“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Capital Hilton

Save Saved
You added Capital Hilton to your Saves list
Capital Hilton
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 16th St NW, corner K & 16th Street, Washington DC, DC 20036 (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Rates from $149!
Ranked #84 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011 via mobile

Great location, with helpful staff. Only negative being the wifi charge if you exceed 2 hours per day usage.

• Stayed June 2011
gbrown231, General Manager at Capital Hilton, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to note that our location worked well for you. Please be aware that we offer compimentary internet in our lobby, restaurant, and bar areas. As well, we have two free internet terminals on the far left end of the front desk. These terminal are available for guest use 24 hours per day. Regards, Greg Brown, General Manager

1,250 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Sewell, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

At $249 + tax per night I would have expected a hotel where Wi-Fi and access to the gym were complimentary. But they are not, over $15 dollars for 24 hrs internet access in the room and $15 for a pass to the gym. These are unacceptable. The room was clean and comfortable but the A/C made tremendous noises every time it went on and during normal operation; this noise made sleeping a challenge. Street noise insulation is also poor. Housekeeping did not do a very good job and did not replenish the coffee and water in the room, and I had to call the front desk to request such items.

Glasgow, Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

First, this is a superb location. It is only a few blocks from the metro and a few blocks from the White House making it easy to get around. Plenty of places to eat around the hotel as well as Starbucks, CVC and other places that help make for a great long weekend.

The room I had was 1468 (I think - stay in so many hotels....) and I suspect that this room on all the floors below are exactly the same. The room was nice enough but the bathroom. Well, the space between the toilet and the vanity unit/sink is tiny. Just enough to be wedged in between the two. I was travelling with my sister and her bathroom was much better laid out and didn't have the same issue (her's was 1066).

As we were staying over a holiday weekend it looked as if lots of people had been upgraded to the Executive Level as the lounge was packed. The reason why I wouldn't rate this with other Hiltons (like, say the one at Tower Bridge in London or Deansgate in Manchester) is that the lounge wasn't of the same standard.

The selection of items for the breakfast was very limited and on two occassions it was so busy we headed back to the room to eat.

The welcome at reception and the lounge was, however, excellent.

One other small niggle and not of the general Hilton standard was housekeeping. It took ages before my room was cleaned and one occassion my sister skipped having them come back to clean hers. Perhaps it was the holiday weekend but it wasn't the standard I'd expect from Hilton.

Bed was comfortable. Internet worked at a reasonable high speed. TV channel was limited (unusual in the US!)

Would stay again but would ask for a different room than the one I had!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Novi, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

My wife and I just returned from a week / weekend trip to DC for a short vacation and we landed a great deal for 2 nights of our stay at the Capital Hilton thanks to Hotwire. As many others have pointed out, this hotel has THE ideal location to see the sights if you've never been to DC before (as I hadn't been). The White House and Metro were both just blocks away and we easily walked to all the major monuments. The hotel itself was immaculate - very clean, the beds were comfortable and the decor is very up to date thanks to a recent remodel, and the staff went out of their way for us. We really enjoyed our short time there. On a side note, my wife and I were cautious and concerned about bed bugs but didn't find any and didn't expect to either once we set foot in our room! By the way, although there isn't much nightlife going on right around the hotel (bars, clubs, etc.), Georgetown is just a short ride on the Metro!

Room Tip: Check out Hotwire - 4 star in Capitol Hill Area
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

The key to customer satisfaction is to exceed customer expectation. Well, Theresa Thomas and Richelle McCudle did just that in their interactions with my family and me. Ms. Thomas turned a 4 hour wait for a room into a pleasant period of exploration and relaxation. I arrived quite early in the morning and Ms. Thomas provided me with an access key to the Executive Floor lounge to have coffee, read the newspaper and relax. She also worked with housekeeping to expedite the process.

Ms. McCudle helped me transfer my last night stay to the Hilton Dulles Airport location because of an early flight we have on the next morning. She called the Hilton Airport location to determine if there was a vacancy. Next, she explained to me what I needed to do to guarantee the room.

Both these employees were patient, friendly and professional. In fact, all the employees we interacted with from the Front Desk to the Executive Floor attendants to Housekeeping were helpful and friendly.

Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I recently stayed at the Capital Hilton in D.C. This is the perfect location if you want to get out and see the monuments. The hotel is three blocks north of the White House. The hotel has an elegance and yet is quite comfortable. I would also share that there was a potential security issue at 7:00 a.m. on the Sunday morning while I was there and the hotel handled this issue in a professional, thoughtful, and secure manner. No lines, friendly staff, and a feeling of being at home. What more can you ask for? I would highly recommend the Capital Hilton and will plan to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

This hotel is clean and in a great location. The restaurant and bar inside the hotel was nice, and had good drinks. A few things I did not like: the hotel gym was NOT free, I think it was $15/day. They also did not provide free WiFi, which I did not like since I was there on business for a week. Overall, very nice hotel. However for the price, you would expect a few more perks.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Capital Hilton? Share your experiences!