“Good Grief! Get a Grip People.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #81 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Grief! Get a Grip People.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Geez, after reading some of the reviews of this hotel online, I almost didn't stay here. It's a good thing I didn't listen to anyone. The hotel lobby is beautiful and modern. The staff from the doormen to the front desk are very friendly. The rooms are super clean and completely remodeled. The price is reasonable considering the location is in the heart of DC/Foggy Bottom/Georgetown.

I think some of you might benefit from visiting some of the poorest countries in the world where people sleep outside with no food/water or electricity. They couldn't dream of staying in a place this nice. We are far too spoiled as a people. Too much whining, not enough gratitude. Enjoy the city. There is no reason why anyone shouldn't like this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Love the location. Can't completely dismiss managements willingness to upgrade me to a junior suite, or the bonus points because of problems. But, the problems are hard to look past. A room with almost no direct sunlight. A rollaway bed that looked and felt worse than a pull out. A concierge lounge that was small, dirty and sparse on food. Will stay elsewhere next time.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ashley B, Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Mr. Mark K,
If you see yourself staying with us in the future; please reach out to me. We will do better.
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Stayed for two nights on a business trip. Was told at the front desk that since its a "boutique" hotel, some rooms are smaller than others. I just needed a bed. The room was small (definitely not ideal for families with kids) but clean and comfortable. Linen was fresh and I slept well. Bathroom is good size with a shower, no bathtub. Accessories are provided and are of good make (Aveda). There's a 24/7 gym in the lower level. Parking is expensive (mine was paid for so no issue there). Location is quite good. Walking distance to Dupont circle, Lincoln Memorial (about 20-25 minutes) and surroundings. I still don't understand why expensive hotels charge extra for WiFi whereas you get it for free at the Redroof Inn!! This is inexcusable. I was told it was complimentary in the lobby but I never tried it.
In summary, if you are coming to DC solo, as a couple or with buddies, this is a great place to stay at a reasonable cost with all the basic facilities you need - except for the expensive WiFi option.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Annapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Checked in to the hotel for a quick in-town overnight. Had indicated an Anniversary on the reservation and was upgraded to a Jr. Suite. OK!. Well, proceeded to the room, with anticipation and when we opened the door, were certainly underwhelmed by the 'upgrade'. Very small for a Jr. suite. Basically a sofa, coffee table, desk and TV on one side of a divider, smallish bath and bedroom on the other. And the view! Stunning overlook of the roof and three walls of the adjoining building.

Carpet really needed a refresher. Bed was OK. Everything else, just OK. Got a great laugh when I looked on the infosheet behind the door and saw that the room went for $1,000. That's a good one!

Room Tip: Try the sister hotels.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ashley B, Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
GianniB, thank you so much for your review. We are a boutique style hotel which means our rooms are slightly smaller than the average hotel room. As far as the view, we are in the middle of the city. I am not sure if you are familiar with District of Columbia's height restrictions but unfortunately with everything having to be the same height. That being said our views from the hotel are limited. Your feed back about the carpet is appreciated and has been passed on to our engineering department to see what we need to do to get that suite looking better. Again, thank you for your feed back.
Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

The staff were friendly upon check-in and the room clean and comfortable. Easy distance to walk to Georgetown and the sites of DC. Location was quiet which is good for sleeping. Didn't partake of the breakfast as lots of places nearby. Would recommend to others.

Room Tip: I always recommend getting a room away from the elevators!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I only stayed for one night, but the hotel was perfect for the purpose. It was a pleasant walk to Dupont Circle for dinner in the evening. Then have nightcap in the hotel's own bar, which was really nice and lively (but not loud) for a hotel bar, as witnessed by the fact that most customers were not hotel guests and the friendly bartender explained that they got regulars from the neighborhood. The room was very comfortable and quiet. In the morning, leaving my bag at the hotel, I had an equally pleasant walk to my meetings on Eye Street.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I've stayed here a number of times as this is one of the hotels my company uses for DC stays. While generally clean and adequate, their internet is terrible. What's worse was on my last stay I really needed to get some work done over the internet, and it was unusable. I tried numerous web sites, and if lucky I would get the home page for each site, but when I tried to go anywhere else on a sight, the internet would lock up with no response for over 2 minutes. I called the front desk who connected me with their tech support who blamed my iPad for the problem. (They said that because the charge was below 75% the internet wasn't working. The iPad was charged to 65%, and it had worked on 3 other WiFi's in the last 2 days, and worked just fine on 2 others the next day without recharging. When I asked to speak to the person who was giving the clueless phone-answerer tech rep, I was told that I couldn't speak with them directly). When I told the Manager, Brian, about this absurd support where the customers are blamed for the hotels problems, all I got was a shrug. Had I been told that some of the WiFi transmitters on individual floors weren't working, that's one thing, but to blame the problem on my iPad charge is not right. I have no trust in this hotel after this.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear FrqtTrvlrl14,
Thank you so much for your feedback. I would have been just as upset had I experienced all of the things mentioned. I am still waiting for a response for support as to why the battery charge needs to be above 75 percent. If you could reach back out to me personally, ashley.banks@renaissancehotels.com I would like to get a little more information. Thanks!

Been to Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel? Share your experiences!