“Top Choice Awards” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The River Inn

You added The River Inn to your Saves list
The River Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   924 25th St. NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Special Price
Book Now for 10% Off
Ranked #12 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
New York City, New York
“Top Choice Awards”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I had the recent fortune of staying at the River Inn. From the time of Check in which was 130am I knew my friend and I chose the right place to stay. Chris who checked us in was extremely helpful and friendly for that time of the morning. Our suite was more than I expected at did not want to leave. We had lunch the next day in the hotel Restaurant, Dish. and can only say the food and service was wonderful. Hats off to Adrienna and Kacen at the front desk. They gave me directions every time I needed and made sure I would not get lost. Always had a friendly smile when I would return and made sure everything they told me went well. I can only say each time I return to Washington I will stay at The River Inn. I feel it is like my home away from home.
Thank you all.

Room Tip: You will miss out if you do not stay at River Inn. Amazing Location, and great service
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
BrittanyFOS, Front Office Supervisor at The River Inn, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Hello there, and thank you very much for your compliments on The River Inn! We really appreciate the nice things you said about our front desk staff, we take pride in their ability to do all they can for our guests. I'm glad that you enjoyed your suite, as well as the in-house retaurant, Dish + Drinks! This means that you're going to have to come back and visit us again sometime. Thank you again, and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Great location & service. Just a couple blocks from the metro, Kennedy Center, trader joe's and whole foods. The hotel is in a residential area so it feels more like home. The rooms are large with room to spread out and they have mini-kitchens. I had a view of the Washington Monument & the infamous Watergate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Greetings, and thank you for your recent visit to The River Inn! Sounds like you had a good time with us, especially with a room that has a view of both the Washington Monument and the Watergate complex! The suites are very spacious, I'm glad that you were able to utilize the kitchen during your stay. It comes in handy, especially with two grocery stores within walking distance! Like you, I love the location of the hotel, it is so quiet and peaceful, yet so close to the sights of DC. Thanks again, and we look forward to your next visit!
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Besides being a great location, the staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and mine had a kitchen. Although I didn't cook, it was really nice to have coffee beans and a coffee grinder furnished by the hotel at no extra cost. I will stay again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
BrittanyFOS, Front Office Supervisor at The River Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Greetings! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at The River Inn. Like you, I love the fact that there are kitchens in the rooms. Even if you don't cook, it is nice to have just in case. Thank you for your comments on our amazing staff, they do all they can to ensure that you enjoy your stay! We are very much looking forward to your next visit, give us a call sometime to make a reservation! Thanks again for staying at The River Inn.
Winston Salem, NC USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We chose the River Inn for our visit (with a 14 year old grand-daughter) to DC because of it's location. We know that staying on the Mall isn't a great choice because it can be fairly deserted after dark. The River Inn is located just on the edge of Georgetown, two blocks from the Foggy Bottom Metro, and close to Geo Washington University, so there were plenty of people out after dark. We were able to the 5 or 6 blocks from where we ate dinner to the hotel and not worry. PLUS the area the hotel is in is residential, with lots of townhouses with small gardens. Very pretty. The metro is 2 blocks east, the Circulator Bus ($1) is two blocks north. The White House is less than a mile away (but still easier to take the Metro).
Anyway... 10 minutes after we settled into our room, the desk called to see if everything was okay. There was a closet door that had come off it's rail. 5 minutes later, the guy was there to fix it.
It's a small hotel, so you can't subtract points for things like... well, the "gym" is a treadmill, a bike and a stairclimber. Better than nothing. And the business room was one computer and a printer. (We used the printer, but someone came in while we were using it and had to wait - to print their boarding pass). Still, small things, and nothing that bothered us.
We didn't eat in the restaurant (too expensive for us) but the room had a kitchenette and was 2 blocks from a Trader Joe's and a Fresh Market, so we saved money by eating breakfast in the room.
The staff was GREAT. Every single person was friendly and polite. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hello, and thank you for the great review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here, and that it was perfect for you, your wife, and granddaughter. There is a lot to see and do right here by the hotel, all with being in a quiet residential area! Transportation is easy to get to, especially the Metro and local buses. I'm glad that our front desk staff was attentive in calling to see that all was well with the room, and that our engineer was able to fix your closet door right away. Also, the kitchens in the suites are great for making your own meals, so it's great that you found the local Trader Joe's and Whole Foods Market for making breakfast! Thank you again for your nice comments, we hope to see you again soon at The River Inn!
Rome
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

