not $.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lincroft, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

The room was a good size and the bed was comfortable. Nice location super close to the White House. Everything was very clean and requests made for extra towels and toiletries was answered very quickly. Concierge was knowledgeable and pleasant. Down sides...the noise from the street was pretty loud until around 2AM and we were charged 13.99 twice for one day of wifi use. When I called to inquire about the double charge they said it was "per device" and we had used 2 ipads. Kind of lame as we weren't told about that ahead of time.

Room Tip: We were in 794 was very noisy at night.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
We appreciate your feedback regarding your experience at our property; we are sorry to hear about the inconvenience with the noise and cost of our wireless internet service at our hotel.. While we do charge an additional fee for wireless internet, we try to be competitive with other hotels and offer quality services and amenities in our guest rooms. We hope you’ll consider staying with us again.
Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

The location of this hotel is fantastic-right up the street from the White House and in a decent neighborhood.
The lobby is gorgeous...everything from the gym to the bar to the lobby bathrooms were large, elegant, and spacious. The gift shop had a great selection but was insanely overpriced (almost 4 dollars for a granola bar that you can buy a box of for $2.50 in the grocery store!). Parking was also very expensive ($44 including tax per night), but that seems to be the average price for the area.
We were very disappointed in the size of the room. We travel a great deal, and this room had to have been the smallest that we have ever stayed in...ever. The bathroom door could barely be closed and the entire setup just made us feel claustrophobic. The tv, chair, bed, and desk were modern, but everything just seemed to be almost on top of each other. The walls were also very thin and you could clearly hear drunken people loudly talking and walking down the hallway at night. We were also awoken at 8:15 a.m. by a housekeeper who knocked on our door (and all the other doors around us) yelling "HOUSEKEEPING!" She obvoiusly was not using a check-out list...

I am giving this a "very good" 4 star review because of the nice lobby, clean facility, and terrific location. However, if you stay at this hotel, beware that there are some teeny tiny rooms-and you may want to inquire about this before you book. Judging from other reviews, there are some larger rooms available at this hotel-I guess we just didn't get one of them...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
donegaltripper
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Booked at 24 hours notice, we were due to be in New Orleans but because of Huriacane Isaac went from NYC to Washington for a couple of days.

We used Hilton hhonors points at 24 hours notice, at booking in reception were fantasic booking us into the Harry Truman suite, what a treat the Grand Piano and all that. The guy at reception said "the trip is all about the lady '' How right he was thank you so much.

Breakfast even excelled the usual Hilton experiance, selection and service superb

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Capital Hilton? Share your experiences!