“"Thanks for the memories"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The River Inn

You added The River Inn to your Saves list
The River Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   924 25th St. NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Special Price
Book Now for 10% Off
Ranked #12 of 136 Hotels in Washington DC
York, Pennsylvania
“"Thanks for the memories"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We are thrilled to have found this gem and are already looking at dates to return. I googled romantic places to stay in D.C. area and I came across the River Inn and I'm so grateful that I did! I called Friday evening and spoke to the most friendly, courteous and pleasant Izabella. I checked availability and advised that it would be just a quick getaway for our wedding anniversary. I had to sort some things out and called back a bit later and spoke with Edgar (he remembered I had called earlier and spoke with Izabella and I was the lady celebrating my wedding anniversary) He promptly secured the room reservation for the very next day. He advised if the room is ready upon arrival we would be able to check in early. The River Inn is nestled in a quaint area in a great location(Georgetown, Monuments, TraderJoes), we knew we were going to love it as soon as we pulled up. We were greeted by the valet gentleman who was quite nice and then there they were - Izabella and Edgar! We also received assistance from Charos. We were checked in quite efficiently and sent to the top floor. The hotel is very modern but yet has a welcoming feel to it. Love the infused water in the lobby with different fruit - nice touch. Upon arrival in our room we were made to feel so extremely special for our anniversary with flowers, a tasty goody basket, special soaps and some 'bubbly' was supplied later in the evening - a special delivery from Edgar :) Also, Izabella promptly made dinner reservations for us at Sequoia upon our arrival for later that evening. Again, this hotel is a perfect location, the price is right, rooms are SO spacious..nice bathroom facility(love the magnifying mirror), kitchen in the suite - truly a home away from home. Perfect for pleasure or business. Most importantly is the entire staff will go above and beyond to make you feel so special. Everyone we met was so helpful to offer suggestions, things to do, etc. They truly love their jobs and it shows; that in itself will bring us back to The River Inn!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I ended up at the River Inn, actually, completely by accident. But I'm glad I did.
Besides an amazing room with a huge bed and free wifi, what got me was the kitchen.
And no instant coffee here. Real coffee beans ready to be freshly ground for your morning coffee!
Close to the Foggy Bottom metro station. No, really. It's only two blocks away!

I'll definitely book the River Inn for my next visit to DC!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. The staff was very helpful. One very hot day they even had cold sangria(free) waiting in the lobby! Breakfast was just so-so, but dinner in the restaurant was surprisingly good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Last Tuesday my family of 4 moved. On Thursday, my two girls, 8 and 14, flew to Colorado to see my sister. When Friday rolled around, and unpacking/setting up the new place loomed, my husband and I decided that the "house mess" could wait and we should take advantage of some free couple time. Since the DC area is less than an hour from our home, and the weekend weather forecast looked good, we decided to head that way. After a quick search online showed The River Inn seemed quaint (in a more residential area) and was close to the waterfront, but boasted more reasonable rates, we booked a king suite. We arrived close to 8:00 PM and were greeted by an older gentleman who was more than happy to help us with our bags. Next, we entered into the lobby and were greeted warmly by Izabella and Edgar at the front desk. We were checked in promptly and personally, with Edgar asking if the reason for our stay was business or pleasure. We filled the attendants in on our last minute decision to get away. We next asked if there was somewhere within walking distance that we could grab a late dinner and drinks. With a quick phone call, Edgar had made a reservation for us at nearby Circa. In continued conversation we mentioned that we wanted to have seafood on Saturday night, and Izabella told us that she would give Sequoia a call and see if she could get us a table for Saturday night, while we went and had dinner. Circa was just what we were looking for, and since the Happy Hour crowd seemed to have lingered, we were happy to have a reservation. We were seated outside (as we had hoped), while others waited by the door to get a seat. After dinner and several drinks at another nearby bar, we headed back to The River Inn. When we arrived at our room, there was a phone message from Izabella letting us know that we had a dinner reservation at Sequoia for Saturday night at 7:00. The "love" continued when we looked at a table by our full kitchen that held a lovely bottle of red wine, two wine glasses, and a hand written note wishing us an enjoyable get-away from Edgar and Izabella. Let me take a moment here to say that my husband and I have traveled quite extensively throughout the US and even internationally, and have rarely ever had such thoughtful and personalized attention. The personal touches continued throughout the weekend, as we came and went, we were always greeted kindly by name. Although the hotel is a few minutes off the beaten path, I would highly recommend staying at The River Inn.

Room Tip: Upper floors offer the best views.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Northville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Don't know what I can say the most about regarding The River Inn. The staff was amazing, very attentive to requests, helpful during our stay, and bent over backwards to help us remain in the hotel rather than having to move to another (during very busy graduation week, as it turned out) when we learned our trip was extended. Wish I could remember everyone's names but know Kylie, Charris, Will, Stephen and Lee were among them. Thank you! Located near Foggy Bottom metro, walking distance to Georgetown, Kennedy Center, Trader Joe's, Pennsylvania Avenue and White House area, rooms are spacious, clean, and quiet, some have an absolutely amazing view, and the restaurant, Dish, is one of D. C.'s hidden gems. Have eaten there several times in the past and never had a bad meal. Very reasonably priced, their lamb and scallops are particularly good, although honestly, everything is. Definitely take the breakfast option when booking, is well worth it and very good with a wide selection. Will definitely stay there again and recommend the hotel and restaurant.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I have stayed here several times for work and cannot compliment it enough. It is a fantastic hotel in a great, quiet, convenient location in DC. It is a 2 minute walk from the Foggy Bottom metro station which has the Orange and Blue lines serving most of the main areas of DC (including the Smithsonian).

Rooms have kitchen with fridge, gas cook top, and microwave. They are nicely appointed and are a great place to return to after a long day.

The staff is very helpful and responsive.

Parking is not great and VERY expensive which may be a consideration for someone traveling with a vehicle.

This last trip, the internet speed was surprisingly slow.

The restaurant serves high quality food (at a price).
Overall, however, this is a great hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We were only in DC for one night and the next morning, but really happy to have found this gem. We arrived in the evening to pouring down rain, but wanted to walk to the sights anyway. The staff were quick to check us in, park our car in valet parking, and offer umbrellas for us to use. The room was large for a hotel room and clean. Complete with a full kitchen with dinning supplies for two, including a coffee grinder. It is located near Georgetown University on a quiet street and within two blocks of the metro(subway), which is really the best way to get around town. We also found a Whole Foods store just across the street from the subway entrance, as well as a few restaurants. The next morning we had trouble contacting our congressional office as we were leaving the hotel and the desk staff offered to phone them for us. When they couldn't get through they phoned another congressional office to get us the information that we needed. They kept our luggage and car secure for us as well, after we had checked out, while we saw the sights. When we returned later in the day they happily retrieved our car and loaded our luggage. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family