“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel

You added Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1143 New Hampshire Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #74 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
Sacramento, Ca
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Great visit to DC and I loved the central location of this hotel. It was right across the street from a fantastic chinese food restaurant. We had access to the concierge level and the staff was exceptional. Truly impressed with the genuine friendliness of staff in the lounge area upon several different visits. The room itself was large enough and we did not feel cramped for a short visit. I would definitely stay here again.

The parking staff were the only issue. They were less than responsive and seemed to do their work grudgingly.

The hotel was very clean and updated nicely. Nice job Marriott!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike_Horowitz, Rooms Operations Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Hi Nicole065,
Thank you for the great review! I'm thrilled that you had such a great stay with us. Gigi and Sifrash in the concierge lounge are exceptional and I will make sure to pass this note along to them. I was disappointed to hear about the parking staff concern though. Any specifics as to your experience would be so helpful to ensure that other guests do not experience the same level of service. Feel free to reach out to me. Thank you and Happy Holidays!
michael.horowitz@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is just off downtown in a nice neighborhood. The room is spacious and front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. We stayed for leisure but reckon it's also good for business stay. The only fall back we experienced was that they were undergoing some constructive work in the garage and the noise woke us at 8am.

• Stayed December 2013
Mike_Horowitz, Rooms Operations Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Hi Robertal34,
Thanks for the great review! While I see that you enjoyed your stay and the local area, I see that you were effected by our garage renovation. We are addressing some structural concerns in the garage, which will add some unavoidable noise from 8am to 6pm for the next week or so (other than Sundays and the Holidays). But once it is complete you have to come back to see us! Look forward to seeing you again!
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

From the time we checked in until the time we checked out everything was perfect. We arrived early (9:40am) and our rooms were ready. The rooms were clean and well supplied with towels. The hotel staff was friendly, professional, and courteous. The location was good also. 7 blocks from Georgetown. Very quick walk to all the shops and restaurants in Georgetown. Also very close to DuPont circle.
We also ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant and it was great. Great selection and service. I really can't say enough about the hotel it was great and made for a fun weekend in DC. When we go back next year i will be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2013
Mike_Horowitz, Rooms Operations Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Hi smilesaam,
Friendly, outgoing service is what we are all about. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your breakfast with us as well. Thanks for the awesome review! I look forward to seeing you next year! Take care
sao paulo, brazil
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We stayed there before moving to their downtown hotel. The location is good; front desk, concierge etc as expected from the chain. Breakfast was substandard. It is behind his old brother hotel in the downtown area in all aspects. A good base for a business stay.

Hi acukiert,
Thanks for the candid feedback! I appreciate the notes about the good location and service, however was disappointed with your note regarding the breakfast being substandard. Any specific feedback would be so helpful to address the issues that you experienced during breakfast. Please feel free to reach out to me to discuss, or if you decide to stay with us again when you are in town, please let me know so that we can give you the VIP service you deserve! I look forward to hearing from you.
Baltimire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Checked in to the Renaissance DuPont Circle last night. Located in NW New Hampshire Ave.

The staff was friendly at check in but we did not pay attn that room was a queen and not king. First the rooms are so small that it made NYC look good, followed by a mattress that was so hard is rather sleep on the floor, also only two small pillows that were essentially like sleeping on a brick. After not being able to sleep all night I went to breakfast at 9:30am after the work crowd has departed maybe 3 people dining in entire restaurant, served luke warm coffee with soured cream. Must have been left over from another table. Waited 10 min finally I got up and asked the hostess for new coffee as the server was no where to be found. Then later after my eggs came another server asks me if my food is good before I could take one bite.

Finally leaving f hotel I knew they has construction that morning but infl because they told me when I chevked in not before I made the reservation and it noted valet parking takes 20-25 min to get your car. After 45 plus minutes my car shows up and they had the nerve to tell me it's because of traffic. Well I'm in DC often and I could drive from one side of the city to the other in 45 min. I told them I'm not paying $45 to park my car for lousy service.

Bottom line I won't be back! The Courtyard DuPont Circle is far better and less expensive, better beds, pillows,Internet, parking, food and less expensive. Bye bye Renaissance you were an embarrassment for a full service hotel

Stayed December 2013
Hi Rss53,
I am so sorry about your poor experience with us. This clearly is not indicative of the level of service that we strive to provide. I will be sure to pass this information along to the rest of the team. We are a boutique style hotel with rooms that run a bit smaller than other hotels, however we pride ourselves on clean comfortable rooms. I'm sorry that you did not feel the same way. As far as the breakfast service and the valet service, I apologize for these service failures. I would like to discuss the valet and breakfast charges as well as the overall stay in general if possible. Thank you and take care.

Shawnee Mission, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

10 reasons why we will not look at another place to stay in DC:
1. Crystal and Antony at the reservation desk-wonderfully warm hospitality at check-in
2."Welcome back, did you have a good day?" each night when we returned after sightseeing--from the gentlemen out in front of the hotel to again, Crystal & Antony
3. Fantastic food from the "M Bar"--not often is the food in a hotel this good-it was and we ate there twice, once room service--very gracious delivery person
4. Beautiful lobby-always busy...fun samplings of hot cider one night & another local beer!
5. Great location: close to Metro
6. Helpful Concierge
7. Beautiful room-CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN
8. Can walk to many sites; we walked from the White House although took a little while!
9. Had one tiny shower issue: it was resolved completely & immediately
10. Reasonable rates - booked through US Airways
Thanks again to the staff at Renaissance Dupont Circle for helping to make a surprise birthday trip to DC for my husband such a success!~Victoria

Room Tip: Rooms on street side are preferable for view and ours was larger than some rooms
Hi Victoria24_13,
What a fantastic review! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and had an excellent experience. I will make sure to pass this along to the team and ensure that Kristal and Anteneh are recognized for their efforts. I look forward to seeing you again. Thank you!
Newberg, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Really handsome lobby and rooms. Brand spanking-new remodel so everything works. Flat-screen, good HVAC, comfy beds. Wi-fi is $12.95 in the rooms. I dispute the review calling this a "great" location. It's actually in Foggy Bottom, not a lively neighborhood with lots of shops and restaurants - OK but not great. Pleasant staff and Illy coffee shop connected to the property are pluses. BIG negative is the noise. When we stayed the noise was awful due to an ongoing garage remodel. Everyone was commenting on the incessant jackhammering. Be sure to check on this before booking this hotel! Almost as bad is the blaring technopop throughout public areas. I was told that "corporate" decreed the deafening decibel level and thumping muzak to make the hotel seem "modern." Or you can get free wi-fi and less noise elsewhere not so "modern"

Room Tip: High floors will have less noise
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Hi Cawater,

Thanks for the candid feedback! While it sonds like you enjoyed your stay, clearly there were some detractors. I was disappointed to see the comment about the location. Next time you come you will have to try some of the fantastic restaurants right around the corner from us like Rasika West End, Ris or the West End Bistro among others.

I sincerely apoligize for the noise you experienced during your stay. As you know, we are currently going through a garage refesh project. We have made every effort to notify our guests at time of booking as well as upon check in to the hotel, however between 8am to 6pm Monday through Saturday there is unavoidable noise.

If you do decide to stay with us again soon, please reach out to me so that we can ensure you have a great stay.