This is a good hotel! We stayed here during a convention and it was a really short walk down to the PAHO building so the location was ideal. We were given mini suites with a small kitchenette - rather useful if you are in meetings all day, sometimes till as late at 7-8pm. It was comforting to come back and know that you could eat in (stock up the fridge) or go downstairs to the rather nice restaurant near the lobby area. Breakfasts were also very nice though a bit expensive if you're on a budget. There's a Trader Joe's at five minutes' walking distance and is very close to Georgetown if you want to go out in the evenings.

About the rooms: they were clean, the bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was standard, amenities were pleasing and never lacking (Neutrogena products for toiletries). I had a flat screen TV in the room, a desk and a table to eat from. There was also a sofa in case you were entertaining guests.

The staff was friendly too! I would have given it 5 out of 5 if it weren't for small inconveniences we had with the prices. Many guests during that week were all attending the same meeting. Some got better deals than others (inexplicably). When we explained that we all wanted the same rate, the manager said this was not possible and that was disappointing. Some of us had to go back to the same organization with different bills for reimbursement, which was embarrassing to explain. Nonetheless, the manager did offer those paying more money breakfast coupons, which was at least a gesture.

All in all it was a good stay. I would recommend this hotel for those who have a budget of 100-140 dollars per night.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
BrittanyFOS, Front Office Supervisor at The River Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Hi! Thank you for the great review on The River Inn! I am really glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel. We get a lot of compliments on the building's location, beds, and kitchenettes. The kitchenettes especially make the room feel more like being at home. Thanks for the nice comments on our staff as well, I am sorry to hear that you had an inconvenience regarding the room rates. If guests stay with us within a group block, they all receive the same exact rate. Others, however, may have booked on their own with the hotel and gotten different rates. I hope this doesn't prevent you from visiting us again sometime! Thanks again for your comments, and we look forward to your return.
Farnborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We are currently staying in this hotel and we are very pleased with our choice! The hotel is in the perfect location, within walking distance of Foggy Bottom metro station, the White House and Georgetown. All can be reached in under 15 minutes and the hotel is on a quite, residential street. The front desk staff are really friendly, nothing is too much trouble. All of them genuinely wanted to chat to you and were ready to help. The rooms were spacious and very comfortable. They room decor is fine, some elements have recently been added like flat screen TVs and 'rain' showers. Continuing to improve the decor of the rooms will definitely raise the standards. The kitchen area is a bonus, even though we only used it to make coffee! Highly recommended - superb value for money!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
BrittanyFOS, Front Office Supervisor at The River Inn, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Hello there, and thanks for your review on The River Inn! I am very glad to hear that you are enjoying your stay so far. The location is perfect, with so much to see and do within walking distance. The Foggy Bottom neighborhood is a historic district, and is very quiet! Thanks for your nice compliments on our front desk staff, we pride ourselves on having energetic agents who will do anything they can to help our guests. I'm glad you liked the suites as well, I know when my mother stayed here she loved being able to make her own coffee, including grinding the beans! Just to let you know, we will be undergoing renovations in our suites later this fall, so you will have to come back and see all the changes! Thanks again for your stay at The River Inn.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Wonderful evening and accomodations. Centrally located within walking distance to many attractions or short taxi ride. Staff extremely accomodating. Suites are well appointed. Nice bar and restaurant on site.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello there, and thank you for your nice comments on The River Inn! Our central location is a great draw for our guest, since we are close to so many attractions! If walking isn't ideal, there are always taxis we can call and also the Metro within 2.5 blocks of the hotel. Thank you for the great comments on our staff and in-house restaurant Dish + Drinks. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at The River Inn, and we hope to see you again sometime!