“LOVED My stay here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The River Inn

You added The River Inn to your Saves list
The River Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   924 25th St. NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Special Price
Book Now for 10% Off
Ranked #12 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
“LOVED My stay here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Pros -
1. Location: Located in cute Foggy Bottom neighborhood, is close to JFK Performing Center, Georgetown, etc.
2. Spacious room with kichenette

Cons -
1. Parking: There is valet parking at around $34+Tax...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
BrittanyFOS, Front Office Supervisor at The River Inn, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Hi there, and thank you for your review on our hotel! I'm glad that you enjoyed the location and your suite. The Foggy Bottom neighborhood is a wonderful setting for our hotel. You are close enough to DC's sites by either walking or the Metro, yet far enough away from the noise of a big city to relax and really enjoy yourself. Like you, I love the size of our suites. It's like having your very own apartment in the city! I am sorry to hear that you found our valet parking to be a con for your stay. In our neighborhood, as well as the rest of the city, parking can be difficult and comes at a high premium. I hope that this does not deter you from returning to us someday! Please give us a call sometime so we can look at some dates and rates for you. Again, thank you for your review, and we look forward to seeing you again at The River Inn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Portola Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The River Inn has been remodeled with a modern design and has a clean, contemporary, but warm feel. My Junior Suite was spacious, with a dressing area, sleeping/living area, beautiful desk and kitchen. The room has plenty of warm lighting. While I didn't use the kitchen on this visit, I would on a longer stay. The kitchen was completely hidden behind a partition wall, which made the sleeping/living space very pleasant. It is a fine hotel for either a business trip (good desk, chair, lighting and WiFi) or a vacation stay.

The restaurant, Dish, is excellent. Attentive service and delicious food, with an interesting menu and a fine wine list.

All River Inn staff members welcome and help customers as a priority. For example, I walked to work and the door staff helped me willingly and knowledgeably with directions when I set out the first morning.

If I have a reason to return to this beautiful DC neighborhood I will stay at the River Inn again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
BrittanyFOS, Front Office Supervisor at The River Inn, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Hello there! Thank you very much for the kind review on your stay at The River Inn. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. As you mentioned, we have been recently modernized. I love our sleek, new look, and I'm glad that you did too! I find our suites to be very spacious, and they are perfect for business trips and family vacations. It is great that you had the opportunity to dine at our in-house restaurant, Dish + Drinks. They have amazing food and service! Also, thank you for the nice comments on our front desk and bell staff, they are more than happy to ensure that you enjoy your stay and that you get to where you're going! Again, thank you for your review, and we look forward to your next visit.
Damariscotta, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I spend one week each month in Washington, DC and am delighted that I'm able to stay at the River Inn. This is the total package; location, room amenities, facilities, staff service and on site restaurant (Dish). The front desk staff and bellmen are welcoming, friendly and service-oriented. The rooms (and beds) are comfortable and allow a choice for the traveler to either eat out or use the full kitchen to prepare a meal. With it's recent refurbishment, the River Inn provides a great alternative to hotel chains and real value for the price. I'm happy to say it's my home away from home.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
BrittanyFOS, Front Office Supervisor at The River Inn, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Greetings, and thank you very much for your great review on The River Inn! We appreciate your continued business, and I'm glad to hear that we are your home away from home. Just like you, I see our hotel as the complete package for the perfect stay! Our location can't be beat, we have spacious suites with full kitchenettes (just like having your own apartment in DC!), great amenities, and amazing staff. I am glad that you have also tried our in-house restaurant, Dish + Drinks. We are looking forward to your next stay with us. Thanks again for your kind words, and we'll see you next time at The River Inn!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I try to stay at the River Inn whenever business for travel for pleasure takes me to the area. The location is perfect, the suite allows you to make your own meals and staff is very helpful. I was there in November and the room was a little dated and tired. However, with my most recent December trip, I found the room to be well appointed, clean, and the carpeting and bed linens and couch were new and the shower head was similar to what you would find in a spa. I will definitely continue to stay at the River Inn whenever I am in the DC area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
BrittanyFOS, Front Office Supervisor at The River Inn, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Hello, and thank you very much for your stays at The River Inn! We greatly appreciate your repeat business. As you indicated, our rooms were a little worn out before. However, as you saw with your stay in December, we have been undergoing a modernization process in our suites. I'm glad you got to see what our improved suites look like! Simple changes like carpeting, linens, and a new sofa bed make a big difference! Thank you so much for continuing to stay with us, we are looking forward to your next visit at The River Inn.
Keswick, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed at The River Inn in mid-December. Our junior suite was well appointed, spacious, clean, and comfortable. The location is a short walk to The Kennedy Center, National Mall, and Georgetown shopping. We tried the restaurant for a pre-theater dinner and had excellent meals. The hotel staff was welcoming and friendly. We will be returning to The River Inn and have recommended it to our friends.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BrittanyFOS, Front Office Supervisor at The River Inn, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Hello there, and thank you very much for choosing The River Inn for your visit to DC! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Also, thank you for the great compliments to our staff (housekeeping, Dish + Drinks, and front desk). I am happy that we all could be a part of your trip. Our hotel is in a great location, nicely tucked away in the quiet Foggy Bottom neighborhood, yet close enough to many of DC's attractions such as the National Mall and Georgetown. We are looking forward to your next visit, and happy holidays to you both! Thanks for staying at The River Inn.
Queens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This was my first time visiting DC and this hotel made my stay even more enjoyable. The service (front desk) expectional, location wonderful near Georgetown , rooms are clean, beds are so comfortable, breakfast is fantastic and just can't wait to go to DC again. Would definitely stay at thsi hotel again, again and again!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
BrittanyFOS, Front Office Supervisor at The River Inn, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Greetings! Thank you for staying with us at The River Inn. I am glad to hear that we made your first trip to DC a memorable one. Thank you for your comments on our front desk staff and housekeeping as well, we appreciate the feedback. It's great that you were able to try the breakfast at our in-house restaurant, Dish + Drinks, they have great food! I am glad that this hotel was the right fit for your visit to DC, we look forward to seeing you again sometime!
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I love the River Inn and stay there several times a year ( I don’t want to stay anywhere else because I count on the coffee maker and my sister lives around the corner). They usually spoil me as a regular customer however on this trip, I must finally admit, some of the wonderful things that made it so special have gone by the wayside.

First: The person at check in was like ice (not all the staff are this way). We had several dealings with her and we felt unwelcome. She seemed suspicious of every request we had.

Second: through the years the wonderful things they did that made it so unique are gone. Most recently the loss of the "welcome back” letter and cookie and of course missing was the soft brown throw blanket that was always a pleasure to sit with on a cold evening; No longer are there umbrellas in the room for rainy days; the robes too are long gone.

Third: Wear and Tear- it appears they are updating and repairing some floors and I am sure the room we stayed in is overdue for new carpet .

Fourth: The pillows are too huge and like a big lump of clay.

But you can’t beat this location if you have family in Foggy Bottom and like to come in at
National airport and metro to hotel, this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello there, and thank you for your review on The River Inn. We appreciate your return to us on your most recent trip to DC. I am sorry to hear that some parts of your stay were unpleasant. We are definitely taking your feedback as a way to improve our hotel's operations, including the front desk and housekeeping. Please know that we are more than happy to provide items upon request for our guests, including bathrobes and extra pillows and blankets. You are correct in the fact that we are currently modernizing our suites, which are all getting new carpeting, furniture, etc. I do hope that you give us another chance, especially to come back and see the new look of the suites! We are looking forward to your next visit at The River Inn.