“Great value for your money and a really nice place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added State Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Expedia.com Booking.com
State Plaza Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2117 E St. NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #54 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Chicago, Illinois
“Great value for your money and a really nice place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed here for 4 days/ 3 nights during spring break because I got a good deal with an online travel company. The rooms were nice and clean, and I really liked that they had a mini kitchen and a big ref to store all my Georgetown Cupcakes. Complimentary wifi was fast. Beds were comfy. Staff was helpful and patient, even if I asked them twice about getting to Foggy Bottom station for two consecutive days. They were also able to get me a cab immediately. Location was great--only a few minutes' walk to Foggy Bottom station and near GWU Campus, as well as some convenience stores (I forgot to bring tooth paste, so good thing there was this college-ran store a few steps away). Walkable, adorable neighborhood. I found it cool that I could still get in to the lobby at night with just my key card. When I needed to print my plane itinerary before leaving, staff directed me to a computer room/ business center where I was able to use their computer and print without charge. I'd definitely stay here again when I return to DC.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
GMatSP, General Manager at State Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear belr0,

We're so glad you discovered Georgetown Cupcakes (great cupcakes) and that you were able to store them in your in-room refrigerator. Thank you for your flattering review of the State Plaza Hotel and it's staff and we look forward to having you back.

860 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed at the State plaza for 5 nights in August and loved it. It was located close to everything. Walking distance to bus tours, monuments, the white house, Georgetown and Foggy Bottom, restaurants, starbucks and corner stores and the metro. Plus cabs are always driving by if you need to grab one. The staff were very polite, friendly and helpful. The room was very big. With 2 beds, a kitchen with a microwave, full size fridge, stove top and coffee maker. Bathroom was large with a small makeup/getting ready room next to it. The room was clean and well maintained while we were there.

The parking is a reasonable price and the valet service is very good.The front desk staff are very helpful and you're provided with a very extensive guide to the area and map when you check in.

I got a great price on the hotel and would have paid more after seeing how great the service was, the location and the size of the room.

Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GMatSP, General Manager at State Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear fife_4,

We are happy to have read your review and great to know you loved your stay with us since you were here for 5 nights. I know how important it is to find a place with home comforts when you are away from home. We hope we can be of service to you again should your travel plans bring you back to Washington D.C.
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed at the State Plaza Hotel during a brief visit to DC, and we will return. The staff were SUPER helpful with all our various needs, and the room was CLEAN with crisp white duvet covers on the beds and perfect mattresses & pillows (so comfortable). The room was simple, not fancy or "modern", but HUGE - with a sitting area off the bathroom, AND a small kitchen! All for 99$ a night, within walking distance to everything we wanted to do in DC. We consider this place a gem, we're telling everyone about it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Barry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights last week and found it to be a great place to stay. It's close to the metro and the national mall so for tourists it's ideal. The room I had was huge and had a small kitchen which was very handy.

The staff were all great, especially the bellman who showed me to my room. I didn't catch his name but he was a New Yorker and was extremely helpful and friendly. The front of house staff were great too and always welcomed me when I returned from a day out in DC.

Overall the State Plaza is a great hotel and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again when I'm in DC.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear DaveRuckley,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. We know exactly who you were referring to regarding our New Yorker bellman and we will make sure to let him know about his great services and how it's making a positive impact on our Guests such as the one you've experienced with us. Take care.
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We spent the Veterans Day long weekend in DC and stayed at the State Plaza Hotel. Yes, the decor is outdated, but boy did we get our money's worth. It was clean, the beds were comfortable, and having a kitchen was very nice. We were able to have breakfasts in our room with plenty of coffee just as we like. On the first morning we realized the coffee maker did not work (there was a piece missing). A call to the front desk and within minutes someone brought another one. We also asked for a bigger pot to cook our dinner and someone brought us a bag with all the necessary pots, and a sponge. Great service, always with a smile. We didn't use the restaurant, so cannot comment on it. There is a business centre with two computers and printers. It was great to be able to print boarding passes for our flight back to Canada. All in all, we would recommend this hotel for its location and its amenities. It is not swanky but it met all our needs.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Older style,no upscale dining or cafe in hotel. Noisy plumbing, slow elevators. Really loved how it was a short walk to national mall, white house & restaurantes. Great for families as room comes with kitchenettes with refrigerators, stove and sink, dinette set. Parking $28/day but never took car out. Friendly informative bell men. Comfortable beds, very clean.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GMatSP, General Manager at State Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Hula22,

We're glad you enjoyed our Hotel and location but sorry that you missed our restaurant. We actually have a restaurant in our north building called the "F Street Bistro" which is quite good. Thank you for giving us your review and we hope to see you again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

First of all the service in this hotel was good and everything was clean and the room was spacy. Wireless worked quite well but was a bit slow.
My room had a lot of windows and I got all the noise from outside the last day must have been a generator or something very loud near my room so I had problems to sleep well.
I chose this hotel because it was quite cheap compared to others and it is located only 2 Street away from the mall. I can access all attractions by foot.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear cpuboni,

We're glad to have heard from you and we apologize for the noise. We found out that on the day you expereinced the loud noise, the city was working on smoothing out some pavement just next to the hotel. We apologize for this and we always try to work with the city to do their maintenance work during acceptable hours of the day. Take care and we hope to see you again.

Been to State Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!