“Good Location, Decent Rooms, GREAT STAFF” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel

You added Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1143 New Hampshire Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #75 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
New York City, New York
“Good Location, Decent Rooms, GREAT STAFF”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I wasn't so in love with his hotel when I arrived. It was busy and noisy and my room was TINY. I tried to be comfortable in the "Queen Room" which was about the size of a queen bed, but I just wasn't. Figuring that it couldn't hurt to just ask, I went to the front desk to see if there was anyway that I could get a bigger room. To my surprise and delight, the clerks (Anteneh and Giovanni) really went above and beyond to find a better room for me. My spirits lifted IMMEDIATELY. This just goes to show that there is more to a hotel than just the building. I would definitely stay here again. Thank you so much for the hospitality!

Room Tip: ask for a king room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Visited for business. Staff friendly and professional, amenities in room and hotel services good. But room and bathroom really small. They have to use space saving solutions, and it is desk or walk to the closet [see picture]. Internet very patchy. Cannot open window, so have to do with this odd smell. Location good if your business is in West end. Best coffee in town in the Illy café in the building.

• Stayed April 2014
Ashley B, Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Skuatakin, thank you for your feedback. If you look on our website under guest rooms it does state that we are a boutique style hotel which means our rooms are slightly smaller than the average hotel room. I apologize that you were disappointed with its size. If you do find yourself coming back to DC, we would like to have you back at The DuPont Circle Renaissance. Please reach out to me in advance so maybe we can accommodate you in a more spacious room. ashley.banks@marriott.com Thank you.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Pros:
Hotel is well located, about 8 mins walk to the nearest Metro station. near good restaurants, a CVS and also, if you are up for it, mcdonalds and the likes.

Size of the room is quite ok, specially the bathroom was very spacious.

Cons
Among the worst things of the hotel, I would highlight the concierge service. We called in advance and during our stay to ask about Spas in the area and whether the hotel's concierge could recommend something or simply help us get something. We were promised a follow up call. For 4 days, we never such call back. Plain Awful.

Bad check in. Our reservation was not in their system, so you can imagine that this delayed the whole check-in process sensibly. Eventually, we were allowed in to a queen size bed room.

The TV did not work. We called and a person came, tried to fix it for 10 mins by switching on and off the device. Eventually, he proposed to bring the tv down and bring a new one back, but of course, we declined politely and asked it to be done the next day, which happened.

very poor bath assortments. we had to ask for a shower cap and barely make it with the 1 shampoo and 1 soap. not a Renaissance experience...

room, 715, had some funny noises from time to time. it was not outside noises, nor our neighbours, it sounded more like "structural" noises.

Valets were also quite poor. the front space parking is quite peculiar in this hotel and they should do a much better job at helping manage the traffic that gets accumulated there. in our case, as we were leaving the hotel, our taxi was stuck at least 5 minutes because of some ongoing pick up and drop off. no valet took action in helping with the process.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ashley B, Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Good day Robert M. Thank you for the candid feedback. Clearly you were disappointed with your experience. I apologize that the concierge did not report back to you about a local spa. I am also disappointed to hear that the check in experience took an extended amount of time. These first two factors do play a huge part in your first impression of our property. Not to mention the television issue, thank you for your patience while we worked to get that fixed. Another thank you for your patience with the time it took to get your transportation. I am are aware of the time it takes to enter and exit our front drive, however, within the next week or two New Hampshire Avenue will be opening up for both lanes of traffic. This should cut back on the congestion tremendously. Again, thank you for your feedback. I apologize it was not up to Renaissance standards, but with this feedback we hope to improve for future stays. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to me. ashley.banks@marriott.com
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights for the DC Women's Half Marathon in April. Very nice, clean rooms (although a bit small for 2 adults), extremely friendly staff. Couldn't connect to the wifi on any of my devices at first - eventually got my computer online with help from the front desk but they weren't able to get my phone to connect at all in the room. Ate at the hotel restaurant once - poor service (one order was wrong and we waited ~40 minutes for 2 bowls of pasta), food was average and overpriced. Walls are paper thin - barely slept the night before the race because of noise coming from a neighbouring room and the hallway.

All in all, this hotel made a great first impression, but it went downhill from there.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We were made to feel like regulars by Noel and the rest of the staff at the hotel. They took care of everything we needed and went out of their way to make us comfortable. We requested and got adjoining rooms for our family, and they were nice and comfy and well kept. The lobby has many different cozy seating areas, with a bar and coffee shop right there for convenience. The location was terrific. I would definitely go back to the Renaissance next time we're in DC.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I don't understand how you can charge for wifi at a business hotel. It's ridiculous. But the staff was very helpful, light clean rooms although very very small. Great amenities in the room. Location was great! In the mid of DuPont circle. Walking distance from Georgetown and the big gardens. Good breakfast buffet!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

For a city hotel it was excellent, helpful, kind staff who came to our aid when both my husband & I were ill whilst there. We found a wonderful deal which made it very affordable for a 4 star hotel, the facilities were good, and the restaurant staff were very flexible over food requests. It was also well placed for sight seeing and I would certainly recommend it.

Room Tip: Preferred the front rooms although back more than acceptable
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family