“Rooms are a bit small but great location & staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel

Save Saved
You added Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1143 New Hampshire Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save Up to 20% In DC
Ranked #78 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Rooms are a bit small but great location & staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

This is a trendy, newly renovated hotel in the Foggy Bottom area of DC. There are plenty of restaurants around and the hotel is close to the Metro. The staff at this hotel makes it worth the stay - every time I interacted with anyone from the hotel it was outstanding. The rooms are a little small but clean & up-to-date. A good place to stay for a trip to DC.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

578 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011 via mobile

Rooms and everything was nice but it is very noisy due to the outside AC so are you a light sleeper don't choose this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Stayed here this past weekend. We were there to spend time with our grandson while my daughter and son-in-law attended a wedding at the site. Washington can be difficult to navigate with all the one way streets. When we called the hotel once in the city, they provided a VERY patient employee who helped guide us to their location. This was very much appreciated. Although the rooms were a little small, especially with all the needed baby equipment, the staff was so helpful. When we requested some special items they were provided immediately. The food ordered in the lobby bar was excellent as was the breakfast buffet. There are many great restaurants located with walking distance and we found them to be a bargain as well.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

I had a wonderful welcome, and although I had asked for a king bed, there were none left when I checked in, so I was upgraded to a room on the Club Floor (two beds). I agree that the rooms are small, but the beds and pillows are excellent. I found the service to be very good (only problem is getting a cab at certain times of the day), and facilities are well renovated and do provide that boutique feel. Special kudos to the front desk for ensuring that I received several packages that were sent to me in a very timely way.

The location was well placed in between Washington Circle (Foggy Bottom metro, Orange and Blue lines) and DuPont Circle (Red line metro) so it made access to both my conference location and my headquarters very easy. I would return.

Room Tip: Club floor is excellent.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

I stayed here two nights for a small vacation with my sister. Got a great deal on Orbitz. After reading all the negative to so-so reviews on here, I was a little apprehensive about what to expect. My expectations were greatly exceeded. The staff was always around to welcome us back to the hotel and answer any questions. The room was spotless, hallways were fine, beds weren't phenomenal but after walking around DC all day, who could tell the difference? I didn't go for the valet parking at the hotel but instead parked at the economy parking lot at DCA and took the metro to the Foggy Bottom stop. It took less than 15 minutes. The location is unbeatable for the price. The Chinese restaurant across the street is great (with inexpensive wine!) and the coffee shop connected to the lobby is convenient. We decided to eat at the hotel restaurant one night and did not regret it. Get the mango creme brulee. It was unbelievable. The food service is slow but well worth it. I will be staying here for any return trip to DC!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I stayed 3 nights at the Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel. It is in a great location, and I liked the lobby area. Valet parking was friendly + efficient - it is the same parking rate $$ as other DC hotels. The Bellhops were friendly and cabs were readily available - Metro station a few blocks away, Georgetown is walking distance.

The hotel overall was clean, the hallways and common areas (we were on a preferred memeber floor with drinks, snacks, cafe) were a little dated and needing of update - but certainly not horrible. The check-in was friendly as was housekeeping.

The rooms are a small, I'm from NY so I'm used to small hotel rooms - I would say they're the same as a hotel room in the City. For DC they are small. The beds are comfrtable, sheets and bedding - standard, nothing special or luxurious. I asked for a room with 2 beds - unaware this hotel only has King Beds, Queen Beds - but rooms with 2 beds ONLY doubles - not two QUEENS? There is no way I'd recommend that for a family. Two adults or even two kids over 6 is not enough room in a double bed. There isn't room to roll in another bed - so don't try to squeeze more than 2 people in a room..

Bathroom was ok standard size, nothing special. Terry robes in the closets and decent products (soaps, shampoo) - the robes and towles were not soft, but do the job - I didn't use the robes - I was going to - but they weren't soft so I didn't bother..

Again, this isn't a bad hotel it's just not a 4 star property, and the site I booked it on said it was - I wouldn't pay rack rate - and would staying again if I got a good deal; more than 100 per night I think is too much.

Room Tip: Stay on a club level floor - quiet and cafe with snacks, drinks, etc.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Ridgewood, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Booked this hotel in August '11 for one night--$80 on Priceline. Checked in quite late, asked for a King room and got it. If we were staying for more than one night I probably would have changed rooms, as it was right next to the elevator, but at 11:30 pm I wasn't about to deal with it. Noise was minimal. Room was comfortable, albeit strangely shaped (prob because elevator bank literally cut into it). Otherwise, no complaint--clean and comfortable. We parked for free on the street. There is a coffee shop in the lobby. Great location near DuPont Circle.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel? Share your experiences!