“Really attentive and helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel

Save Saved
You added Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1143 New Hampshire Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save Up to 20% In DC
Ranked #78 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Singapore, Singapore
“Really attentive and helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed here with a group of college friends while we were on vacation. When we arrived at 10am, I was pleasantly surprised that we were allowed to check in immediately which gave us extra hours to explore the area. The location of the hotel is good as it was walking distance to Georgetown and other monuments. Also, the staff of this hotel is extremely helpful and kind. The doorman greeted us every time and the front desk staff was polite. The rooms were comfortable as well. Overall, I was really impressed by this hotel and will continue to stay at Renaissance Hotels.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Mike_Horowitz, Rooms Operations Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Hi Fiona T,
Thanks for taking the time to fill out this review! We pride ourselves on giving guests personalized, friendly service. I'm happy that our team was able to do this. I hope you stay with us again soon. Take care

578 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The hotel is close to the Metro and Dupont Circle. The room was alright. The beds were very comfortable but the bathroom was small. Also, upon check-in make sure to request a room with a fridge. The hotel staff was very friendly and very helpful. The have delicious pineapple-raspberry water available at check-in. After you have checked out the hotel will let you leave your bags with them for the day. The lobby was a great hangout area. I really enjoyed my stay and I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a refrigerator, some rooms do not have one.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Hi anf720,
Thank you for the great review. I'm happy that you had a nice experience. Take care.
Dakar, Senegal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I spent two nights in this hotel whilst on a business trip in DC. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and diligent; so the check in was very swift. The room was wide and clean; the bar and restaurant are excellent. The neighborhood as well with plenty of good restaurants and shops.
I found however that the internet connexion charge is high.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hi Mhkebe,
Thank you for the remarks. I'm happy you had a great experience with us. The next time you are on business in the area and stay with us, come down to the lounge and take advantage of the free internet and the illy Coffee or Mbar.
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights while on a business trip with some colleagues. Check-in was ok, but a little strange to be warned that if I wanted a room with a queen bed it would be very small. I went ahead, and the room size was perfectly fine. Great that the room has a functioning iron also. But the water pressure in the shower was way too high, it was quite painful to shower, and it could not be adjusted. Staff were generally helpful, but when I had a package delivered, the person at the counter told me he could not find it, and continued to say he thought the note was on there in error. Only after prodding him to look again did he find it - in the most obvious spot on top of all the other packages. To think that I could have been forced to leave without my boyfriend's 400 dollar headphones because of one person's incompetence is a little bit shocking...

Other than that, perfectly happy with the hotel, it was in a good location and all, would have given it 3.5 stars if I could.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hi hildebh,
I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us as a whole. I am disappointed that you had a poor service experience trying to retrieve your package. I will share this feedback to the team to make sure that service failures like this one are not repeated. Thank you for your candid feedback.
cleveland,ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Upon arrival the front desk staff was friendly and helpful.
When I opened the hotel room door, I was shocked because the room was very small (like New York hotels). But it was very clean and quaint. I didn't have much of a view but usually when I have one its way too noisy
I opened the closet door to hang my clothes and there was a very nice signature robe.
There are plenty of places to eat right across the street and Cvs is down the street (within walking distance).

• Stayed April 2013
Hi tayshan1,
Thanks for the great review! I'm so happy you had an awesome stay. We pride ourselves on giving friendly, outgoing service. We are a boutique hotel with rooms that tend to run smaller than you may be used to, and we are surrounded by buildings that are the same size as us. When you come back, see if there is availability on the front side of the hotel with a street view. I hope to see you again soon!
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed the 4 nights I spent in this hotel. Great location between Dupont Circle & Foggy Bottom. Very friendly staff. Comfortable room though pillows were too soft. Bar nice but pricey. Great breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013
Hi bosphorus104,
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you again soon. Take care.
houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We just returned from a four-night stay at this hotel. It's a good location to get to Georgetown walking and not too far by cab to Capitol Hill, the White House, Embassy Row, the monuments, National Cathedral and other sights of D.C. I can't say enough about the staff -- very professional, yet super friendly and accommodating. Everyone from housekeeping to the manager were absolutely wonderful. Rooms were clean and well maintained, although not very big - definitely adequate. The service of this hotel is unmatched by much more expensive hotels. I would definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for quiet corner
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Mike_Horowitz, Rooms Operations Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Hi winrock,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. Clean rooms and friendly, genuine service is what we are all about! Come see us again next time you are in DC.

Been to Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel? Share your experiences!