“Awesome stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel

Save Saved
You added Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1143 New Hampshire Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Save up to 15% off
Ranked #80 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
cleveland,ohio
“Awesome stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Upon arrival the front desk staff was friendly and helpful.
When I opened the hotel room door, I was shocked because the room was very small (like New York hotels). But it was very clean and quaint. I didn't have much of a view but usually when I have one its way too noisy
I opened the closet door to hang my clothes and there was a very nice signature robe.
There are plenty of places to eat right across the street and Cvs is down the street (within walking distance).

• Stayed April 2013
Mike_Horowitz, Rooms Operations Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Hi tayshan1,
Thanks for the great review! I'm so happy you had an awesome stay. We pride ourselves on giving friendly, outgoing service. We are a boutique hotel with rooms that tend to run smaller than you may be used to, and we are surrounded by buildings that are the same size as us. When you come back, see if there is availability on the front side of the hotel with a street view. I hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed the 4 nights I spent in this hotel. Great location between Dupont Circle & Foggy Bottom. Very friendly staff. Comfortable room though pillows were too soft. Bar nice but pricey. Great breakfast.

Hi bosphorus104,
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you again soon. Take care.
houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We just returned from a four-night stay at this hotel. It's a good location to get to Georgetown walking and not too far by cab to Capitol Hill, the White House, Embassy Row, the monuments, National Cathedral and other sights of D.C. I can't say enough about the staff -- very professional, yet super friendly and accommodating. Everyone from housekeeping to the manager were absolutely wonderful. Rooms were clean and well maintained, although not very big - definitely adequate. The service of this hotel is unmatched by much more expensive hotels. I would definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for quiet corner
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Mike_Horowitz, Rooms Operations Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Hi winrock,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. Clean rooms and friendly, genuine service is what we are all about! Come see us again next time you are in DC.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

This felt like a boutique hotel because the staff was so friendly and so helpful. We had an HVAC problem, but they worked diligently to address it. AND, when I left a critical item in the room, they shipped it to me free of charge! I felt like they knew I was frantic ( it was part of my laptop), and they worked until they found it. We would definitely stay again-- and will! Cc

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hi Claudia C,
Thanks for the great review! I'm so happy we were able to turn some potential problems into Wins. I look forward to having you again!
Enfield, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in mid March whilst on a business trip. The rooms are very small so don't attempt to swing any felines in here. The hotel is clean and tidy but just make sure you're prepared to tip the staff at breakfast otherwise you'll be confronted with dumb-founded stares. I didn't tip as I couldn't see why they deserved a tip for pouring a coffee from a percolator! The location central with good access to all the sights and shopping. Got a good rate so all in all value for me I reckon.

Room Tip: The hotel was formerly a hospital, so make sure you ask to see the floor plan at check-in and choose...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hi kleopapas,
I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. We are a boutique hotel with clean, modern, cozy rooms that do tend to run on the smaller side. As for the restaurant feedback, we will share this with the Food and Beverage staff. Thank you for your candid feedback.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

This hotel offers great customer service. Employees worked hard to ensure our stay was perfect/ comfortable. It's in the perfect location for shopping, dining and entertainment. Our only complain was paying an additional $6.30 parking tax per day in addition to paying $35 per day for parking. The additional fee was not disclosed till checkout. Parking cost is excessive....this does not include tips paid to the valets for parking/retrieving the car.

• Stayed April 2013
Mike_Horowitz, Rooms Operations Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Hi dxwcarty,
Thank you for staying with us. I am glad to see that we took care of you during your stay. Friendly, accomodating service is how we separate ourselves from the other great hotels in Washington. As far as the parking fees are concerned, we are competitive with the other hotels in the area. I will be reviewing this feedback with our team so that guests are notified up front what the valet costs and taxes are. Thank you for this helpful feedack.
Flemington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Renaissance Dupont Circle is the best kept hotel secret in DC. It is in a great location, within short walks of Georgetown, Dupont Circle and George Washington University and also provides easy access to public transportation. The staff at the hotel is friendly, attentive and among the best I have ever experienced.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hi wandrews1,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I will make sure to share this great feedback with the team so we can continue to be the "best kept secret in DC!" Thank you

Been to Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel? Share your experiences!