“Fine - nothing special” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel

Save Saved
You added Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1143 New Hampshire Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save Up to 20% In DC
Ranked #80 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Staten Island
“Fine - nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed at the Renaissance for two days for a conference. It was fine. They warned in advance that the room was "European style," which means small. It was OK - about the size of a standard cruise ship cabin. I had forgotten my charger for my tablet, so was forced to use the hotel's computers. There were free computers in the lobby area - two on tables near the bar area and a "secret" one near the check-in desk that you could stand and use. There were also fee-for-use computers in the downstairs business center. I just used the free ones, and was amused that they indicated some kind of technical issue accessing Facebook, when it seemed clear the hotel had disabled Facebook so people didn't spend hours looking at it. But at least I could check my email.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

590 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is my favourite hotel in Washington DC. I really appreciate the kindness of the entire staff, the front desk and also the people who help with the luggage and in getting you a taxi like Solomon and Virgil etc. They are all very patient and wonderful.

The best part is the lounge access where Gigi provides wonderful hospitality and always makes you feel at home! The Indian food made by the Indian chef is excellent here. The vegetarian Indian food is delicious.

The House Keeping staff is also great!

I love this hotel and their staff. Whenever I visit DC, my first preference is always to stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel was recommended by our travel agent, and it did not disappoint. Although the location was quite a way from the National Mall and other city centre attractions, transport was good via the Metro (a 10 minute walk away). Friendly staff and very comfortable. We didn't eat there apart from room service one evening (which was good) - we were recommended to use a place called "Bread and Chocolate" nearby in M Street for breakfast which used every day.
Recommended.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here this past weekend for a quick getaway in Washington DC. For starters, nice decor from lobby to the individual rooms. There were three in my group so we booked a room with two double beds. My preference is always for two queen sized beds, but space wise the rooms are too small for anything larger. Also, about space...rooms are not large. Their was enough space for our small bags and to maneuver without bumping into each other. However, I would not suggest having more than 3 people in the double room if you have larger luggage, there definitely will be minimal space. Everything was clean, from bed sheets to bathroom linens. T.V. with standard channel selection, was able to adjust room temp to our liking. Basically what I'm saying is...zero complaints about the room!

They have a great breakfast buffet in the morning that lasts until 12pm. $21 gets you pretty much everything including coffee and/or a beverage. Pancakes, toast, croissants, fruit, muffins, eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, waffles...name it. It's part of the buffet. Well worth the money.

Staff was pleasant to deal with as well. We had a great server at the in-house restaurant and received lots of help with direction from a front desk representative named 'Aida'. If you end up booking this hotel, you will see what I mean...she is pretty awesome!

Location wise this is a quiet area that is close to many restaurants and conveniences. There is a 24hr Walgreens across the street as well as a gas station and bank. We were actually able to take a healthy walk to the National Mall (approx. 15 - 20mins). Not too bad.

Overall, I was pretty pleased with my experience at the Renaissance in Dupont Circle. My only complaint is that when I checked-in, I was not advised that there would be a $100 hold placed against my card for incidentals. Many hotels use this as standard practice, but advise you of this prior to logging your card info into their system. Since my room was booked for me, I was not advised of this policy. I got a nice surprise after getting back to N.Y. and thinking someone hacked my account only to find it was the hotel's freeze. It wasn't such a big deal, I just wish the person who checked me in had made this clear before doing so.

Would stay again if I had to.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Great people, very "W" like, not quite as posh. Perfect location to Georgetown and transportation. Some rooms are Euro-tiny - so pick carefully. Wonderful concierges and concierge level on 8th floor. Pay if u must. Saves a bundle in meals vs. DC prices.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Overall it was good (not great). I was a put out and frustrated that having booked a family room 6 months ago when I turned up they didn't have the room available. To be fair we were given a room with a pull out sofa and a put me up bed and told that we could move the following day but this wasn't ideal - once you're unpacked (we were staying 3 nights) you don't want to have to re-pack etc. Also it took 4!! attempts (in person) to get a duvet/eider/comforter from the front desk as the pull out only had a sheet and blanket. On the flip side, Epie was brilliant, the food was tasty and the location was great - 5 minute walk to the open top tour bus, about 20 minutes walk to the White House, and there are loads of great restaurants in the area. I love the area but not sure I'll be back to this hotel when I visit again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ashley B, Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Mr. Tim,
Thank you for your response. I apologize that the room type you requested was not what you received upon check in. It is best to guarantee your bed type when making your reservation. I understand your frustration and certainly would not want to move after unpacking as well. Thank you for mentioning that it took four attempts to recieve a duvet comforter. That is also unacceptable and disheartening to hear on our end. If you see you and your family coming back to the district, I hope you will reach out because we would like to make up for our mishaps. Thank you, Ashley B.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Just got robbed of my money at this hotel I booked the hotel way in advance and I booked it through the hotel's website not with a third party. I booked a two queens room and when I got there the had none and they apologized to me and the manager comp.my parking which it was unheard of before $50.00 to park then when I got to my room they added an additional role bed which it was the most uncomfortable bed I ever slept on i felt the springs on this bed in every inch of my body. Then after the sleep less night I got up for breakfast which it was a normal breakfast at any regular average hotel after we had that we got a receipt of $20.00 person. At check out they asked me how was your stay I answered terrible and sleepless night the answer was oh sorry. That's a bad customers service.

• Stayed August 2014
Mr. Ehab A,
Thank you for your review. Due to market demand- parking and breakfast are those prices to keep up with our competitors. I apologize you felt breakfast was just average. I would mainly like to touch base on your checkout experience. We had a chance to fix your stay with us and we failed. This type of demeanor is unacceptable from our staff. We are taking your review and using it for retraining purposes to insure that this situation does not happen in the future. Again, thank you for your review. Ashley B

Been to Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel? Share your experiences!